Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute shambles today. Didn’t think St Mirren fans were willing to pay an extra £2, but they proved me wrong. We welcome the Paisley pound. 

St Mirren fans are a different breed. A few were sat in front of me today, one guy taking up two seats was listening to something on his phone, not sure what but was making a noise. I asked him to turn it down as I like to listen to players, fans etc and not his phone. They were shocked that I asked to turn it down ( not off) however he did then turn it off and his mates thought I was in the wrong.  Here’s a tip. He said he couldn’t hear it so how could I ? How about earphones next time ?

Secondly, we all no the issue with the seats today so what do the St Mirren fans do at half time, they spot empty seats in the away end and proceed towards them. So what happens when folk reappear with a pie have to do ? That’s right move to the home end. You couldn’t make it up.

If the ref sorted out McGinn then it could have been a wee bit different but by doing nothing it showed St Mirren that they could do what they want, and Stelios ....... don’t get me started.

Absolute shambles today. Didn’t think St Mirren fans were willing to pay an extra £2, but they proved me wrong. We welcome the Paisley pound. 
St Mirren fans are a different breed. A few were sat in front of me today, one guy taking up two seats was listening to something on his phone, not sure what but was making a noise. I asked him to turn it down as I like to listen to players, fans etc and not his phone. They were shocked that I asked to turn it down ( not off) however he did then turn it off and his mates thought I was in the wrong.  Here’s a tip. He said he couldn’t hear it so how could I ? How about earphones next time ?

Secondly, we all no the issue with the seats today so what do the St Mirren fans do at half time, they spot empty seats in the away end and proceed towards them. So what happens when folk reappear with a pie have to do ? That’s right move to the home end. You couldn’t make it up.

If the ref sorted out McGinn then it could have been a wee bit different but by doing nothing it showed St Mirren that they could do what they want, and Stelios ....... don’t get me started.

Lol

Really nothing pleasant to report from that, too easy for St.Mirren. Presumably they'll go on and win the league.

Our attacking options are just dire at the moment. Is Handling even fit - he was abysmal today. More transfer movement this week hopefully and some positive news on froxy and stewart's injuries.

29 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Might be garbage, but the only garbage to have beaten you lot at home, eh? Our tactics today appear to have been to lose by as few as possible. I know we have limited options going forward, but that was embarrassingly defensive.

Dowie was deserving of his MOTM award. David Smith and Calum Gallagher did a good job on Lewis Morgan, who only came into the game properly when Ally Roy came on. Judging by his performance his loan isn't being extended either, although I'm sure 'Rangeman' will be along in a minute to tell me I'm wrong.

Stevie and Durrant will have to do something to get us going again, because, at the moment, the tactics aren't working at all.

You got horsed, suck it up champ.

Next.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That's fairly concerning.

I'm relieved that my normally strong memory didn't lapse.

1 minute ago, McG said:

You got horsed, suck it up champ.

Next.

I described us as 'embarrassingly defensive' - not quite sure what I have to suck up tbqh.

Really nothing pleasant to report from that, too easy for St.Mirren. Presumably they'll go on and win the league.
Our attacking options are just dire at the moment. Is Handling even fit - he was abysmal today. More transfer movement this week hopefully and some positive news on froxy and stewart's injuries.

Froxy at least 2 weeks away, Stewart should be back for Livingston and Mclaughlin has showed no signs of improvement and could be out for the season.

22 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

335 minutes since we last scored, in case anyone's interested. 

The St JohnSons partnership being rekindled. We went 620 minutes without scoring earlier this season. 

#WeWelcomeTheChase

Better team won...not a huge amount in it in the first half, but st mirren stepped up in the second, and we had no answer

A lot of our own fans beating ourselves up...we just lost to the best team in the league and the likely champions

For me...our best players were Dowie and Nade in the first half

I thought the ref missed all the big decisions...how he and the linesman missed McGinns kick out I dont know. I thought Carswell could have had a red fir his challenge, but Stellios was embarrassing

This fixture gives me the fear so I'm especially delighted we've managed to win the game by any means necessary, and particularly given it seemed to be quite a straightforward afternoon.

The increasing gap at the top of the league is a happy consequence. The general tone from today's media coverage (excluding Jim Spence) is that everyone has us nailed on for the league, which deeply troubles me. We are however playing well and winning games consistently so hopefully we can keep doing that for as long as possible, because one would suspect we are due a wee lapse in form at some stage between now and the end of the season.

Any other issues with the crowd/tickets today not specified above?

Fair result, no complaints, but how many bad decisions can one ref get wrong? Why wasn’t mcginn booked for kicking out at dowie? Or the player with studs up against Walsh I think, at least booked? Or player that pulled Walsh back after he megged him? 3 offsides in the First half, standside linesman missed? Poor poor officiating

Archived