Clyde v Stenhousemuir

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first two matches against Stenny this season were very close and taking aside a wondergoal in the first match and a dodgy penalty in the second we may have got the odd win.  But then if yer aunty had bawz etc etc.  

Just win Clyde, eh?  

Last season - 14 games without a league win.

This season - 12 league games without a league win, and counting.

With Montrose and Peterhead to follow this one, I fear we might eclipse last year. Absolutely soul destroying.

We might win tomorrow. Stenny have been the better team first half in both games, we were the better team second half. Dunlops have dealt well with Goodwillie but hopefully last week is a sign he's back onto some form. Hopefully Paton is indeed away back to Hearts, at least for this game (even if he has been relatively quiet in both meetings so far).

The problem we've got is that it's now at a stage where hardly any of the players deserve to be starting, whether through abysmal fitness, poor form, not being good enough, or bouts of racism. Currie, Home, Goodwillie, possibly McNiff (who will probably be half the player without Munro shouting at him). That's about it.  Ask 10 people our best eleven and they'd all say wildly different things, and not with any confidence. 

Going by the preview on OS there won't be any new faces tomorrow so given the fact that the current squad is not blessed with any talent .. Goodwillie apart of course, it does not look good. 

I think it is quite straight forward:

1. If we are able to replace the poor players currently the team then we will hopefully be ok.

2. If we are unable, for whatever reason, to replace the current poor players then we will likely be in relegation play off.

Current squad quite simply not good enough to survive in this league, several players are much worse than the ones we had last year and that is saying something. Damming assessment on Chapman and the desision to appoint him and his heidcase assistant, I think Danny Lennon is capable of making the necessary improvement however his hand may well  be tied given the huge change in personnel that is required. Tomorrow will be long cold 90 mins I suspect... again.

The problem we've got is that it's now at a stage where hardly any of the players deserve to be starting, whether through abysmal fitness, poor form, not being good enough, or bouts of racism. Currie, Home, Goodwillie, possibly McNiff (who will probably be half the player without Munro shouting at him). That's about it.  Ask 10 people our best eleven and they'd all say wildly different things, and not with any confidence. 

McNiff is shit

We are we are cause o chapman.

Man should have never got near the job. How anyone who thought he would be a success is beyond me from fan to boardroom...

No munro tomorrow and perhaps Love from feb, Disaster again and if we just survive this season club needs a full re think strategy to allow DL & AL every chance to be a success..

The sad thing is that I would actually take another boring 0-0! In our current situation every point is a prisoner with the hope that Cowdenbeath don’t do any better. What a horrible situation to be in, particularly as irs only January. 

What have we come to...awful!!

7 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Play like we did against Annan and we'll get beat comfortably. 

My only hope is that stenny aren't as good since they've lost Paton. 

Mark McGuigan is coming to haunt you. 

We are we are cause o chapman.

Man should have never got near the job. How anyone who thought he would be a success is beyond me from fan to boardroom...

No munro tomorrow and perhaps Love from feb, Disaster again and if we just survive this season club needs a full re think strategy to allow DL & AL every chance to be a success..

AL ?

Archived