Peterhead Vs Stirling Albion

On form this should be an easy win for us but I am sure Stirling are better than their recent results indicate, and as with all winning streaks the longer they last the more likely they are to end!

stirling.png

Don’t think many of us are looking forward to this game, not the way that Peterhead have been playing recently.

We’ve been poor, really poor, however against Berwick, for a large part of the game, the players were right up for it and were fighting for everything. If that team turns up then we’ll make a game of it, and who knows.

You always have a glimmer of hope against Peterhead, simply because historically they do have their inconsistencies, but I fully expect them (you) to win.

Last Tuesday Dave Mackay promised changes both in and out, there has still been no word of either, so who knows, we may have some new faces in before kick off.

I agree with the comments made by BB_Bino, I go in hope more than anything on Saturday that we can something from this match, a point would be great but expect us to lose this one.

We haven't been playing well and we have only managed to get a home victory last Saturday after weeks of struggling to score and losing by the odd goal. 

Just hope Peterhead have an off day and we manage to sneak a scrappy 1-0 victory to break everybody`s coupon but don't expect it will happen. 

Don`t know if Callumn Morrison will be fit for this game as his loan expires on the 13th Jan, no word yet if his loan deal is being extended till the end of the season but expect he will be away to another club in a higher division. Good luck to Callumn if that is the case. 

Prediction Peterhead 2 Albion 1           Hope I`m wrong ! 

Guest TOPFITTER

Now the Stenny Monkey is off their back I would expect Peterhead FC to kick on confidently with a title challenge and they are more than capable if they keep expectations in check and their feet on the ground (in a footballing sense)!!!

Stirling looked imperious early season but a change in form and loss of a League Leader's confidence has debilitated them recently so The Blue Toon should take the opportunity to win well and perhaps finish Albion's slim chance of the Title.

However, as always, there is always the next banana skin to negotiate, there may be none in sight but The Boys From Balmoor seem to conjure them up as easily kicking a baa oot the stadium !!! So is it an inspiring win or a dispiriting slip-up, get to Balmoor and cheer them on, nothings ever certain apart from the WIND :)

What has happened to Stirling? The only team at this level ( ICT in the cup the only other team) to really take us apart in the first game at Balmoor. Ok, we won at Stirling but only by a single goal.

Why are Stirling so different from that first game?

What has happened to Stirling? The only team at this level ( ICT in the cup the only other team) to really take us apart in the first game at Balmoor. Ok, we won at Stirling but only by a single goal.
Why are Stirling so different from that first game?

The first time we played the teams in this league they didn't know how to cope with us. The second time round teams started doubling up on Morrison and wouldn't let us play our game. The goals also dried up.

Hopefully after last weeks win we start hitting form again.

23 hours ago, rhliston said:

I agree with the comments made by BB_Bino, I go in hope more than anything on Saturday that we can something from this match, a point would be great but expect us to lose this one.

We haven't been playing well and we have only managed to get a home victory last Saturday after weeks of struggling to score and losing by the odd goal. 

Just hope Peterhead have an off day and we manage to sneak a scrappy 1-0 victory to break everybody`s coupon but don't expect it will happen. 

Don`t know if Callumn Morrison will be fit for this game as his loan expires on the 13th Jan, no word yet if his loan deal is being extended till the end of the season but expect he will be away to another club in a higher division. Good luck to Callumn if that is the case. 

Prediction Peterhead 2 Albion 1           Hope I`m wrong ! 

Callumn Morrison has returned to Hearts from Stirling Albion, however injury will prevent him from linking up with the first-team in Spain.

^^^From the Hearts site. Does also say that some of their recalled loanees may go back out on loan later this month.

^^^From the Hearts site. Does also say that some of their recalled loanees may go back out on loan later this month.

Can't see Morrison coming back, he's proven himself to be to good at this level. Best of luck to him, sure he'll have a bright future in the game.

Up to Mackay now to properly replace him.

Now that Jim has won the manager of the month award I am worried about this game as there is usually a fall awaiting the team of the winning manager. The fantastic run we are on just now has to end sometime but hopefully not yet. A win of any kind would be most welcome to keep the pressure on Montrose.

Guest TOPFITTER
This could well be the week-end when the Blue Toon go TOP and STAY TOP, I fancy Edinburgh City to take something from their visitors Montrose and the Boys Fae Balmoor are well capable of keeping their impressive run going against Stirling Albion!

However nothing ever seems to run smoothly for Jim's boys so I will expect the unexpected, in fact the "UNEXPECTED" has become the norm whenever I visit Balmoor and I'm sure my 2 grandsons will enjoy the game unfold. Looking forward to meeting all the friends I have made up there, having a crack and suffering the wind-chill and probably frost bite !!!

Fancy it will be quite a tussle but expect Peterhead FC to get at least 1 more than the visitors if the defence show their recent form and it could be more given the abundance of scorers within the team.

Forecast Peterhead FC  4-1  Stirling Albion

8700 miles after tomorrow
:roll:

1 hour ago, TOPFITTER said:
This could well be the week-end when the Blue Toon go TOP and STAY TOP, I fancy Edinburgh City to take something from their visitors Montrose and the Boys Fae Balmoor are well capable of keeping their impressive run going against Stirling Albion!

However nothing ever seems to run smoothly for Jim's boys so I will expect the unexpected, in fact the "UNEXPECTED" has become the norm whenever I visit Balmoor and I'm sure my 2 grandsons will enjoy the game unfold. Looking forward to meeting all the friends I have made up there, having a crack and suffering the wind-chill and probably frost bite !!!

Fancy it will be quite a tussle but expect Peterhead FC to get at least 1 more than the visitors if the defence show their recent form and it could be more given the abundance of scorers within the team.

Forecast Peterhead FC  4-1  Stirling Albion

8700 miles after tomorrow
:roll:

Do you have a connection with the Blue Toon or are you just one of those crazy guys who follow a random team miles from home?

On 10/01/2018 at 15:58, David W said:

Morrison odds on to join Raith on loan before the window shuts. 

The first time we played the teams in this league they didn't know how to cope with us. The second time round teams started doubling up on Morrison and wouldn't let us play our game. The goals also dried up.

Hopefully after last weeks win we start hitting form again.
I don't agree with this Jake, we lost players through injurys and the team had to be re shuffled for weeks as a result and we lost our shape and flow, this then led to players losing their confidence and prob not quite match fit when they returned.

Morrison was fantastic on song but if you can't handle players 'doubling up on you' in league 2 then frankly you aren't that great, Morrison like a lot of players lost their mojo during the spell I alluded to in the paragraph above imo.

A decent game despite the gale force wind which proved to be difficult for both teams to take advantage of.  Another 4 goals to add to our impressive tally making it 24 in the last 5 games. One of the fastest goals ever at Balmoor direct from a great Gibson corner set the scene for all out attack by Peterhead but Albion quickly eaqualised before Rory scored his regular goal from the spot. Stirling Albion were probably happy to be level at half time playing against the wind in the first half and Jim must have been furious with the second Albion goal resulting from a defensive mistake.  It looked for a while like we might have to settle for a draw but an inspired substitution led to a great double from Russell McLean and 3 points in the bag. The third Albion goal in stoppage time looked well offside but luckily it made no difference to the outcome.

Spoiler

Certainly not for the faint hearted. Flying start with Rory nearly scoring from the kick-off & then Willie Gibson scoring direct from the resulting corner. Albion were all over the place for a while & we got a bit slack & they got back level. Got in front again when Rory earned & despatched a pen & again Albion plugged away & were level again by half time.. Jim earned his manager of the month award with a sub that most did not think was the way forward at the time but up stepped Russell McLean to win the game for us. Must admit was impressed that Albion kept pressing right to the end but a good win for us on a difficult day.

Archived