Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Our club are literally changing our opening times and taking phone reservations for tickets, I think we come out of this quite well.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Dumbarton haven't published that we're taking phone reservations for tickets from away fans because (a) we told St Mirren they could sell them and they aren't doing so, (b) it's not really our fault but we're nice guys and looking to help where necessary and (c) because we employ 1 part-time receptionist and we don't want her constantly taking phone calls for 6 hours a day for something that the opposition club should be dealing with.  

Reading twitter it would seem St Mirren ticket office have been selling parent and child tickets for £36 (£22 adult +£14 child) but we do a parent and child ticket for £30 on a normal weekend (this is also clearly posted on our website since the summer), so your mob haven't just refused to give out child tickets, they've actually charged your own fans more than they should on normal weekend.  Sonsteam of 08 has already posted a tweet confirming that the St Mirren ticket office have previous for misinforming your fans too. I would suggest you sack whatever Homer Simpson is currently running the place and get someone competent in.

St Mirren fans can collect on the day. We're bending over backwards to help out here and yet no apology from mud-slingers like Div.

Div will get to the bottom of this from our end. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Div's chosen moniker looking more and more appropriate.

29 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Div's straw clutching here has been truly exceptional. If it were an olympic event he'd be in for a gold. A lesson to all young straw clutchers out there that if you want to make it to the very top, you have to commit. A masterclass from the veteran.

Trying too hard sweet cheeks.

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pats back on form, ICT picking up results - this all smacks of the wheels coming off the St Mirren bandwagon as they crack under the pressure.

The whole team is near collapse because someone couldn't find out how to get a ticket?

Not that I wish to get involved in all this, but that's quite some hyperbole you've got there. Even more so considering the team you claim are "picking up points" is the same one we beat just days ago.

Div having a meltdown on his own site as he tries to muster some reason for this being all Dumbarton's fault.
Wonder if an apology to moonster and DFC will be forthcoming.
I do hope big Nade is reading this and gets him fired up, scores the winner in the 89th min and runs along In front of the saints fans slapping them all with his cock!

25 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Div having a meltdown on his own site as he tries to muster some reason for this being all Dumbarton's fault.
Wonder if an apology to moonster and DFC will be forthcoming.
I do hope big Nade is reading this and gets him fired up, scores the winner in the 89th min and runs along In front of the saints fans slapping them all with his cock!

It amuses me that anytime I post on the site it's apparently because I'm having a meltdown :lol:

The way this SPFL promotion has been handled by these two clubs is absolutely abysmal.

Dress it up any way you like, that's the simple fact of the matter.

Just popped in to say good luck to the mighty Sons for Saturday.

I will be heading up to Dumbarton on Friday to complete a full rain (and wind/hurricane) dance, in order to ensure perfect conditions to guarantee a Sons win....8)

16 minutes ago, Div said:

It amuses me that anytime I post on the site it's apparently because I'm having a meltdown :lol:

The way this SPFL promotion has been handled by these two clubs is absolutely abysmal.

Dress it up any way you like, that's the simple fact of the matter.

FACT needs to be capitalised before we can accept it, I'm afraid.

Just now, MacArab said:

I will be heading up to Dumbarton on Friday to complete a full rain (and wind/hurricane) dance, in order to ensure perfect conditions to guarantee a Sons win....8)

If you are heading there on Friday any chance of picking me up one of the secret squirrel free kids tickets?

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Pats back on form, ICT picking up results - this all smacks of the wheels coming off the St Mirren bandwagon as they crack under the pressure.

The team is full of confidence you can see it the way they knock the ball about but I can assure you no St Mirren supporter is taking anything for granted even though we have more points on the board than Hibs at the same time last year. Dumbarton always give St Mirren a hard game they beat us at home last time round and that mate is the key in our players locker for this game. 

32 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Don;t forget to ensure that the grass grows to too-long-for-FT-teams proportions.

8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Why haven't Dumbarton sent personalised texts/phonecalls to all the St Mirren fans to make them aware of what's going on? Poor form.

Just one sentence on their website or a single tweet would have done. As it is the moment the only person promoting the free kids tickets for the game is me.

The marketing of Scottish Football in general is absolutely rancid and this is a classic example of it.

Archived