A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Who the f**k is Sean Dundee? 

He was a fairly prolific striker in Germany who ended up at Liverpool, played 2 games then fucked off back to Germany again. He also had a game for the Sega Megadrive or something named after him before he moved to Germany.

Just now, Aidan said:

He was a fairly prolific striker in Germany who ended up at Liverpool, played 2 games then fucked off back to Germany again. He also had a game for the Sega Megadrive or something named after him before he moved to Germany.

Cheers, never heard of him in my life, just seems totally out of place in that article :lol:

Cheers, never heard of him in my life, just seems totally out of place in that article [emoji38]

He pops up regularly on those world's worst Premiership players type shows that are normally on Sky 1. I'm assuming he was quite well known at the time if he had his name and face plastered all over a football game.

Who the f**k is Sean Dundee? 
An annoying c**t who, whenever you fired "Dundee Shirt" into e-bay's search engine in the hope of picking up a rare umbro top from the mid eighties, resulted in you getting 27 results for fucking German club shirts.

He was also fucking shite.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

He pops up regularly on those world's worst Premiership players type shows that are normally on Sky 1. I'm assuming he was quite well known at the time if he had his name and face plastered all over a football game.

He was very well known at the time.

Also seemed to be linked with Rangers or Celtic every single summer/transfer window.

16 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

He did, he was ‘international talent scout’. Think his only major signing was Seb Rozental, who was not on the list, but he left to manage Newcastle. ☹️

Mind him scoring in a cup game against St Johnstone. Then he got crocked for about four years. Signed from the superbly named Universidad Catolica.

To add to the Sean Dundee stuff, he must have played for a German side v Hearts in the UEFA Cup around 1999 or 2000 as I remember their team training at Heriot Watt. One of my mates managed to grab a word with him and he went on to the coach and got all the players and staff to sign something. Probably a jersey or some such. Stuttgart seems to ring a bell for some reason - they had a white shirt with a red horizontal stripe I think? Seemed a nice enough chap.

42 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

To add to the Sean Dundee stuff, he must have played for a German side v Hearts in the UEFA Cup around 1999 or 2000 as I remember their team training at Heriot Watt. One of my mates managed to grab a word with him and he went on to the coach and got all the players and staff to sign something. Probably a jersey or some such. Stuttgart seems to ring a bell for some reason - they had a white shirt with a red horizontal stripe I think? Seemed a nice enough chap.

Yup, Stuttgart. Mr Dundee scored the first Stuttgart goal.

"Miss of the season" contender by Gordan Petric*, which if it had gone in would probably have put Hearts through.

*Watching it again, it wasn't that bad a miss. Or at least not as bad as folk made out at the time. I'm not really expecting a dodgy centre-back to smash in a half-volley from 15 yards. IIRC there was a far worse miss by Didier Agathe (during his brief sojourn as a Hibs striker) in a derby earlier that season.

Edited by JamesM82

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Borough Briggs hasn't changed much in 50 years- quite a good thing I suppose!

Indeed. Here’s a piece of trivia for you Tam. The chimney that appears at the back of the Elgin team photo was part of an old mill on the river Lossie. It was taken down sometime in the late 70s and the child that had the privilege of pressing the demolition button was a Mr Dougal Sharp who stayed close to it at the time.

4 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

"Miss of the season" contender by Gordan Petric*, which if it had gone in would probably have put Hearts through.

*Watching it again, it wasn't that bad a miss. Or at least not as bad as folk made out at the time. I'm not really expecting a dodgy centre-back to smash in a half-volley from 15 yards. IIRC there was a far worse miss by Didier Agathe (during his brief sojourn as a Hibs striker) in a derby earlier that season.

Great game. A team including Pablo Thiam and Krassimir Balakov crapping it from auxiliary forward Kevin James.

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Indeed. Here’s a piece of trivia for you Tam. The chimney that appears at the back of the Elgin team photo was part of an old mill on the river Lossie. It was taken down sometime in the late 70s and the child that had the privilege of pressing the demolition button was a Mr Dougal Sharp who stayed close to it at the time.

An interesting fact indeed: He certainly demolished "Sweet Child of mine" at school on one occasion.. :lol::cheers

On 1/16/2018 at 23:25, Flybhoy said:

The man who gave the greatest put down in Scottish football history when he told Alex 'staunch' McDonald a.k.a Wee Doddie..

"I could keep a beach ball off you in a phone box"  :lol:

The man who got Willie Johnstone sent off for blatent cheating, was asked to report to SFA Headquarters to man up and admit his guilt by Wallace Mercer who represented Willie but of course failed to show up. The incident is well documented and to this day has never been forgiven, unbelievably 2 years later reports were known that Hearts were interested in signing him, thankfully celtic offered us John Colqhoun instead.

On 18/02/2018 at 08:29, JamesM82 said:

Always loved that all Maroon kit, great game as well.  

1 hour ago, jamtart1972 said:

The man who got Willie Johnstone sent off for blatent cheating, was asked to report to SFA Headquarters to man up and admit his guilt by Wallace Mercer who represented Willie but of course failed to show up. The incident is well documented and to this day has never been forgiven, unbelievably 2 years later reports were known that Hearts were interested in signing him, thankfully celtic offered us John Colqhoun instead.

I didn't know the above happened.    Provan always was a pr1ck.  Even though he played for Killie I dislike him immensely, a bit like Gordon "Chocolate" Smith. 

On 1/20/2018 at 11:30, paul wright scores said:

And both him and Brown  played that muppet Aitken in most games.  

That was one of the reasons I stopped going to Scotland games for a number of years as they weren't playing the best players.  (Sounds a bit like someone else who left the Scotland manager roles recently)

Stopped going just before they left for Italia 1990, Roxbrough took Robert Fleck who was on loan from Chelsea to Norwich at the time instead of John Robertson, never been back since.