Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

When yer da's had too many Camden Hells in the Horseshoe bar and decides to log into Twitter...

a9a1a440b04ba7224f277f1ffe598663.jpg

Hurting badly I see. Fabulous!!

I look at where we were this time last year and think this is just a remarkable turnaround in fortunes for us. Jack Ross and James Fowler along with the new board have completely galvanised our club. 

Nothing is won in January but we are up there and doing the business. These are great times to be a buddie but I've been watching us for a long time and it's still positivity with guarded optimism for me. 

Our attacking options are just dire at the moment. Is Handling even fit - he was abysmal today.

Danny Handling might want to pass the ball forward now and again.

I thought Handling played well today considering how deep the rest of the team were

I agree. He wasn't great by any means (then again, aside from Dowie, nobody was) but he didn't lose possession often, and his passing was quick and sharp. 

Sorry but I just didn't see that. Handling have the ball away needlessly on any number of occasions (so did others to be fair so he wasn't alone in that) and he almost always turned back to look for an option. I fully appreciate that he's nowhere near fit after missing almost six months of the season, so he has that in his favour. And I know that he won't have often had a throng of options in front of him, but when he had the ball, I'd expect him to drive forward on occasion, rather than go back towards Dowie, Barr etc.

McGinns kick was a soft yellow at most. Carswells tackle on Stelios was well worse

Nonsense. Was naughty from McGinn and he should have been booked. Certainly wasn't a red though.

Carswell's tackle on Stelios was worse, definitely ([emoji1303]) and he could've been sent off for it for sure, but wouldn't deliberately trying to kick an opponent be classed as violent conduct, and thus be a sending off?

I'd imagine it would be by the laws of the game. If someone can show me that deliberately kicking an opponent off the ball isn't considered violent conduct I'll happily admit I'm wrong, but surely kicking someone can't just be a bookable offence?

Thought we were hopeless today. I’ve seen people say they like how C Gallagher is good defensively but I’m not seeing this at all.

We improved as soon as Roy came on for Gallagher

Roy wasn't brilliant when he came on but he offers infinitely more than Gallagher. His end product is sometimes lacking but he can beat a man and is capable of getting goals from a wide position. I actually thought he looked a bit frustrated today and was trying too hard, I can't blame him either. I've seen him having a fair few good performances in his short spell whereas I've seen Gallagher produce a solitary 1 since he joined a year ago.

I know a lot of folk don't rate Roy but for me he'd be in ahead of Gallgher every single time. Gallagher strikes me as being an Aitken favourite - hard worker, nice guy, head screwed on, but ultimately he's absolutely nowhere near good enough.

I was going to post something very similar, but you've summed it up very adequately to save me the bother.

I don't feel I'm being harsh in saying that when Roy came on yesterday, his efforts to beat his man, his directness and two half-decent crosses into the box means he's offered more in 20 minutes than Gallagher has done all season.

Nice guy and hard worker or not, he's simply not good enough.

He was watching, and listening to, a horse race which was the final leg of an accumulator he had on. Had it won he stood to win over £600.
It finished 2nd...I bet you're really glad about that.

Every cloud and all that...

42 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

FTFY

Unsurprisingly Dumbarton fans are not the target audience for a St.Mirren fans twitter account.

Still, glorious to see you are reading them. Show's we are doing something right.

This was my personal favourite from yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

We might have been rotten. We might have offered no attacking threat. We might have lost by more on another day.

But THAT is embarrassing. Cringe.

Another one! This is fucking superb! I might send out a wee personal note today to all our new Dumbarton followers :thumsup2

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Just saw this due to Arch Stanton's response. What an absolute minter. 

I never saw or heard the incident in question but if you're appealing for silence at a football match so you can hear players talking to each other, then you're indisputably in the wrong. :lol:

:thumsup2

32 minutes ago, Div said:

Another one! This is fucking superb! I might send out a wee personal note today to all our new Dumbarton followers :thumsup2

I don't think you understand how twitter works. We don't actually need to follow your account to read the arse clenchingly awful stuff you post on it. Carry on thinking you're some sort of top WUM though and we'll carry on pointing and laughing.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think you understand how twitter works. We don't actually need to follow your account to read the arse clenchingly awful stuff you post on it. Carry on thinking you're some sort of top WUM though and we'll carry on pointing and laughing.

If you don't follow then you're actually going out of your way to read it, which is even better!

Will give you a wee shout out later lads :thumsup2

I'm not sure what you think you've achieved but if it keeps you happy then keep on believing whatever it is you believe, but don't expect to post such baulk-inducing cringe and not have it mentioned.

1 minute ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I'm not sure what you think you've achieved but if it keeps you happy then keep on believing whatever it is you believe, but don't expect to post such baulk-inducing cringe and not have it mentioned.

We're heading for League 1 lads, but fuck me look at Div's twitter account, it's SHITE :lol:

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No, wrong again. Do you understand what happens when folk RT stuff? 

I DON'T FOLLOW YOU DIV AND I DON'T READ YOUR STUFF, AND IT'S SHITE ANYWAY AND SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME IT'S SHITE TOO SO THERE!!!

200.gif

1 hour ago, Div said:

Hurting badly I see. Fabulous!!

Says the guy who regularly shut down this site on Saturday nights last season... 

Archived