Player Available for Transfer

Stephenafc

42 minutes ago, ChrisMackie09 said:

Yes I understand but I left him with good players... as I said earlier when I first got the job the club had won one in 10 games.  As a manager it' up to you to take responsibility and get the best out of the players.  Saturday I saw players with no confidence, disorganised, unfit, and no idea's.  The new manager has had 3 months to stamp himself on the team it' his team now.  

Regards the committee you are correct there are some smashing hard working people there but as a committe member your a custodian of the club and its your job as a group to maintain the financial side of it so the manager can operate properly ... That's not the case and unless you know the facts which you clearly don' t refrain from commenting.

This will be my last post. 

Chris, I've no hard feelings or ill will towards you, but i cannot accept you slating guys who do all they can when none of them have said a word against you.i can accept it's far from perfect and you had you're fair share of problems but to lay all the blame on them isn't right.  We can go round in circles all night but in my eyes you are partly to blame for the current situation. You did say earlier you wanted someone to comment and put their name to it, i have and just to clarify i am not on the committee

Good  to get an insight into what can happen behind the scene of a club that shows theres  a lot more to it than picking 11 players on a saturday.Well done Chris for having the balls to defend yourself,you certainly made your point.It proves how spoiled we are at Talbot with the committe we have,although im sure the Arthurlie guys work just as hard and will bring the team back to challenge again.Get the boots back on Chris,a few years left in the tank  yet and you'll begin to remember why we love the game.

Yes I understand but I left him with good players... as I said earlier when I first got the job the club had won one in 10 games.  As a manager it' up to you to take responsibility and get the best out of the players.  Saturday I saw players with no confidence, disorganised, unfit, and no idea's.  The new manager has had 3 months to stamp himself on the team it' his team now.  

Regards the committee you are correct there are some smashing hard working people there but as a committe member your a custodian of the club and its your job as a group to maintain the financial side of it so the manager can operate properly ... That's not the case and unless you know the facts which you clearly don' t refrain from commenting.

This will be my last post. 

"Custodian of the Club" is an accurate discription for those that hold the financial purse strings for ANY club.
Well said Chris! While i agree with you that this is not the appropriate forum I admire your honesty and integrity in dealing with this difficult situation while others remain silent.

Something Chris said is very relevant to all clubs at this time of year about clubs trying to pay wages without income - we have a national cup competition that has the potential to double up with poor weather to wipe out a club's fixtures for more than a month at a time. We then effectively have a winter shutdown from mid December to the first weekend of January with no games.

Girvan haven't played since 2/12, Burgh, Newmains and Meadow since 18/11, Dalry since 4/11... this is in club hands.  In LL, most distant game for anyone was 23/12.

Too true, to be given 8 weeks to play a cup tie so that home advantage is retained is a complete nonsense. Seven weeks with no gate money and a £270 guarantee in week 8 which wont cover 50% of bus costs. 

For me 3 weeks maximum and then tie goes to neutral venue. Just your luck if all games are off.  Just as just your luck to be drawn at home.

4 hours ago, the rambler said:

Too true, to be given 8 weeks to play a cup tie so that home advantage is retained is a complete nonsense. Seven weeks with no gate money and a £270 guarantee in week 8 which wont cover 50% of bus costs. 

For me 3 weeks maximum and then tie goes to neutral venue. Just your luck if all games are off.  Just as just your luck to be drawn at home.

Simply dont play the Scottish in December and January just get league games on.

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:06, john-m- said:

Chris, the only point i will make is where you say you will not sit back and take the blame for there downfall. you signed the players, most of which are not good enough that's not the clubs or committees fault the only person to blame for that is you.  I think you realized that and that's why you walked. I have no problem with you and have not posted anything before now but you are having a pop at guys i consider Friends because some people on a forum(not all lie fans)are saying things ypu don't like.

Actually John you did say "most of which are not good enough" not "They're not up for it".

I feel for everyone at Arthurlie and Chris Mackie. Big Chris was a cracking player and dedicated to training and fitness, I've no doubt he tried his hardest.

NO MANAGER wants to be a failure.

I also feel for all at Arthurlie, we've been there and it's tough to see a proud old team struggle as they do have good players (Walker, MacAleenan, Daly, Spence).

However it looked on Saturday last as if it was a team full of watercarriers with a few good players (Spence, MacAleenan & Daly) in it to provide the magic/spark.

Spence looks a shadow of the player he was at Talbot, the legs have gone but the brain is still there.

I can only agree with some folk on here - it's madness IMO to play the Scottish in the winter ESPECIALLY as the SJFA won't allow you to play a league game even if you're cup tie has been called off 4 or 5 times. IMO this strengthens the case for a proper winter break.

Get rid of the smaller cups for the bigger teams, play from August to November then February to June.

I actually feel for Chris Mackie.... quite clearly he had little money to work with to bring players in and done his best with the money available. Sadly there’s only so much you can do on a budget and in saying that, he was the one having to make sacrifices by selling  his better players to fund other things. As for using his own money, no manager should ever have to do that, that’s an absolute farce if you’d ever seen one. Anyway that’s my two bobs worth. All the best Chris 

I actually feel for Chris Mackie.... quite clearly he had little money to work with to bring players in and done his best with the money available. Sadly there’s only so much you can do on a budget and in saying that, he was the one having to make sacrifices by selling  his better players to fund other things. As for using his own money, no manager should ever have to do that, that’s an absolute farce if you’d ever seen one. Anyway that’s my two bobs worth. All the best Chris 
Have read it all and yes big Mackie is putting a good case on here but said it at the time and still insist that it was a disaster waiting to happen appointing him , big man has never been in it for the long haul anywhere in the juniors and I dont ever see it changing even in management , it's just my opinion which I feel I'm entitled to without upsetting anyone.

1 hour ago, theshed said:
1 hour ago, LokFan said:

Have read it all and yes big Mackie is putting a good case on here but said it at the time and still insist that it was a disaster waiting to happen appointing him , big man has never been in it for the long haul anywhere in the juniors and I dont ever see it changing even in management , it's just my opinion which I feel I'm entitled to without upsetting anyone.

Of course bud, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

I have a lot of time for Chris, always have always will.... posting this on here IMO was a bad idea on many levels. Is it true? Does that matter, its behind the scenes things that shouldn't be on a public forum, if everything he has said is false it doesn't matter as mud sticks, if its all true well many will have made their minds up earlier.

Two points I would like to comment on though are firstly to claim to be the hardest working Arthurlie manager ever is a slant on every previous manager, I am not for one second questioning the time, effort and yes cash Chris did put into the job but he is far from the first one to do so and he most certainly wont be the last, I know what some previous guys put in and it shocked me and I am sure its the case at many other clubs.

Secondly, Chris you stated that when you took over the side hadn't won in ten games then you won your first three which is correct.  In those ten games you were either a coach a player or assistant manager, the latter being the case for the majority of the games. As an assistant to Steve Kerrigan you must take part of the blame for those results unless you don't think your views were being taken on board which does happen and if that's the case I must then ask what was your input or point of being there if you didn't have a say in selection, tactics etc?

I hope your back involved soon, one problem Arthurlie had in your spell there was the lack of a big front man who could score goals, that was you, great goals to games ratio and IMO you should have still being playing when with us and should still be doing so now, all the best what ever you get up to.

21 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

I have a lot of time for Chris, always have always will.... posting this on here IMO was a bad idea on many levels. Is it true? Does that matter, its behind the scenes things that shouldn't be on a public forum, if everything he has said is false it doesn't matter as mud sticks, if its all true well many will have made their minds up earlier.

...and if everything said on here about Mackie is not true , it doesn't matter ..as mud sticks.

Knew the minute Chris got the job it was a mistake. Not sure about the teams form when he took over but we were looking comfortable in the league before his appointment although didn't manage a win out of 3 tough cup ties v kilwinning. Nugent nil makes a good point that the 3 wins after kegs left were suddenly Chris's team so why totally rip it apart!! We look as bad as i have ever seen us and really fear the worst. 

Archived