Capital Punishment

Capital Punishment  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, how long after leaving the EU before the death penalty is back on the table?

I'm guessing it might take a Westminster term or two before withdrawal from the ECHR starts being seriously considered, with this being the primary reason given. Bit of a shiter for WaffenThinMint, but he's had it coming.

8 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Does it fucking matter?

Of course it matters. "45 % supported it 5 years ago" is a significantly different statement than "more than 50% support it now". 

Playing hard and loose with facts like these is what has caused most of the fucking strife in the world at the moment. If we are going to debate things let's at least start from a position of accuracy. 

I refer you to the Brexit bus for the most obvious example of this. 

8 hours ago, Serious Business said:

This is already going better than I could've imagined for a Sunday night thread.

the it crowd popcorn GIF

Considering last Sunday you weren't even a member, that wouldn't be difficult.

Guest Moomintroll
It may be hard to believe, but the general populace may be, on average, even bigger c***s than the folk who post on here  [emoji33]
Reading the shite that Magee is currently peddling, that is a truly frightening thought.

This is the sort of blue sky thinking that will get you elected as a Tory MP.

To pay for the rest of their incarcerations could we televise the executions? I’ve always thought a TV show like The Running Man would be a good early Saturday Night family programmer. Much better than that wedding shite with Lorraine Kelly and pissed all over that Ninja Warriors. Buzz Saw!!!

See!

Boris is bound to bring this in now he has his gang and he’s in charge. About time too. Hang them all and let god sort it out.

If it’s a spectacle we’re looking for then I favour either death by great white shark or saltwater crocodiles.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

See!

Boris is bound to bring this in now he has his gang and he’s in charge. About time too. Hang them all and let god sort it out.

If it’s a spectacle we’re looking for then I favour either death by great white shark or saltwater crocodiles.

I'm not paying Dundee £24 but I'd pay £24 for that.

I'm not paying Dundee £24 but I'd pay £24 for that.

No bother! Boris is away to get a bus spray painted with a photo of a great white shark munching on Peter Tobin.

Make Britain Great Again. Baseball caps out soon.

MBGA. That’s shite. He’ll probably change it to England. Much more catchy and they’re the only bit that really matters anyway. MEGA!

Look to Queen Ranavalona I of Madagascar for creative suggestions to delight the most rabid Torycunt. 

Spoiler

• Hanging. The ‘guilty’ would face hanging for days over steep cliffs, their relatives forced to watch as the rope became frayed until it unraveled, sending the victim to a plunging death.
• Boiling, burning and burying alive. Untold thousands of suspected criminals faced these medieval methods, witnessed by friends and relatives as a warning from Ranavalona.
• Beheadings. In one well-documented instance, Queen Ranavalona I ordered the decapitated heads of captured French soldiers to be impaled on stakes along the beaches of the island to serve as yet another warning to the French who might be planning an invasion.
• Poisoning. Queen Ranavalona randomly conducted loyalty tests by administering poison to subjects in question. Not surprisingly, few ‘test subjects’ survived.
• Brutal forced labor. Often on a whim, the Queen would unexpectedly order unrealistic construction projects, using thousands of unlucky natives or captured prisoners.

6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Look to Queen Ranavalona I of Madagascar for creative suggestions to delight the most rabid Torycunt. 

Hide contents

• Hanging. The ‘guilty’ would face hanging for days over steep cliffs, their relatives forced to watch as the rope became frayed until it unraveled, sending the victim to a plunging death.
• Boiling, burning and burying alive. Untold thousands of suspected criminals faced these medieval methods, witnessed by friends and relatives as a warning from Ranavalona.
• Beheadings. In one well-documented instance, Queen Ranavalona I ordered the decapitated heads of captured French soldiers to be impaled on stakes along the beaches of the island to serve as yet another warning to the French who might be planning an invasion.
• Poisoning. Queen Ranavalona randomly conducted loyalty tests by administering poison to subjects in question. Not surprisingly, few ‘test subjects’ survived.
• Brutal forced labor. Often on a whim, the Queen would unexpectedly order unrealistic construction projects, using thousands of unlucky natives or captured prisoners.

"Upon Andrianampoinimerina's death in 1810, Radama succeeded his father as king and followed royal custom by executing a number of potential opponents among Ramavo's relatives, an act that may have strained their relationship.[5] "

Yes, I can imagine that it might have.