Player Available for Transfer

Stephenafc

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

Mackie has left some mess to clean up for Arthurlie - absolute lunacy giving him the job in the first place.

100% correct.  Arthurlie as a club are now suffering for Mackies limited ability as a manager.  He got rid of some decent players and brought in some real duds.  At the moment they are the proverbial one man team and now he is on the transfer list. Whoever signs this wee man is getting a fantastic player .  Sad to see him go but can understand why he wants to leave.  

Mackie has left some mess to clean up for Arthurlie - absolute lunacy giving him the job in the first place.
In fairness and I predicted it at the time it was only ever going to end one way , the big guy was never in it for the long haul anywhere as a player and couldn't see it changing much as a manager .

Signing that coo Lindsay as his assistant was the start of the shit hitting the fan in my humble opinion . Fucked things wherever he’s went . So glad he didn’t get our gig last season when Swift left even if the guy that got it didn’t stay long . We wouldn’t be where we are now if Bradley had stayed in my humble opinion

32 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Signing that coo Lindsay as his assistant was the start of the shit hitting the fan in my humble opinion . Fucked things wherever he’s went . So glad he didn’t get our gig last season when Swift left even if the guy that got it didn’t stay long . We wouldn’t be where we are now if Bradley had stayed in my humble opinion

Mackie needed guidance in his first job and totally chose the wrong guy, in Lindsay, to give him that guidance.   Im going down to work in Wales for a few months and wont get to any games but im going to predict Arthurlie wont be in the top division when i finally get to see them again.  Sad to see my club in decline but in truth its been on the cards for a few seasons now and Mackies appointment and his disastrous signings have just been the final nail in the coffin.

14 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Mackie needed guidance in his first job and totally chose the wrong guy, in Lindsay, to give him that guidance.   Im going down to work in Wales for a few months and wont get to any games but im going to predict Arthurlie wont be in the top division when i finally get to see them again.  Sad to see my club in decline but in truth its been on the cards for a few seasons now and Mackies appointment and his disastrous signings have just been the final nail in the coffin.

Unfortunately I totally agree. Only surprise is that we aren't actually bottom at the moment.

3 hours ago, Satori. said:

100% correct.  Arthurlie as a club are now suffering for Mackies limited ability as a manager.  He got rid of some decent players and brought in some real duds.  At the moment they are the proverbial one man team and now he is on the transfer list. Whoever signs this wee man is getting a fantastic player .  Sad to see him go but can understand why he wants to leave.  

The first time I saw him, versus Beith in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup I could not believe the way he behaved and conducted himself.  He is not someone who I would have a lot of respect for if he was my manager and behaved like he did that day.   I don't think it was an isolated incident either. 

For him to then get the Arthurlie job with minimal coaching/managerial/experience is unbelievable and the committee, who are all hard working guys, have made a big error and one which will take time to recover from.  I do not know any Arthurlie fan who wanted him as manager either. 

Fortunately they have taken on someone with a good track record but he has been dealt a poor hand and saving Arthurlie this season may prove too difficult.  Hopefully he has good contacts and I think the only hope I see is selling McKenzie and getting some decent money in which Ogilvie uses wisely.   McKenzie was the only player they had who looked like a footballer. 

I have only seen Arthurlie a few times this season and they struggled to beat Lesmahagow over 2 games and the scoreline if the Coupar Angus cup the flattered them - Neilston took 6 off Lesmahagow the next week .  

This is probably the poorest Arthurlie team sine the early 80's and is sad to see.

I don't usually come on and post as I feel it' inappropriate due to my close involvement within the game however I feel it' time due to some of the comments above from some I'll informed people and to be quite honest fans and junior football followers who deserve to know some of the ongoings at Arthurlie football club.  

I admittedly made some mistakes from my time in charge but however for months now I have say back and allowed my name to be disgraced with no statement from the club who sit back and allow me to take responsibility for there downfall.

Let' start with last season from Christmas onwards when I was first given the job in an interim basis.  The team had won one game in 10 matches, we won 3 in a row in my interim period and then didn' play a match for apprximately 8 weeks which struck the club financially to the point where no longer could we afford the team which was curretly deployed.  So I in turn accepted this and done everything in my power to make sure we could make it to the end of the season with a team on the park i.e.  convincing Ian nimmo our best player and captain to stay away so we didn' have to pay his wages, selling Martin Curran alone with Anton Nugent to neilston all along side releasing John gemmel because this was the only way we could get to the end of the season.  May I add this left me having to buy a left back from my own pocket as scoot gair suffered a horrendous injury and I needed someone in which we had no money to do.  This left the squad so bare I even had to play myself and centre half against Rob Roy.  Anyway after paying for buses for away matches out my own pocket and taking no wages myself from the club and paying for training facilities on Saturdays whilst no games where on we made it to the end of the season and managed to avoid this leaking to the media.

The new season dawns and everyne committee and management team decide it' time for a new squad and that I should move current players on who had been there for a number of years.  We do this.  I have a new squad however big problem no kit for the up incoming season and no training kit.  So I personaly lock myself in talks with a shirt supplier and convince him to provide us kit for exchange putting his name on the front of my shirt.  For six weeks of pre season provide food and water for the players again out of my own pocket.  I could go on and on sadly I don' have the time however I will end of the state of affairs which ultimately made me resign from my position.  I suffer really bad injuries to a number of key players i.e. Daly Lennon Spence.. .. I am then left with 13 players. The physio decides to hand her notice in and leave meaning no treatment for 6 weeks to any of my players.  The previous physio was on 35 pounds per week and the new physio wants an extra 15 to male there wages 50.  I am told the only way I can do this is to release a player from the squad who is on 20 and bring the new physio in.  Sadly this is impossible as I only have 13 players ... so I decide no we will just run without a physio.  So the final Saturday arrives, games off.  Weather is horrendous, the players haven' had a day off in 17 weeks aprrox 6 of which is pre season and the haven' been paid for.  I ask the club look you aren' pre pared to pay for training facilities why don' we give the players the day off! I was told no if they want it off we ain't paying there wages.  This in my opinion isn't good enough and I had a slit between committe and players.  I sided with my players and after taken everything in to consideration that I was doing behind the scenes and not only not getting money for it but financing lots of it I decided enough was enough. 

Now this is an open forum, if anyone from arthurlie wants to dispute any of this information please do so and attach your name to it please.  I have also taken some stick for attending Saturdays match against pollock from committee members.  A former manager isn' welcome at the matches now.  

So junior family please stop allowing good hard working individuals to take the blame for the failings of people trying to run a football club.  I will put it out there to people who question my commitment to arthurlie that I was probably the most committee and hard working manager that the club has eve had.  I pretty much done the job full time and for no wages.  Again if any member of the club want to dispute this feel free it' an open forum as previously stated. 

Regards 

Chris Mackie 

1 hour ago, ChrisMackie09 said:

I don't usually come on and post as I feel it' inappropriate due to my close involvement within the game however I feel it' time due to some of the comments above from some I'll informed people and to be quite honest fans and junior football followers who deserve to know some of the ongoings at Arthurlie football club.  

I admittedly made some mistakes from my time in charge but however for months now I have say back and allowed my name to be disgraced with no statement from the club who sit back and allow me to take responsibility for there downfall.

Let' start with last season from Christmas onwards when I was first given the job in an interim basis.  The team had won one game in 10 matches, we won 3 in a row in my interim period and then didn' play a match for apprximately 8 weeks which struck the club financially to the point where no longer could we afford the team which was curretly deployed.  So I in turn accepted this and done everything in my power to make sure we could make it to the end of the season with a team on the park i.e.  convincing Ian nimmo our best player and captain to stay away so we didn' have to pay his wages, selling Martin Curran alone with Anton Nugent to neilston all along side releasing John gemmel because this was the only way we could get to the end of the season.  May I add this left me having to buy a left back from my own pocket as scoot gair suffered a horrendous injury and I needed someone in which we had no money to do.  This left the squad so bare I even had to play myself and centre half against Rob Roy.  Anyway after paying for buses for away matches out my own pocket and taking no wages myself from the club and paying for training facilities on Saturdays whilst no games where on we made it to the end of the season and managed to avoid this leaking to the media.

The new season dawns and everyne committee and management team decide it' time for a new squad and that I should move current players on who had been there for a number of years.  We do this.  I have a new squad however big problem no kit for the up incoming season and no training kit.  So I personaly lock myself in talks with a shirt supplier and convince him to provide us kit for exchange putting his name on the front of my shirt.  For six weeks of pre season provide food and water for the players again out of my own pocket.  I could go on and on sadly I don' have the time however I will end of the state of affairs which ultimately made me resign from my position.  I suffer really bad injuries to a number of key players i.e. Daly Lennon Spence.. .. I am then left with 13 players. The physio decides to hand her notice in and leave meaning no treatment for 6 weeks to any of my players.  The previous physio was on 35 pounds per week and the new physio wants an extra 15 to male there wages 50.  I am told the only way I can do this is to release a player from the squad who is on 20 and bring the new physio in.  Sadly this is impossible as I only have 13 players ... so I decide no we will just run without a physio.  So the final Saturday arrives, games off.  Weather is horrendous, the players haven' had a day off in 17 weeks aprrox 6 of which is pre season and the haven' been paid for.  I ask the club look you aren' pre pared to pay for training facilities why don' we give the players the day off! I was told no if they want it off we ain't paying there wages.  This in my opinion isn't good enough and I had a slit between committe and players.  I sided with my players and after taken everything in to consideration that I was doing behind the scenes and not only not getting money for it but financing lots of it I decided enough was enough. 

Now this is an open forum, if anyone from arthurlie wants to dispute any of this information please do so and attach your name to it please.  I have also taken some stick for attending Saturdays match against pollock from committee members.  A former manager isn' welcome at the matches now.  

So junior family please stop allowing good hard working individuals to take the blame for the failings of people trying to run a football club.  I will put it out there to people who question my commitment to arthurlie that I was probably the most committee and hard working manager that the club has eve had.  I pretty much done the job full time and for no wages.  Again if any member of the club want to dispute this feel free it' an open forum as previously stated. 

Regards 

Chris Mackie 

Chris, the only point i will make is where you say you will not sit back and take the blame for there downfall. you signed the players, most of which are not good enough that's not the clubs or committees fault the only person to blame for that is you.  I think you realized that and that's why you walked. I have no problem with you and have not posted anything before now but you are having a pop at guys i consider Friends because some people on a forum(not all lie fans)are saying things ypu don't like.

1 hour ago, ChrisMackie09 said:

Regards 

Chris Mackie 

You are seriously wrong my friend.  We started the season in the league cup with a strong points total and a very good performance away at newlansfield losing 1-0 in a very even match.  We then started the league campaign with an away draw at girvan a home victory against Rob Roy, a home draw against glenafton a defeat to Guilford and a point away at clydebank.  We also won a difficult cup tie away to Kelly rovers. 

Thats not a bad run of form after this we got horrendous injuries which the squad could cope with.  I had full belief in the squad and as soon as I had Lennon and Daly back I knew we would hold our own in that league.  So for you to say I knew the squad wasn' good enough is nonsense.

Anyone who sits there and says... Daly, McKenzie, Lennon, Spence, macelenan, gair, Chisholm, girvan, hay, and Wilson aren't players good enough to play in that league deosmt know what they are talking about.  I went along on Saturday and there where at least 6-7 players in the team inc bench I never took to the club.  

Let me reiterate I loved my time at the club however there is only so much you can do and I will not take responsibiliy for there current downfall.  The squad and surroundings are a shadow of the club I left.  It' however easy for people who don' know the facts to sit there and blame me cos of the way my playing career panned out !! I have arthurlie football club all my time and effort for no money... it cost me a lot in the end... That's not my job 

11 minutes ago, ChrisMackie09 said:

You are seriously wrong my friend.  We started the season in the league cup with a strong points total and a very good performance away at newlansfield losing 1-0 in a very even match.  We then started the league campaign with an away draw at girvan a home victory against Rob Roy, a home draw against glenafton a defeat to Guilford and a point away at clydebank.  We also won a difficult cup tie away to Kelly rovers. 

Thats not a bad run of form after this we got horrendous injuries which the squad could cope with.  I had full belief in the squad and as soon as I had Lennon and Daly back I knew we would hold our own in that league.  So for you to say I knew the squad wasn' good enough is nonsense.

Anyone who sits there and says... Daly, McKenzie, Lennon, Spence, macelenan, gair, Chisholm, girvan, hay, and Wilson aren't players good enough to play in that league deosmt know what they are talking about.  I went along on Saturday and there where at least 6-7 players in the team inc bench I never took to the club.  

Let me reiterate I loved my time at the club however there is only so much you can do and I will not take responsibiliy for there current downfall.  The squad and surroundings are a shadow of the club I left.  It' however easy for people who don' know the facts to sit there and blame me cos of the way my playing career panned out !! I have arthurlie football club all my time and effort for no money... it cost me a lot in the end... That's not my job 

I never said the players you mentioned weren't  good enough i said most haven't been upto it.Some have been a success I'll give you that,but there has been more failures than successes. Within a month or 2of the start of the season 5or 6players who.started the season had gone. Who's to blame for that? No one from Arthurlie has said a bad word about you but you felt the need to have a pop at guy's who burst there arse to keep the club going because some folk on a forum said the team was shite(most of which aren't even lie fans).Your point about the team on Saturday- i could be wrong but only 3 from that team weren't your players??? So how is it nowhere near the team you Left??

20 minutes ago, john-m- said:

I never said the players you mentioned weren't  good enough i said most haven't been upto it.Some have been a success I'll give you that,but there has been more failures than successes. Within a month or 2of the start of the season 5or 6players who.started the season had gone. Who's to blame for that? No one from Arthurlie has said a bad word about you but you felt the need to have a pop at guy's who burst there arse to keep the club going because some folk on a forum said the team was shite(most of which aren't even lie fans).Your point about the team on Saturday- i could be wrong but only 3 from that team weren't your players??? So how is it nowhere near the team you Left??

Don't mean to stir up trouble, but Arthurlie were very poor on Saturday.

34 minutes ago, john-m- said:

Yes I understand but I left him with good players... as I said earlier when I first got the job the club had won one in 10 games.  As a manager it' up to you to take responsibility and get the best out of the players.  Saturday I saw players with no confidence, disorganised, unfit, and no idea's.  The new manager has had 3 months to stamp himself on the team it' his team now.  

Regards the committee you are correct there are some smashing hard working people there but as a committe member your a custodian of the club and its your job as a group to maintain the financial side of it so the manager can operate properly ... That's not the case and unless you know the facts which you clearly don' t refrain from commenting.

This will be my last post. 

Archived