Predictions for 2019

forameus

Kind of inspired by a post in the main thread about the worst in 2017, what are everyone's predictions - obvious or more off-the-wall - for 2018 either in WWE or the wider wrestling world?

Maybe limit them to 10 then the person at the end of the year with the most right wins the use of Grado for a night or something.

1) Someone huge to the company will pass away.  I was going to start out strong and say Vince, but I don't think it's entirely possible for him to die.  I'll open it up to being a prominent hall-of-famer or Vince himself.
2) Cena will break the record at some point during the year
3) Lesnar will leave WWE
4) Hulk Hogan will return to TV in a cringey segment with a person of colour, possibly New Day
5) Jericho will participate in the Royal Rumble
6) Daniel Bryan will wrestle again in "a" ring
7) (up the ante) Daniel Bryan will wrestle again in a WWE ring
8) A women's match will be considered one of the main events at WrestleMania (as in, talked about by the commentators as a co-main event, followed by a breather match etc, but not necessarily last on)
9) Bray Wyatt will wrestle at least one match this year in drag as Sister Abigail
10) Marty Scurrl will be signed to a WWE contract before the year is out, and - f**k it - so will Will Ospreay

I expect very few of these will come to pass.

I can definitely see 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and maybe even 8 happening.

Trying to think of different ones (apart from 7 which I think they’re building towards already) and go for maybe unexpected but potentially signposted things.

1. Bryan will wrestle in a WWE ring again
2. The Miz will win, or at least enter, the WWE Universal Title picture
3. Ronda Rousey will be in the women’s Wrestlemania main event
4. Velveteen Dream and Aliester Black will form 2018’s objectively best tag team
5. Drew McIntyre will join the main roster
6. Undertaker will wrestle one more match (potentially against Cena)
7. Paul Heyman will manage Asuka
8. That dickhead Ciampa will cost Gargano the NXT championship at Takeover Philly
9. Sasha Banks will turn heel by attacking Bayley
10. Jeff Hardy will return as Broken Nero and cost whoever has the upper hand in the Wyatt - Woken Hardy feud

1) Daniel Bryan will return
2) Hogan will return in some capacity
3) Cena will win his 17th title
4) Drew will debut on Smackdown
5) at least another Scottish wrestler will join NXT
6) Roman Reign turns heel, to loud cheers

1 - 205 Live will be quietly taken round the back and shot

2 - The Cruiserweight Title will be quietly taken round the back and shot 

3 -  Mahal as a title contender character will be quietly taken round the back and shot

4 - Triple H will have a main title reign

5 - The Miz will have a main title reign

6 - Braun Strowman will have a main title reign.

7 - Chris Jericho will wrestle for WWE, New Japan and ROH this year

8 - Jericho will participate in an Alpha vs Omega II match

9 - There will be a women’s Elimination Chamber match

10 - Shinsuke Nakamura will win the Royal Rumble

Thought for a second that forameus had taken over the Prediction League.

1. The New Day to finally split.

2. Alundra Blayze to feature in the Women's Royal Rumble.

3. Stephanie McMahon will wrestle either Ronda Rousey or Charlotte Flair.

4. Enzo Amore will lose his VL to Nia Jax.

5. Jeff Hardy to become the top SmackDown babyface upon his return.

6. The Miz to become the cumulative longest reigning IC Champ. 

7. The Undertaker to retire for definite after this WrestleMania.

8. Sami Zayn to leave WWE.

9. Carmella to fail her cash in.

10. Braun Strowman to win the Universal Championship at SummerSlam.

1. Carmella to cash in successfully 

2. Asuka to win the Raw Women's Championship

3. Asuka to lose a match

4. The Miz to win back the IC title more than once

5. Jason Jordan to turn heel

6. Rusev and English to turn face

7. Roman Reigns to win the Universal Championship at 'Mania :unsure2:

8. Finn Balor to get his rematch

9. Sanity to debut on the main roster

10. Brock Lesnar to not defend between the Royal Rumble and Mania 

1. Daniel Bryan will call WWE's hand and actually wrestle for THEM in 2018.
2. The Miz will win a major title.
3. WWE will start tapings of their UK brand in the second half of the year, and also call lots more wrestlers into it.
4. 5 Star Wrestling will surprise people and actually run a few shows before finally fucking it all up.
5. Velveteen Dream will move onto the main roster and WWE will f**k the whole thing up monumentally.

1.       Daniel Bryan will wrestle again. For ROH.

2.       Undertaker will officially retire.

3.       The Rock will wrestle a match.

4.       Grado will return to ICW.

5.       Joe Hendry will win the ICW Title.

6.       Impact will be rebranded at least twice.

7.       The Ascension, Mickie James, Curt Hawkins, Curtis Axel, Rhyno, Heather Slater, Mike Kanellis, Kassius Ohno, Wesley Blake and No Way Hose will all be released.

8.       205 Live will be cancelled.

9.       John Cena will break Ric Flair’s record by winning at least 2 World Titles.

10.   Jason Jordan will plumb new depths in cringey nonsense in an attempt to get over.

11.   The Revival will win the tag titles on whatever show they end up on after the reshuffle.

12.   Kane will go corporate for the 103428593204830403248935th time then put the mask back on for the 2394932184923334824130125th time.

13.   Big Show will officially retire.

14.   Strowman to finally win a World Title.

15.   WWE to f**k Strowman up by killing his heat and aura by making him be a shite face.

16.   Dolph Ziggler to quit WWE.

17.   Dolph Ziggler to immediately be immense in ROH and in Japan.

18.   WWE crowds will continue to chant CM Punk.

19.   CM Punk will not wrestle.

20.   Ric Flair will die.

21.   WWE will finally understand what ‘Anniversary’ means

22.   The Network will introduce a new payment tier system

23. WWE will ruin Woken Matt

1) I'm 99% certain Reigns will win the title at WM off of Lesnar

2) I think Cena's gonna head off for the movie and TV scene after fighting Undertaker at WM and not come back for a while

3)Dean Ambrose heel run on return from Injury, probably attacking Seth

4)The Bella's will return as a tag team

5)Jeff Hardy heads to smackdown when he's back and has a big 5 PPV fued with AJ for the title, pure money there

6)With Lesnar away you have: Elias, Miz, Balor, Strauman, Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt as potential title challengers, I hope they use them Instead of RR holding the title all year

7)New Day will split up, Woods will hit 205 and Kofi will challenge for the US title and Big E will go to Raw.

1) WWE will continue to f**k up the graduates of NXT including Velveteen Dream, Ember Moon and Sanity. 

2) Alesteir Black will join Elias on the very exclusive list of NXT grads from the last 2 years who actually benefitted and ended up in a stronger position from the call up. Elias will gravitate towards the Universal championship at some point but won't win it.... Yet. 

3) Strowman, Miz, Owens will all win a big title. 

4) Balor Club and AJ styles will come face to face this year. This will lead to either an alliance or a feud depending on which way Balor Club will fall as AJ is pretty much a lock to stay face. 

5) Sheamus and Cesaro will split to let Sheamus heal or retire. Cesaro still won't be pushed. 

6) Zayn and Owens will pretty much get over as faces for being heels that folk love. It's clearly happening just now and is similar to Jericho and his list. 

7) Rousey will be womens champion. WWE will book themselves into a Lesnar situation where the champ is too legit to lose the belt for a very long time. Asuka will be kept on a separate show from her until the point where there's a draft and Asuka will take the belt. 

8. Ambrose will return and blame Reigns and Rollins for not having his back when he got injured, will turn heel and feud with Reigns. He will be an excellent dirty, slimy b*****d of a heel who people love to hate but not against Reigns who folk will continue to hate even more. 

9) On the subject of Reigns, they'll finally click at the end of 2018 that this face of the company thing is never, ever going to work and also turn Roman. 

10) Scurll and Rhodes will be signed by WWE. 

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

So a guy who's constantly improving can't make main events despite being able to improve further.

Okay.

:lol:

Didn't say he couldn't, I just said I couldn't personally see it.  I couldn't see Jason Jordan joining the Shield and winning the tag titles either, or Jinder dominating the division, but here we are.

EDIT: And to be fair, all the outlandish things put forward in this thread, and it's that one you take issue with?  

• 9 months later...
On 11/01/2018 at 00:39, JamieStevenson said:

Thought for a second that forameus had taken over the Prediction League.

1. The New Day to finally split.

2. Alundra Blayze to feature in the Women's Royal Rumble.

3. Stephanie McMahon will wrestle either Ronda Rousey or Charlotte Flair.

4. Enzo Amore will lose his VL to Nia Jax.

5. Jeff Hardy to become the top SmackDown babyface upon his return.

6. The Miz to become the cumulative longest reigning IC Champ. 

7. The Undertaker to retire for definite after this WrestleMania.

8. Sami Zayn to leave WWE.

9. Carmella to fail her cash in.

10. Braun Strowman to win the Universal Championship at SummerSlam.

This has gone well.

On 11/01/2018 at 09:18, Principal Flutie said:

1. Daniel Bryan will call WWE's hand and actually wrestle for THEM in 2018.
2. The Miz will win a major title.
3. WWE will start tapings of their UK brand in the second half of the year, and also call lots more wrestlers into it.
4. 5 Star Wrestling will surprise people and actually run a few shows before finally fucking it all up.
5. Velveteen Dream will move onto the main roster and WWE will f**k the whole thing up monumentally.

This hasn't gone TOO badly. #2 is beyond help I think, as is #5.

I'd completely forgotten about this.  Given f**k all will happen before the end of the year (certainly by my list), here goes...

On 1/10/2018 at 15:08, forameus said:

Kind of inspired by a post in the main thread about the worst in 2017, what are everyone's predictions - obvious or more off-the-wall - for 2018 either in WWE or the wider wrestling world?

Maybe limit them to 10 then the person at the end of the year with the most right wins the use of Grado for a night or something.

1) Someone huge to the company will pass away.  I was going to start out strong and say Vince, but I don't think it's entirely possible for him to die.  I'll open it up to being a prominent hall-of-famer or Vince himself.
2) Cena will break the record at some point during the year
3) Lesnar will leave WWE
4) Hulk Hogan will return to TV in a cringey segment with a person of colour, possibly New Day
5) Jericho will participate in the Royal Rumble
6) Daniel Bryan will wrestle again in "a" ring
7) (up the ante) Daniel Bryan will wrestle again in a WWE ring
8) A women's match will be considered one of the main events at WrestleMania (as in, talked about by the commentators as a co-main event, followed by a breather match etc, but not necessarily last on)
9) Bray Wyatt will wrestle at least one match this year in drag as Sister Abigail
10) Marty Scurrl will be signed to a WWE contract before the year is out, and - f**k it - so will Will Ospreay

I expect very few of these will come to pass.

First half...ooft.  Naecnt deid, or at least no-one of the impact I was referring to.  Cena has decided that wrestling is shite, and I could see him not ever breaking it now.  Lesnar hasn't left (lol).

Hulk Hogan though...do I get given that?  He returned in a cringey segment with a lot of Saudis.  They probably would've done the New Day bit had they not come out against him.

Nae Jericho

Got 6 and 7 though, although I couldn't have imagined how much of an absolute jobber they've made him.

Got 8 I'd say, Rousey was in a match really talked up.  Could well be THE main event next year, that'll be my 2019 call.

Does 9 count?  He was going to before he got the fucking mumps

Nothing on 10.  Ospreay seems determined to die before ever signing with WWE.

Archived