A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

10 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

CDAE1C04-513D-49B0-80F4-9FABD892698A.thumb.jpeg.194ce71bc34025a32b1e7aa8acf41d65.jpeg

Bobby Murdoch and Alex Rae lead out their teams for the League Cup Final on 23rd October 1971. Despite being written off by just about everybody outside of Firhill, Thistle would go on to create the biggest ever upset in Scottish Football history. Certainly for a cup final by winning 4-1. (4-0 ht ). 

A glorious occasion.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Image result for john hewitt 1983

I'd never noticed before that the goals used for that European final had such a temporary look about them.

They look like they got pegged into position as the players warmed up.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

1923%20Canary%20Islands%201.jpg

Raith Rovers officials & players shortly before they were shipwrecked enroute to play Celta Vigo.

Bond villains throughout that picture. A young Nigel Farage front row right, and I'm not sure what the guy on the left has got on his crotch.

1 hour ago, Andy_K_97 said:

One of the first known pictures of any Kilmarnock team taken in 1879, ten years after their formation. At this point in time Rangers and Dumbarton are only 7 years old, Hearts are 5, Hibs are 4 and we're 9 years away from the creation of Celtic. At the time the team played in Oxford (dark) blue with white shorts - the blue and white vertical stripes first appeared in 1896 but in the early 20th century up until 1960 or so the team wore hoops.

1879 Kilmarnock FC.jpg

I'm sure I saw Kilmarnock wearing hoops a couple of times in the late 70s.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm sure I saw Kilmarnock wearing hoops a couple of times in the late 70s.

You're absolutely correct, you would have done. In the early 70s we went for the St. Johnstone look of all blue before adopting a design similar to our playoff final season home strip, then hoops in the late 70s. When Tommy Burns became manager we reverted to the stripes save for a couple of seasons where we had white tops with blue shorts and socks in the 90s. 

1 hour ago, Andy_K_97 said:

One of the first known pictures of any Kilmarnock team taken in 1879, ten years after their formation. At this point in time Rangers and Dumbarton are only 7 years old, Hearts are 5, Hibs are 4 and we're 9 years away from the creation of Celtic. At the time the team played in Oxford (dark) blue with white shorts - the blue and white vertical stripes first appeared in 1896 but in the early 20th century up until 1960 or so the team wore hoops.

1879 Kilmarnock FC.jpg

Danger lurking about to the left, just off pic.