A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

It’s a sign of how far Scottish football has fallen that people under a certain age are incapable of believing we produced world class players as recently as the 1970s. 

I'm old enough to remember both playing and can categorically state that they were not remotely comparable in stature.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

I remember this tackle, sounded actually showed the ref his leg as if to say he was the victim here. emoji3.png

Yes, pointing to a tear in his sock.

I don't think he actually got sent off for that one, did he?  An absolutely hideous assault.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think he actually got sent off for that one, did he?  An absolutely hideous assault.

A coward's challenge. He wasn't a 'hard man'; he was an utter shitebag piece of garbage. He was a cowardly bully

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That wasn't even his worse.

Cant find it on YouTube but he nearly ended Siggi Johnson's career playing for Scotland against Iceland in 1985, his cowardly, off the ball kick on George McCluskey when he was sent off on his Rangers debut at Easter Road is up there too as is trying to break Billy Stark's ankle when he had temporarily lost his boot at Celtic Park in 1987.

Souness was a dirty fucking b*****d but to be fair, had footballing talent to go with it, a magnificent player although, in todays era he would probably have got a lifetime ban for some of his actions.

Just now, Flybhoy said:

That wasn't even his worse.

Cant find it on YouTube but he nearly ended Siggi Johnson's career playing for Scotland against Iceland in 1985, his cowardly, off the ball kick on George McCluskey when he was sent off on his Rangers debut at Easter Road is up there too as is trying to break Billy Stark's ankle when he had temporarily lost his boot at Celtic Park in 1987.

Souness was a dirty fucking b*****d but to be fair, had footballing talent to go with it, a magnificent player although, in todays era he would probably have got a lifetime ban for some of his actions.

He also broke someone's jaw off the ball in a European game with Liverpool. 

He was a classy footballer, but he was also a vicious thug.  These days, he's an irrelevant moron.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He also broke someone's jaw off the ball in a European game with Liverpool. 

He was a classy footballer, but he was also a vicious thug.  These days, he's an irrelevant moron.

Against Dinamo Bucharest in the 1984 EC semi first leg. 

Actually saw an interview with him on a programme about Liverpool in the 80's, story goes said opppnent had twice raked his studs down Ronnie Whelan's leg, something Souness was more than adept at himself, so he dished out some off the ball retribution with a forearm smash to the jaw, no compliance officers etc back then.

In the return leg he told how he was getting dogs abuse from the crowd in the warm up so, shook his head and waved his arms then pointed at Alan Kennedy, who had a similar bubble perm/moustache combo.  Subsequently the bemused full back was jeered incessantly and pelted with coins etc every time he went near the touchline to take a throw :lol:

Edited by Flybhoy

Beautiful, isn’t it?! [emoji4]

A coward's challenge. He wasn't a 'hard man'; he was an utter shitebag piece of garbage. He was a cowardly bully

He was an absolute ‘baller and a fucking horrible b*****d. Wish they still made them like that these days.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Beautiful, isn’t it?! emoji4.png

He was an absolute ‘baller and a fucking horrible b*****d. Wish they still made them like that these days.

Souness was indeed a fucking animal at times but he had the talent and skill to go with it in abundance. 

The old saying that you'd 'rather have him in the tent pissing out it than outside pissing in it' springs to mind.

22 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Souness was indeed a fucking animal at times but he had the talent and skill to go with it in abundance. 

The old saying that you'd 'rather have him in the tent pissing out it than outside pissing in it' springs to mind.

I have never heard that saying in my life but yes, absolutely.

45 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Cracking old picture of Hampden, bathed in sunshine on cup final day, 1989, Chris Woods tips a header over the bar with Mark McGhee and Richard Gough nearby.

Celtic 1 Rangers 0 thanks to a superb pass back/assist from Gary Stevens.

FB_IMG_1517180326049.jpg

29 years ago in May.

Where did the time go?