Second EU referendum

Richey Edwards

Remain or Leave?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

.UK public are a bit thick?

Proper Britishness is steaming ahead with something that you know is going to be a disaster because it would be too embarrasing to change your mind.

The must be leave voting politicians who are having second thoughts. I refuse to believe that they're all that stupid.

Proper Britishness is steaming ahead with something that you know is going to be a disaster because it would be too embarrasing to change your mind.
The must be leave voting politicians who are having second thoughts. I refuse to believe that they're all that stupid.
That's the spirit!

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 08:54, NotThePars said:

The campaign would be much more racist than it was last time and I’m not convinced at all that Remain would win since the hardcore Remainers are determined to learn even less from their losses than Clinton Democrats. Another referendum would set the choice straight between remaining in the EU or having the hardest of Brexits at a time when movement is starting to move for a softer Brexit. I have no idea where people have this faith that Andrew Adonis, Nick Clegg and Ken Clarke would win a referendum.

Not to mention the guy who by my reckoning would be Leave's banker

Image result for tony blair

1 hour ago, sureiknow said:

If you want to remain that means you will become part of the German led European Army.

Doesn't usually end well that.

Especially when it goes up against Russia. 

Which it will.

The snow won't save the Russians this time.

Sieg heil.

7 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The polls are fascinating:

A large majority of people don't think that the government will get a good deal for the UK.

A smaller majority would vote for remain (although often within the margin of error).

A big majority don't believe that we should have second vote to rethink the whole thing.

Source?

I voted remain- just- in 2016, but it was a real wrestle of conscience. I was never swayed by the personalities involved- Farage, Boris and Giove on one side or Blair, Cameron and Tim fucking Farron on the other. A case of wanting both sides to lose, badly. The EU *is* corrupt, undemocratic and a club for big business- as well as utterly hypocritical.

My remain vote is much more solid now. I have huge criticisms of the EU but resolving these problems requires membership and engagement.

I'm pretty sure most leavers didn't vote to be poorer, to have travel more difficult and expensive, and for the UK to become an international laughing stock.

That said, there's still quite a way to go before a second referendum becomes a reality. The hard-right Brexiteers have a vision of Britian becoming a dergulated North Atalntic Singapore and it really will take a lot to divert them from that course.

Archived