Brechin v Livi

Disjointed certainly but some of the players showed some bite and gave us a game. Organisation and communication seemed to  be almost totally lacking though and the responsibility for that surely must sit with the management.
I suppose its particularly challenging for a part time team; I mean you cant exactly call everyone in for a triple session of training etc . as people will have other commitments. I was also mystified when you got a free kick on the edge of the area and I thought it was odds on that the set-piece maestro, Sinclair, would take it but it was some other guy; who seemed to hoof it aimlessly against our central defenders who are possibly six inches taller than most of your team.
Was worried when Layne came on for a moment as he'd given us a few problems in our earlier visit but after the first ten minutes faded into obscurity.

I appreciate your comments and your being very respectful. But after a slow start to season we started to compete in games ok we ve always lost in 90% of them but we set a wee standard which most City fans accepted but this last 4 or 5 games those levels have started to dip maybe the 3 games in 7 days at Xmas has caught up ? It was starting to look like all we needed was a goalscorer and a bigger midfielder to start picking up points. Our defence are nt that bad but it's inevitable we ll lose goals or concede pens as we play so deep .
Isaacs been poor lately .
Today we offered nothing from midfield to forwards . Moan over easier game nxt week

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate your comments and your being very respectful. But after a slow start to season we started to compete in games ok we ve always lost in 90% of them but we set a wee standard which most City fans accepted but this last 4 or 5 games those levels have started to dip maybe the 3 games in 7 days at Xmas has caught up ? It was starting to look like all we needed was a goalscorer and a bigger midfielder to start picking up points. Our defence are nt that bad but it's inevitable we ll lose goals or concede pens as we play so deep .
Isaacs been poor lately .
Today we offered nothing from midfield to forwards . Moan over easier game nxt week

We offered nothing from back to front.

The goals from yesterday’s game. 

https://t.co/WyQsL56dB1

From that angle the penalty also looks like a stonewaller to me, will the Brechin highlights have a different angle ? Brechin fans seemed fairly unhappy with the decision as did the players but watching it live and now watching it again it looks an easy decision. 

30 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

The goals from yesterday’s game. 

https://t.co/WyQsL56dB1

From that angle the penalty also looks like a stonewaller to me, will the Brechin highlights have a different angle ? Brechin fans seemed fairly unhappy with the decision as did the players but watching it live and now watching it again it looks an easy decision. 

I would like to see the one that wasn't given for us which looked as much a penalty as the Livvy one.   

Other than that it was an awful display from us and  embarrassing that it took until the 80th minute for our first real shot at goal and  their keeper to make a save. 

I take it Sparky's mum chose the MOM ? :lol:

What's happening with Ryan Mcgeever? Has he been injured all season?

Yes he was suspended first few games then broke his arm in league cup at Buckie .Eventually got back and fit again then played maybe 6 games ??????? And got injured again I think his seasons over . He was starting to form a decent enough partnership with Crighton

I would like to see the one that wasn't given for us which looked as much a penalty as the Livvy one.   
Other than that it was an awful display from us and  embarrassing that it took until the 80th minute for our first real shot at goal and  their keeper to make a save. 
I take it Sparky's mum chose the MOM ? :lol:

Can’t believe anyone was up for mom. Poor 2day.i would have thought players would have been bursting a gut to make sure they are in the team for next week

2 minutes ago, slangs said:

Can’t believe anyone was up for mom. Poor 2day.i would have thought players would have been bursting a gut to make sure they are in the team for next week

Saw the picture of Sparky receiving his award........He actually looks chuffed !!!  :o

Saw the picture of Sparky receiving his award........He actually looks chuffed !!!  [emoji33]

Finn Graham was City's MOM by a mile but even he was poor. Lynas was nt too bad apart from his mistake but every player s done that ... It was actually at a stage in game we were starting to get outta our own half

Finn Graham was City's MOM by a mile but even he was poor. Lynas was nt too bad apart from his mistake but every player s done that ... It was actually at a stage in game we were starting to get outta our own half

Got to agree with all of that.dont know who picks mom but quite a few times they leave me scratching my head

43 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Fucking hell even the Brechin fans are at it.

Because it fucking was.  That was fucking atrocious yesterday.  No fight , no organisation and the passing was just bloody awful.

The second goal was a joke , the first a dubious penalty which doesn't say much more about Livi as for all the closing down they did  and possession they had , they hardly mustered anything else of note. 

19 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Because it fucking was.  That was fucking atrocious yesterday.  No fight , no organisation and the passing was just bloody awful.

The second goal was a joke , the first a dubious penalty which doesn't say much more about Livi as for all the closing down they did  and possession they had , they hardly mustered anything else of note. 

Again you say dubious penalty, there looks nothing dubious about it. 

We didn’t muster anything but we hardly got out of 2nd gear, didn’t really need too and still won fairly comfortably, I’d say our performance yesterday was clinical and proffesional, it didnt have to be anything else. 

As ive said already I was expecting a much tougher game yesterday especially going by the previous two games in which Brechin caused us all sorts of problems but maybe the heavy pitches and amount of games are starting to take its toll ? 

8 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Again you say dubious penalty, there looks nothing dubious about it. 

We didn’t muster anything but we hardly got out of 2nd gear, didn’t really need too and still won fairly comfortably, I’d say our performance yesterday was clinical and proffesional, it didnt have to be anything else. 

As ive said already I was expecting a much tougher game yesterday especially going by the previous two games in which Brechin caused us all sorts of problems but maybe the heavy pitches and amount of games are starting to take its toll ? 

Nah we were just shite . 

If that was a penalty then the one we didn't get should have been given. 

Brechin fans around me were moaning about the penalty to each other. Surely though you can't argue any more it's clear as day in the highlights. Should maybe worry less about blaming the refs and think about telling your players to be more careful. Start there and then maybe you can think about getting 5 points.

6 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Brechin fans around me were moaning about the penalty to each other. Surely though you can't argue any more it's clear as day in the highlights. Should maybe worry less about blaming the refs and think about telling your players to be more careful. Start there and then maybe you can think about getting 5 points.

I will reserve judgement until we see the highlights from the other side .   Pity your guy didn't manage to get the Jackson one to compare. 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

I will reserve judgement until we see the highlights from the other side .   Pity your guy didn't manage to get the Jackson one to compare. 

Whether Brechin should've had a penalty has feckall to do with whether ours was def a penalty though.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Whether Brechin should've had a penalty has feckall to do with whether ours was def a penalty though.

That is debatable. If the ref sees fit to give one then another  similarly "definite" should surely be given ?   Purely for consistency ? 

Archived