Popular Things You Know Nothing About

Kejan

Game of Thrones - I've nothing against it or those who watch it. I just haven't seen it.

Cars - I know how to drive, but it stops and starts there. I couldn't tell a peugot from a vauxhall until my eldest took a strong interest in cars and started teaching me.

Social Media 'norms' - I'm far from anti-social media. I use facebook and twitter; I largely use it for news consumption and the vast majority of the accounts I follow on twitter are news/sport and other interests I have. I don't understand the new social norms; wishing spouses a happy anniversary or similar for example, I'm assuming they see each other or communicate in a more private way. I don't understand the need to put that on facebook for all to see.

Uber - I'm not sure it it's real taxi drivers or just punters with an iPhone. If I have a quiet night where I can't sleep can I download the app and start taking hires?

And this, what is this thing the young folk are doing in pictures.....690.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Celebrity culture, my ex always used to watch Keeping up with the Kardashians. Genuinely the worst thing ever. One episode was quite promising as one of the characters had a gun. They just spent an hour arguing about where to store it and by the end of the programme not a single Kardashian had been killed. Fucking shite.

2. Cars. My previous job involved me talking to people about cars all the time but I know f**k all about them. People would tell me how much their insurance costs or how many miles to the gallon it does and I was never sure whether to do an impressed or disappointed face.

3. Soaps. Not the thing you clean yourself with, I approve of that (I'm not from West Bromwich). The TV programmes. Surely telly is supposed to be an escape from reality? This always seems like an even shitter version of my life with less sexy accents. Drivel.

4. Brexit. Seems like lots of people like this shite but I've yet to hear a coherent reason why.

5. Terrorism - what's that all about? Seems like lots of the young folk are into this, but I can't get my head around it. Each to their own and all that, but it's not for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Cricket - had a guy try to explain the acronyms to me like lbw, but even then.
I can’t understand why you would watch a game for 5 days that still doesn’t have a winner.

Can grasp the rules of other sports outside of football. Rugby, ice hockey etc, but cricket, not a clue.

On 1/8/2018 at 20:00, DA Baracus said:

Patriotism - Bag of shite. Taking some sort of pride in being born somewhere, as if you had any sort of say in it, and as if it actually means anything.

This a million times. I used to be quite patriotic, but I suppose that was just some way to look good in front of people, and to take some level of pride in the accomplishments of my compatriots. But it's all bullshit, and I'm glad I've let go of it. The ones I hate the most are the people that love the fact that "their" country is beautiful, like some hill. They'll take great pride in the beauty of Ben Nevis but not the Pennines, simply because they were shat out their maw's c*nt in Dundee and not Darlington. Wankers.

NFL - 4 hours of men throwing a ball and running into each other. Men literally get paid millions of dollars, to stand in a line and stop other men running through. Madness.

Politics - I don't know where to start with this, i have zero interest or clue in the latest goings on from downing street / holyrood.

Facebook - i use twitter and Snapchat but i honestly have no interest in the 'book. Seen too many arguments / splitting ups because of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2018 at 21:16, buchan30 said:

Cricket - had a guy try to explain the acronyms to me like lbw, but even then.
I can’t understand why you would watch a game for 5 days that still doesn’t have a winner.

Can grasp the rules of other sports outside of football. Rugby, ice hockey etc, but cricket, not a clue.

20/20 is no bad 

On 2/19/2018 at 01:17, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

NFL - 4 hours of men throwing a ball and running into each other. Men literally get paid millions of dollars, to stand in a line and stop other men running through. Madness.

Politics - I don't know where to start with this, i have zero interest or clue in the latest goings on from downing street / holyrood.

Facebook - i use twitter and Snapchat but i honestly have no interest in the 'book. Seen too many arguments / splitting ups because of it.

Image result for shudder gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2018 at 10:38, ShaggysBeard said:

Game of Thrones - I've nothing against it or those who watch it. I just haven't seen it.

Cars - I know how to drive, but it stops and starts there. I couldn't tell a peugot from a vauxhall until my eldest took a strong interest in cars and started teaching me.

Social Media 'norms' - I'm far from anti-social media. I use facebook and twitter; I largely use it for news consumption and the vast majority of the accounts I follow on twitter are news/sport and other interests I have. I don't understand the new social norms; wishing spouses a happy anniversary or similar for example, I'm assuming they see each other or communicate in a more private way. I don't understand the need to put that on facebook for all to see.

Uber - I'm not sure it it's real taxi drivers or just punters with an iPhone. If I have a quiet night where I can't sleep can I download the app and start taking hires?

And this, what is this thing the young folk are doing in pictures.....690.jpg

the ok sign thing comes from a game were you make that sign at your mates and if they notice you get to punch them in the arm basically

4 hours ago, buchan30 said:

We used to do that at high school 20 odd year ago.

No, you're mistaken. It's new. Like everything the youngsters do. They thought of it. Not you. It's impossible that anybody thought of it before them. 

Cars 

DIY

Game of Thrones (or any other non-comedy series, especially where folk refer to 'seasons')

Anything relating to celebrities / gossip / 'entertainment news'

English Premiership

No, you're mistaken. It's new. Like everything the youngsters do. They thought of it. Not you. It's impossible that anybody thought of it before them. 

[emoji23] aye, all us auld codgers (read anyone over the age of 25) use to sit around scratching ourselves, occasionally playing with string and a stick.

the ok sign thing comes from a game were you make that sign at your mates and if they notice you get to punch them in the arm basically

We had the additional rule that the sign had to be made below the waist, assume this was the same everywhere.

If it was done above the waist, you were allowed to double punch the arm of the person doing it.

Aggressive, I like it. Didn’t count if it was above the waist at our school. No punches were allowed to be administered.

Archived