Longest Serving Player At Your Club?

You're getting rather flustered - this is a post about longest serving footballer at a your club, not a  meeting with your line manager regarding your potential redundancy entitlement...
:rolleyes:

Interpreting the phrase differently because it's at a football club, yes, that's a credible argument.

Craig Levein is not near the top of the list of longest serving managers in Scotland. He is near the bottom having only been in the job 133 days, regardless of his previous 4 year spell.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Interpreting the phrase differently because it's at a football club, yes, that's a credible argument.

Craig Levein is not near the top of the list of longest serving managers in Scotland. He is near the bottom having only been in the job 133 days, regardless of his previous 4 year spell.

Getting very officious - it's a phrase. Using our understanding of language, I am correct. Using your background as a shop steward, everyone is losing the will to live...

:lol:

1 hour ago, btb said:

At Saints it would be Jack Baird & Lewis Morgan who both moved up from the U-20 squad in May 2015

Morgan (Sep 2014) made his first team debut before Baird (Nov 2014) but I presume Baird was with our youth setup prior to LM's arrival.

I guess that sums up football in 2018 when your two longest serving players are both 21-y-o! :unsure:

Any chance you can clarify this to stop the bickering please? 

Do you mean players that have served the same club for an unbroken spell, or simply players that have served the same club regardless of broken service? 

Thanks in advance. 

Livi's longest serving player is Keaghan Jacobs with over 220 appearances since 2006 but did have a year in South Africa in 2015/16.

Current continuous serving player currently at the club is Scott Pittman having signed in 2014

For us it's Paul McClean or Gary Fusco though Fusco had a season away to forfar. And we have Craig Nelson who is still there as a coach so would be between McClean and Nelson not sure who's been the longest

I think Nelly played in our last win [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] so must ve been 10 years ha ha

14 minutes ago, P475 said:

Do you mean players that have served the same club for an unbroken spell, or simply players that have served the same club regardless of broken service? 

Thanks in advance. 

It doesn't really matter does it? Most people posting both - no legal requirements involved...

;)

31 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Sibbs for us. Debut in 2011 at 16; looks like the Cup Tie at Livingston next Saturday will be his 200th game for the club. Genuinely surprised he's still at TFS, but delighted that he is... A joy to watch with the ball at his feet.  

images.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

That seems low, Soccerway has his total appearances at 255, maybe that would be his 200th start?

12 minutes ago, P475 said:

Thanks in advance. 

I meant unbroken service so I listed Baird & Morgan as joint longest - I'd still look at it this way even although LM is now only on loan with.

We've had 5 managers since Baird & Morgan  made their debuts in late 2014 (Craig/Teale/Murray/Rae/Ross) but I was still a bit taken aback that they are both still only 21.

I was curious to find out if other clubs had the same turnover as us.

I will take more care before starting any further threads.

45 minutes ago, TeeMan said:

End of an era. Debut for Queens in 2002.

He hasnt gone anywhere yet and I dont think anyone actually wants him to except maybe him.

Lyle is both our longest serving in total time (11 yrs or so) and longest unbroken run as a first team player (Aug 2012) at the moment. Danny Carmichael joined us in 2010 but had 16 months away at Hibs to break his 8 years up.

We lost some long servers such as Hooper and Atkinson in the summer but if we are including total time registered since signing on as a youth then Jack Leighfield has been with us since Aug 2010 and is approaching 8 continuous years. Ewan Gourlay and Owen Bell have also been here longer than Lyle. I acknowledge youths dont have the same professional tendency to move on though.

35 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

If Transfermarket is correct he’s due his 200th league appearance Saturday.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/craig-sibbald/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/165345

Interesting!  Soccerway says it will be is 199th league appearance to go along with his 57 cup appearances for a total of 255 to date while Transfermarkt has 199 League plus 56 Cup appearances to reach the 255

https://ca.soccerway.com/players/craig-sibbald/197079/

Archived