When did your team last score 6 goals ?

Think the last time we scored six at this level must have been about 10 years ago, I’m sure we scudded Morton at home. Think we even gave them the luxury of a consolation penalty in the last minute, scored by a certain Iain Russell I’m sure.

Definitely scored five on a good few occasions more recently in this league, a home win against Cowden when Fordyce scored a hat-trick sticks. Can remember putting five past Morton away when John McGlynn was here, think we stuck five past Raith and Dumbarton under Burchill. Crazy when you think about it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We also beat Alloa 5-1 at Recreation Park in 2002/03 but didn't win either home game against them.  

Less than two months before beating Morton 6-2, they beat us 5-1.

In the game against Albion Rovers we were 6-0 up at half-time and some of our fans booed the team off when we didn't score any more goals in the second half.

The 8-1 win over Annan is our record win.  Annan took the lead and their fans invaded the pitch.  Steve Paterson subbed Vetle Anderson for taking the piss by playing keepie-uppie when it was 8-1.

In 2000/2001 we played Ayr five times and there were 26 goals in those games, including a cup game ICT won 4-3 after being 3-0 down at half-time.

On 1/17/2018 at 17:41, Skyline Drifter said:

That one however is before my time of attending away games. Not scarred by it.

I'm still scarred by that one, i remember half the double decker getting lifted that day after some stuff went missing from a service station on the way up.

On 14/01/2018 at 05:59, BIG BEN said:

St.Mirren hit 7 in the 1st half v lothian thistle Hutchison vale allstars utd or whatever they were called. Does that count or league only?

Another 4 times at least in the last 10 years too

7v0 Dumbarton LC 2008

6v3 E Stirlinghshire CC 2009

Peterhead 6v1 SC 2011

Ayr 6v2 Championship 2017

Mostly cups for us.

16-17 Beith 0-6 Morton (SC)

13-14 East Fife 2-6 Morton (LC - but that was AET)

12-13 Morton 6-0 Turriff United (SC replay)

11-12 Stranraer 0-8 Morton (LC - Andy Jackson and Paul Di Giacomo got 4 each)

10-11 Stranraer 1-7 Morton (LC)

08-09 Stranraer 3-6 Morton (LC)

07-08 Morton 9-1 Forfar (a league game this time)

04-05 Alloa 1-6 Morton (league)

04-05 Cove Rangers 1-7 Morton (SC)

03-04 Airdrie Utd 1-6 Morton (league)

03-04 Morton 6-4 Arbroath (league)

As for defeats, since 2000 I can see that Ayr United, Queen of the South (although we did score 5 that night), Livingston, Motherwell and Hamilton have all put 6 past us. Hamilton also scored a few more than 6 against us once.....

I also recall Raith Rovers opening their season once with a 7-0 win. Who was that against........? :rolleyes: 

Archived