Paul Hartley's Hampden bound army v The West Lothian franchise

Donathan

I think we should rest a lot of guys for this game, there are a few carrying injuries and a bunch of new guys that will need a run out and a chance to get fit. I normally like the cup but this year I couldn't give a f**k, we have more important things to worry about and too many players are struggling for fitness or a bit new to the team atm.

In Defence;Tumilty might be gone, or still carryng a knock, either way he is out for me. McGhee has also been carrying an injury for a little while it seems so I would keep him out.

In Midfield; I would rest sibbs and bring hippo on in his place, welsh in for taiwo and blair in for kidd.

Up front: I would give nelson and longridge a break and bring in Jakubiak and Loy. (especially nelson as he admitted he was finiding the schedule a bit tough coming from the under 23's league and he had to go off knackered and with cramp at the end of the morton game)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I imagine we will rest players but given the fragility of our finances at the moment I would think we will want to get through this game and attract a bigger draw in the next round hopefully.

Aye the quid pro quo phrase which was used for our dealings to improve the squad doesnt really stand up for now

Austin probably cost us money to get out and  maybe Gasparotto if not both were no income in for them. I just cant see players leaving for heehaw when under contract in today's world of agents getting every last penny out of a contract when they are in the best bargaining area. We will be paying the majority of Shepherds wage and we would've paid off Henderson. If we are looking to offload Harris, Craigen, Loy, Kerr and Miller, no one is telling me it wont cost us.

So progress in the cup would do us a financial favour, after all an away cup game at Livvy will not put us in the money, I dunno regarding the rest players scenario, obviously if players will benefit from rest then so be it but I'm not convinced we have a settled enough 11 or so to do so and this would give us a chance to do so and attempt to get a winning away formula. 

The cup is our last chance of rescuing something from this season either financial or reaching a latter stage, I cant see us finishing 9th now and would like some ra ra ra ra of the cup

Put this game in the doubtful category for Saturday already.....,snow coming tonite,tommorow and wednesday with sub zero temps there after to the weekend.

Livingston sits at the foot of the Pentland Hills and gets blasted more than most with cauld weather when winter arrives.

Just beginning to come together as a team so would be a bit wary of making too many changes, also probably won't want to cup tie any of the wage thief's that we want to move on.
Hoping that this is off as I will be in sunny Stornoway on Saturday!

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not looking great in Livi just now though, a few inches of snow on the ground.

Pretty sure it's supposed to keep snowing until Thursday night.

Absolutely no chance this is on unless we get a heatwave when the snow stops. We should probably turn on our undersoil heating... :whistle

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Pretty sure it's supposed to keep snowing until Thursday night.

Absolutely no chance this is on unless we get a heatwave when the snow stops. We should probably turn on our undersoil heating... :whistle

Heatwave and the park floods, still off :D 

21 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

You're a shower of robbing c***s Livi. 

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

£18 for this is honestly atrocious. Hope the Falkirk fans tell them to gtf.

Prices are agreed between both clubs...can hardly blame Livingston for it

22 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Prices are agreed between both clubs...can hardly blame Livingston for it

Not entirely true. As far as I know both clubs can agree to a price (generally lower than normal) but if no agreement it goes to standard league pricing or something along those lines. 

@Skyline Drifter will tell it better than me. 

I don’t really see what the surprise is with prices tbh, given we tried to charge £20 for the Glenafton game it’s not really a shock we are pricing this at standard league prices. 

If you don’t want to go because of the price don’t go, if you do go, enjoy the game. 

Regardless it’s going to need an upturn in the weather here in Livingston this week for this game to have half a chance of going ahead. 

Archived