Dunfermline vs Greenock Morton - Sat 20th Jan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*salty tears coming up*

Very frustrated after that. An utterly embarrassing refereeing performance let every shove pull and barge go , which ultimately lead to the winner. I can understand why refs make wrong decisions, but to deliberately not give ridiculous blatant stuff is unacceptable I have no idea how you can justify deliberately allowing breaching the rules, it's what your being paid to prevent!

/salty tears

That game shows their is not a lot between us. Morton ultimately showed better finishing. Like any football fan I'd like to blame the poor referee, but had he done his job fully Robinson would have been sent off(seriously dreadful lack of professionalism there) and we'd probably have lost the game sooner.

On 1/14/2018 at 13:09, Poet of the Macabre said:

Would be an absolute minter if we lost this one. Morton have beaten one decent side since September and we're playing alright again. Still expect to lose a replay.

Would start Ryan and maybe Higgy.

masterchef-the-professionals-gregg-walla

Being papped out the Scottish Cup by a completely average side from our own league would reignite mid-December levels of pessimism at EEP. 

Aye.

I thought Morton's first goal was offside and the second was a blatant push in the back on wedderburn. We made a complete arse of the substitutions and Morton didn't.

AJ not up to it, we have the players but no idea.

Edit actually yeah our keeper should have gone for the kick. Poor refereeing all round.

Morton could be a banana skin for someone bigger good luck to them. Jim Duffy very gracious.

*salty tears coming up*

Very frustrated after that. An utterly embarrassing refereeing performance let every shove pull and barge go , which ultimately lead to the winner. I can understand why refs make wrong decisions, but to deliberately not give ridiculous blatant stuff is unacceptable I have no idea how you can justify deliberately allowing breaching the rules, it's what your being paid to prevent!

/salty tears

*SFA Compliance Officer calls in progress....

45 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Absolutely shite result. Typical for Quitongo to get his usual goal against us; won't score for months again now.

If we don't get top four then this has been one massive wet fart of a season.

#seething

Not so sure...we have you in a couple of weeks!

Not buying into this ‘blame the ref’ mentality. We were outfought today. Morton deserves their win, regardless of any officiating.

We started off well, created a few chances. As soon as Morton got their goal, they controlled the rest of the first half. McManus scored a good goal, we looked good for 5-10 mins, then seemed to give up.

Managerial decisions won the match, not refereeing decisions. Duffy brought on Quitongo, who’s work rate and energy won them the match. Johnston decided leave 2 strikers and a winger on the bench, at 2-1 down in a cup tie, and throw M’Voto up front. Laughable decision making. I also thought he brought Shiels off, when he was enjoying his best spell of the match.

Personally, I thought that Paton (how was he man of the match?!) was poor today and got caught in possession too often. Should have come off instead. That’s just my opinion though, and I know others will probably disagree.

As much as I do like Clark, nothing was coming off for him today. He was poor. Cardle missed an absolute sitter in the first half and never really got going all game. Morris was woeful - kept losing his man, can’t pass a ball.

For Morton, Oliver was lively all game. I thought he played very well. Harkins bossed the game and would be my man of the match. O’Ware was a rock at the back as well.

Allan Johnstone seemed to think Dunfermline deserved to win it based on his post match interview. Not that I can remotely comment on whether or not that's true but judging by comments on here it seems he may be kidding himself on.

He seems like a terrible loser/non winner, I thought his comments after our 2-2 draw at East End reeked of being a bitter mess.

Guest Back Post Misses
Allan Johnstone seemed to think Dunfermline deserved to win it based on his post match interview. Not that I can remotely comment on whether or not that's true but judging by comments on here it seems he may be kidding himself on.

He seems like a terrible loser/non winner, I thought his comments after our 2-2 draw at East End reeked of being a bitter mess.

He is well known for spouting utter tripe in that monotone Ayrshire drone of his

Archived