East Fife versus Alloa

2 minutes ago, T-zero said:

I’m guessing it’ll be the same starting 11 as last week only slattery who’s on the bench who is good enough to start.

It certainly won't be the starting lineup.Flannagan is away.

Smith , Piggott, and the Hurst brothers will be in contention.

It certainly won't be the starting lineup.Flannagan is away.
Smith , Piggott, and the Hurst brothers will be in contention.

Forgot about that, apart from someone coming in for Flanagan don’t think anyone will drop out unless some injuries.

A decent game with two well matched teams trying to play a passing game. Alloa looked the more likely team to score in the first 25 minutes.We grew into the game and when Mark Lamont picked the ball up deep he was really causing the Alloa rear guard all sorts of problems.Indeed it was Mark who opened the scoring with a cross that completely evaded the keeper and crept in at the back post. A good open 2nd half saw Alloa equalise with a scrambled effort from a free kick into the box. East Fife got the winner with a well worked goal carving out space for Docherty to curl a beautiful effort into the corner with his right foot.Alloa then tried to go route one with high balls, I felt we carved out the best chances in the closing stages. Good to be back to winning ways and stay in touch for a play of spot. 

I thought Jim Goodwin was a bit harsh on his team after the game. For the first 20 mins I thought they were going to blow us away & Ryan Goodfellow's save from Cawley was for me the turning point in the game. EF grew into the game after that & fully deserved to win the game, fantastic finish from Sparky for the winner

We started well but struggled a bit after Cranes injury. Personally would have brought on McKeown for a back 3 (if not immediately, then certainly in second half) and kept Hetherington in midfield, we lost a bit of control in there once he switched to left back. 

Created chances but wasn't our best outing. East Fifes opener was a fluke but a beauty. They have a couple of decent players.

We started well but struggled a bit after Cranes injury. Personally would have brought on McKeown for a back 3 (if not immediately, then certainly in second half) and kept Hetherington in midfield, we lost a bit of control in there once he switched to left back. 
Created chances but wasn't our best outing. East Fifes opener was a fluke but a beauty. They have a couple of decent players.

Pretty much my thoughts in summary.

We could easily have come away with a draw, but East Fife were a better team on the day. Moving Hetherington to left back was a reasonable option, but it weakened our midfield and, despite his goal, Adam Martin looked out of his depth at times - this highlights that our bench is weaker than it needs to be IMO. Hoggan to left back might have been a better change.

Certainly second half bringing Frank or Ryan Hoggan on into a back three and releasing Stevie H and Robbo into midfield might have been a better option and got us back to playing football rather than resorting to punting high balls forwards - we're better than that; although I thought Renton was our best player on the day.

Agree the Fifers had a few good players; Duggan gave our centre defence problems all day.

Archived