Dunfermline vs Greenock Morton - Sat 20th Jan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fucking bellend Robinson is :lol: always has a moment of madness against us. Great finishes for both of our goals. 

Impressed with Iredale at left-back. 

Really wish O’Ware would stop blaming everyone else whenever we concede. Does it every week, usually after one of his own errors. Completely out of order laying all the blame for the Dunfermline goal on Gaston. Hit with real pace and a Dunfermline player in the way probably limits his sight. Maybe if Tam had actually closed the ball down and got close we wouldn’t have given McManus the chance to have a shot.. 

Has johnston ever came out and gave a team credit after getting beat??

Looked a very even game from highlights yet Dunfermline apparently had all the best chances..obv forgetting we hit post and had one cleared off the line as well as scoring two good goals ourselves.

Cracking save by Gaston, certainly redeemed himself for the goal.

Robinson, stupid, but not surprising.

Iredale looks a good option at left back.

[emoji4]
A4E62D99-A6F5-4962-AEA1-D14A21E4EC55.jpeg.8311e0d0883b7c8d67142ec8579681c9.jpeg
DFC2AD16-A052-439F-975F-0A37C20C4836.jpeg.0ba931fe60f5d3233a9ee43773913dfa.jpeg
As the original photographer (but not the photoshopper) of this glorious event, I can happily confirm that we are booked in for hospitality again in a fortnight for the Dunfermline game. More of the same please.

5 hours ago, Myko said:

Noticed this too ! Blatant ignorance by the ref. If it had happened in the first half or early in second half i reckon the ref wouldve acted but with a few seconds left i think he just wanted it over and one with and taken.

5 hours ago, Myko said:

Offside in own half.

^^^^

Idiot found

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

This time last week Ton supporters were calling for Duffy to go.
Is he now forgiven?

It's only the usual arseholes that are demanding the Duff gets sacked. When you highlight these arseholes they accuse you of being a "happy clapper". Well, I was happily clapping the result today at full time.

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

I can't  understand the logic in this rule.

You used to never be offside in your own half so coming back to pick up the ball how can you be considered as being off side I can't understand. Note neither coulsd those around me at the game and Dunfermline had a decent opportunity  from the kick.

Its really not difficult. If he is standing offside in the other half when the ball is played forward and runs back into his own half to challenge for the ball then he is offside. You dont automatically become onside by running back over the halfway line!

This has always been an offside offence from when the offside rule was introduced. It's not new. What changed at the start of last season was the free kick is taken from the point of playing the ball not where he was standing when it was played forward. Which means you can and do concede occasional free kicks for offside in your own half.

Anyone else notice the shot that Dunfermline had in the first half - past the post and over the line by a few yards and cleared upfield by one of our defenders - and the game played on.

At the other end of the park we couldn’t tell at the time but seeing it on TV - it was clearly a goal kick.

Had forgotten about Robinson’s kick - they missed that too. Clearly the first half wind ups had an effect.

25 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Anyone else notice the shot that Dunfermline had in the first half - past the post and over the line by a few yards and cleared upfield by one of our defenders - and the game played on.

At the other end of the park we couldn’t tell at the time but seeing it on TV - it was clearly a goal kick.

Or maybe we're "idiots" and there's some sort of rule SD can educate us about that explains this ?

Anyway, Dunfermline obviously swindling the gate receipts yesterday. Far more than the 2,500 reported imo. Looked about 3,000 + to me.

It is now the rule that freekicks for offside are taken from where the offside player touched the ball rather than where the last defender was, so a freekick for offside being taken from inside your own half is permissible. Of course, this doesn't justify the freekick being taken about 85 yards inside Morton's half when Quitongo played the ball on the halfway line.

Brora away, please.

Archived