Paul Hartley's Hampden bound army v The West Lothian franchise

Donathan

Unlucky livay but I hope this is this the start of your demise if taiwo is out long term. Still at least there is a chance we can reap some financial benefit out of this competition if we are capable enough of progressing. Time for sibbs' mean streak he has developed to charge on and let' s see if blair has added some dig to his flair. You may have awoken a sleeping giant livaigh. 

May whoever you believe in be with you.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Falkirk fans acting as if they don't have plenty dirty players of their own :lol: That team reminds me of those kids in high school who feel the need to try and start a scrap any time something doesn't go their way, and Jakubiak looks like another loose cannon added to that. 

Not going to give Hopkin too much stick considering how well he's done with us but I was baffled that we started two small midfielders up front when we had two 6ft+ strikers on the bench, would have made much more sense hoofing it up to one of them. Wasn't at the Brechin game last week but Gallagher doesn't look like a midfielder to me, hopefully doesn't play there much more. 

That game really didn't deserve a goal but if it was getting one it was always going to be a shite OG in the last minute.

Not too bothered about going out, kind of expected it given our record in this round, think that's now 7 defeats in our last 7 round 4 games. Well done Falkirk and good luck in the next round(s).

The problem is we don't have any dirty players. If we did that full back of yours would have been put into the stand after that tackle, we don't have anyone with the balls to deal with players like that except Taiwo. Given the refs in this league are quite happy to let folk cannon right through whoever they want every week we need a few players that will make other teams think twice about bullying us like that. 

Deserved win for Falkirk. Could see that last minute goal coming from Monday lunchtime when folk cleared the pitch of snow. The most disappointing thing for me was persisting with two wee guys up front for an hour, and punting the ball to them every time. It’s a tactic that’s served us relatively well this season but the personnel have changed, McMillan coming in from the cold was a mistake IMO, but in saying that Mullin was much worse. Pathetic attitude from him at the end in his attempts to close down Longridge not once, but twice. If that’s the way he’s going to play until May then I’d take the money now to be honest.

The best chance we’ll have at making the quarters of the Scottish Cup in my lifetime, and we’ve made a c**t of it. Call me seething all you like, why wouldn’t I be? There is something remiss about us at the moment, I don’t think we’ve played well since we pumped Queens in November.

Good luck in the next round Falkirk. You jammy c***s.

The problem is we don't have any dirty players. If we did that full back of yours would have been put into the stand after that tackle, we don't have anyone with the balls to deal with players like that except Taiwo. Given the refs in this league are quite happy to let folk cannon right through whoever they want every week we need a few players that will make other teams think twice about bullying us like that. 

I didn’t see the tackle or I’d probably be raging just now. I did notice Longridge trying to shake Taiwo’s hand, but Tom was having none of it.

The annoying thing is that as he got a yellow card no retrospective action can be taken if it was as bad as is being suggested...

Well chuffed with the result, around the 90 min mark I was thinking we could be rue that Nelson chance and another game against Livvy on the cards.

We cant count our chickens in regard to who we will face next round but its a superb draw to either progress even further or make £s as this season obviously will be the most damaging since our first back here in a financial way

Pretty awful game of football which neither side really deserved to win but we'll take it. Tackle on taiwo was one of the worst I've seen in a long time and it really beggars belief how it wasn't a straight red. Referee was brutal all night and him bringing back a clear advantage for us with sibbald on the attack for a foul to us summed him up.  Anyway looking forward to a trip up north in the next round and thankfully it sounds like taiwo injury isn't as bad as first thought. 

12 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

What a team. Onwards to the highlands!

With the money Hartley's been able to spend Id have expected a better performance than that from Falkirk. Two evenly matched teams with one getting a lucky break in the dying minutes.

Horrendous game, Livi kicked us off the park the whole game and were quite rightly karma’d to f**k conceding that goal. Hartley saying Wee Taiwos injury isn’t as bad as first thought.

Only one team tried to play a bit of football tonight and we weren’t very good at it. Livi are a total gang.

Cove and Formartine will be sitting seething that they don’t get to play an established top half championship team and have to play us now :(

Archived