Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

18 minutes ago, Div said:

Just one sentence on their website or a single tweet would have done. As it is the moment the only person promoting the free kids tickets for the game is me.

The marketing of Scottish Football in general is absolutely rancid and this is a classic example of it.

8) You know where to get me, Mr Doncaster.

Poster2.thumb.png.af084701d70e9e9e0bb4c18573e1445f.png

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

8) You know where to get me, Mr Doncaster.

Poster2.thumb.png.af084701d70e9e9e0bb4c18573e1445f.png

You have now spent significantly more time marketing the game than both clubs put together. Have a greeny on me.

Just now, Div said:

You have now spent significantly more time marketing the game than both clubs put together. Have a greeny on me.

This is the greatest moment of this thread. Two arguing teams united by some quick poster creation.

I'm proud.

23 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Can you just imagine Div's seethe when he discovers how poor the standard of the match officials' changing facilities are?

What's the script with this? Seen a couple of folk mention it on this thread?

8 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Someone cited the poor quality of the officials' changing rooms as a reason to not follow their team to a game at the Rock.

What? Why? Was their team the match officials? Weird. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

It was in reference to our ticket price, someone said the referees changing rooms (amongst other ridiculous things such as the weather) should come into play when thinking about ticket price. Those Dunfermline fans are mad b*****ds.

Finally, some fucking sense on this thread.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It was in reference to our ticket price, someone said the referees changing rooms (amongst other ridiculous things such as the weather) should come into play when a club is setting it's ticket price. Those Dunfermline fans are mad b*****ds.

Ah it was a dunfermline fan. That was all you had to say. 

Seems quite straighforward. Dumbarton have done what many clubs (including my own on numerous occasions) have done in the past and made an arse of their initial communication. They've told some punters one thing and allowed others to do another thing, as employees with a bit of common sense broke ranks. The issue appears to have been sorted within a few days, but not before a number of Saints fans had already bought tickets as they wanted to secure them rather than having to risk not getting a ticket on the day as it seems to change from club to club and week to week whether tickets can be bought pre-match.

Everything else seems to have escalated from the initial cockup,, which is something that isn't limited to Dumbarton, as stated before.

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Seems quite straighforward. Dumbarton have done what many clubs (including my own on numerous occasions) have done in the past and made an arse of their initial communication. They've told some punters one thing and allowed others to do another thing, as employees with a bit of common sense broke ranks. The issue appears to have been sorted within a few days, but not before a number of Saints fans had already bought tickets as they wanted to secure them rather than having to risk not getting a ticket on the day as it seems to change from club to club and week to week whether tickets can be bought pre-match.

Everything else seems to have escalated from the initial cockup,, which is something that isn't limited to Dumbarton, as stated before.

Agreed. It seems like neither club is really particularly arsed about the u-12s promotion, which is a bit of a shame as this month of all months is when people are looking to save a few quid.

Now looking forward to the game, and hopefully a sold out away end. I'll get an update from Saints on ticket sales this morning.

Just now, Div said:

Raith Rovers at least making an effort to market the promotion,  although I think they may well have taken inspiration from your poster @Sonsteam of 08

It's not a bad effort, but it clearly wasn't compiled by a pro like myself.

6/10.

In all seriousness though I suspect the reason that neither us nor Saints have fully marketed it is to avoid families turning up on Saturday ticketless, and not being able to get in. It's different at Stark's Park and the like where there'll be several thousand spare seats.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

In all seriousness though I suspect the reason that neither us nor Saints have fully marketed it is to avoid families turning up on Saturday ticketless, and not being able to get in. It's different at Stark's Park and the like where there'll be several thousand spare seats.

I totally get that. I also get that Dumbarton will need to put some sort of cap on the number of the under-12 tickets they are giving out.

What I don't get though is why neither club has actually told anyone that, instead the fans have had to find out for themselves.

That's the point I've been trying (and clearly failing) to make all along.

Anyway, I've bored myself to death with it. What's done is done. Time to look forward to the game itself.

Archived