Dunfermline vs Greenock Morton - Sat 20th Jan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, qpfc said:

How did Jack iredale play? Was really impressed with him during his loan spell. Definitely has the attributes to be a very good defender at this level 

Done pretty well. Defended some corners/set pieces well and had a cracking header blocked off the line at the other end. 

43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Shame most of their supporters aren’t.
The arguments amongst each other put the Bairns v Pars to shame..

It's hard when you're dealing with such bitter, petty roasters... Embarrassing toys-out-the-pram for getting a red dot :huh: 

5a64a93cde873_ScreenShot2018-01-21at14_51_14.png.a4949ec5042504034c9b818fbd6ed2b3.png

When it was first proposed that there should be segregation of supporters at matches I don’t think the plan was amongst supporters of the same team?

Who can we get to broker an agreement between you lot?

It was a great day for your lot yesterday. You should all be celebrating and looking forward to the draw shortly...

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

When it was first proposed that there should be segregation of supporters at matches I don’t think the plan was amongst supporters of the same team?

This actually happened at Inverness once, a line of stewards right up the middle of the away end. We love a shame game.

4 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

*Ross County

Ross County was just a scrap that stewards waded into to break up, at ICT they actually formed a barrier to keep fans apart all game. Think it was the cup game we lost 4-1 in 2013?

Ross County was just a scrap that stewards waded into to break up, at ICT they actually formed a barrier to keep fans apart all game. Think it was the cup game we lost 4-1 in 2013?

I remember the Inverness game but I watched the game at County live on Alba and there was a police cordon separating our own fans at that game too [emoji23]

9 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

It is now the rule that freekicks for offside are taken from where the offside player touched the ball rather than where the last defender was, so a freekick for offside being taken from inside your own half is permissible. Of course, this doesn't justify the freekick being taken about 85 yards inside Morton's half when Quitongo played the ball on the halfway line.

Brora away, please.

well that's it confirmed I must hold my hand up, you live and learn. Hope none of you lot play golf.

Ps they must have taken the free kick from row W in the East stand behind me.

18 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its really not difficult. If he is standing offside in the other half when the ball is played forward and runs back into his own half to challenge for the ball then he is offside. You dont automatically become onside by running back over the halfway line!

This has always been an offside offence from when the offside rule was introduced. It's not new. What changed at the start of last season was the free kick is taken from the point of playing the ball not where he was standing when it was played forward. Which means you can and do concede occasional free kicks for offside in your own half.

It was a really good game yesterday; entertaining with a lot of goalmouth action. 

Ryan Williamson caused a lot of problems in the first-half against Iredale but we couldn't take any. Cardle with the biggest miss of them all. 

I've always been impressed with Gary Oliver and again on Saturday he done well to stretch our defence and he scored a really well taken goal too. 

We got the momentum when McManus struck and I thought we would build on that but apart from Clark's header which Gaston saved superbly, then, we rarely troubled the goalkeeper despite playing some nice stuff. 

Morton looked more dangerous on the break but I thought a draw was going to be the right result. Credit to Morton, they took their second goal well, too, although I felt it was poor defending by us. 

M'Voto shouldn't have let Quitongo peel to the left and then cut-in on his strongest side. Robinson possibly could have done better also, but, I feel letting the shot come in as it did was more concerning. 

In the end, I'd say it was a really competitive game where Morton took their chances when it came while - once again - we will rue not being ruthless and clinical enough. 

For anyone interested, you can read my full thoughts, here.

All the Best to the Ton in the next round. It is a reasonably good draw although whoever wins through won't make it easy for you guys. A good chance to make the Quarter Finals though; good luck! :thumsup2

On 1/15/2018 at 14:18, virginton said:

A decent cup run is probably more important to the away club here, as a credible league finish looks rather unlikely under the slaphead's tombola system for picking a team. We're better playing away from home*, are defensively solid* and a probably returning  Quitongo loves a goal against this mob. So despite the cloud of seethe swirling around Cappielow at the moment, I reckon that we'll get at least a replay from Saturday's game. 

^^^ award-winning, fact-based analysis

1501637060957.jpg.9d416e75f65a49c0b9d2ce6867efc071.jpg

Just caught up with the post-match interviews on Dunfermline's YouTube page - what's with Robinson's smirk and lack of response to @dafcburty wishing Morton good luck in the next round? Does he have beef with the Ton from his time there?

1 hour ago, ExxyJj said:

Just caught up with the post-match interviews on Dunfermline's YouTube page - what's with Robinson's smirk and lack of response to @dafcburty wishing Morton good luck in the next round? Does he have beef with the Ton from his time there?

That interview isn't with me, BTW :lol:

The interviewer is Dave Henderson, who does the commentary for the visually impaired and blind. I mainly do the away games as he isn't there lol. 

Anyway, onto the main point; I think understandably Lee was a bit miffed after Saturday's game and I think the last thing he wanted to do was talk to ParsTV! 

Still, it does come across as if he wasn't really keen to praise the club, as you say...

Archived