West Juniors

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

To be fair to the guy although he is overreacting the being from Larkhall means you must be Mason Boyne thing would probably start to get irritating by the hundredth time you have heard it, if you are from that town, and given Paul McStay is from there and in the past it was one of the strongest areas of support for the SNP in Lanarkshire there is a lot more going on in Larkhall than the tired old stereotype.

Ironic that one of the names they considered using when they formed in the 1800s was Larkhall CELTIC. True story - remember doing a bit of research for our programme when we were due to play them and having a laugh when I found out.

Not saying there isn't a lot of sashery going on in the town - obviously there is, but to their credit, he Jags haven't ever taken the easy option and bought into it to my knowledge.

It's just one of those lazy bits of patter that must eventually start to grate...for instance, my hair is pretty much down to my hind end - relic of playing in metal bands for too many years - and I've lost count of the amount of punters who say "Oh, I thought you were a girl from the back..." like it's the first time I'll have heard it.

I normally ask them if they want to suck my dick to make sure I'm not, which tends to end the conversation there.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

To be fair to the guy although he is overreacting the being from Larkhall means you must be Mason Boyne thing would probably start to get irritating by the hundredth time you have heard it, if you are from that town, and given Paul McStay is from there and in the past it was one of the strongest areas of support for the SNP in Lanarkshire there is a lot more going on in Larkhall than the tired old stereotype.

Is Ashgill part of Larkhall or outside it?

29 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Is Ashgill part of Larkhall or outside it?

Just outside. 

The part about considering the name Celtic (pronounced  Keltic btw) is true.

It was thought it might attract the large Irish community living in the area at the time who worked in the numerous coal mines.

And yes it does get a bit annoying with the constant" you come from Larkhall so you must be a card carrying flute playing  member of the lodge whose son is called Billy"

39 minutes ago, santheman said:

Just outside. 

The part about considering the name Celtic (pronounced  Keltic btw) is true.

It was thought it might attract the large Irish community living in the area at the time who worked in the numerous coal mines.

And yes it does get a bit annoying with the constant" you come from Larkhall so you must be a card carrying flute playing  member of the lodge whose son is called Billy"

Only Billy from Larkhall i knew was in the Purple Heroes. Might be the same guy.

Archived