Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This information is available on both the offical site and social media channels.

Well done to the media team for the swift release of the news. Good job guys.

Why are they not emailing, calling and sending Div a recorded delivery letter though, very poor.

I'm told Aitken wanted Sutton but has now given up on him, hence the turn to Russell (and others).  Froxylias has been in and out of the team due to fitness for the last 2-3 months and it's been pretty disappointing tbh. There's chat of us bringing Andy Stirling back this month and for me I'd be dropping Froxylias to the bench in favour of him, no bother. Froxylias is a bit too much of a luxury and to be honest I don't think he's doing everything he can to get fit. Capable of a moment of brilliance but also capable of hiding.  I expect Danny Handling, Walsh and Calum Gallagher will be our "attacking midfield 3" on Saturday, unless we can sign Stirling before then.

Disappointed to see Stirling leave Queens having apparently not had much of a chance. Although you can have a BOGOF deal with your keeper back keeper too if you like[emoji3]

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Maybe we could ask to take control of the St Mirren website for 5 minutes. Just so you guys have a tailor made communication that specifically mentions away fans and free child tickets.

Unless you read this thread or are active on twitter you'd have absolutely no idea that you can buy away end tickets from Dumbarton or that there are any free tickets available in advance of Saturday. I find it quite remarkable how poor the communication has been regarding the ticketing for this match and I'm staggered that anyone thinks either club comes out of this with any credit whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Disappointed to see Stirling leave Queens having apparently not had much of a chance. Although you can have a BOGOF deal with your keeper back keeper too if you likeemoji3.png

Deal. I'll be down in an hour and a half.

Anyway, what's this chap on about? Do St Mirren have recent history for making a mess of free tickets?

1 minute ago, steakpiegravy said:

Disappointed to see Stirling leave Queens having apparently not had much of a chance. Although you can have a BOGOF deal with your keeper back keeper too if you likeemoji3.png

Make it a hattrick and send Lyle along with Alan and Andy. 

Div's straw clutching here has been truly exceptional. If it were an olympic event he'd be in for a gold. A lesson to all young straw clutchers out there that if you want to make it to the very top, you have to commit. A masterclass from the veteran.

Disappointed to see Stirling leave Queens having apparently not had much of a chance. Although you can have a BOGOF deal with your keeper back keeper too if you like[emoji3]

Is that the same keeper who saved you a point in our last game? Yeah, we’ll take him

26 minutes ago, Div said:

Unless you read this thread or are active on twitter you'd have absolutely no idea that you can buy away end tickets from Dumbarton or that there are any free tickets available in advance of Saturday. I find it quite remarkable how poor the communication has been regarding the ticketing for this match and I'm staggered that anyone thinks either club comes out of this with any credit whatsoever.

Our club are literally changing our opening times and taking phone reservations for tickets, I think we come out of this quite well.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Dumbarton haven't published that we're taking phone reservations for tickets from away fans because (a) we told St Mirren they could sell them and they aren't doing so, (b) it's not really our fault but we're nice guys and looking to help where necessary and (c) because we employ 1 part-time receptionist and we don't want her constantly taking phone calls for 6 hours a day for something that the opposition club should be dealing with.  

Reading twitter it would seem St Mirren ticket office have been selling parent and child tickets for £36 (£22 adult +£14 child) but we do a parent and child ticket for £30 on a normal weekend (this is also clearly posted on our website since the summer), so your mob haven't just refused to give out child tickets, they've actually charged your own fans more than they should on normal weekend.  Sonsteam of 08 has already posted a tweet confirming that the St Mirren ticket office have previous for misinforming your fans too. I would suggest you sack whatever Homer Simpson is currently running the place and get someone competent in.

1 minute ago, steakpiegravy said:

Is it normal for the away fans to have to visit the home ground during the week before the match to get a ticket? First I heard.

St Mirren fans can collect on the day. We're bending over backwards to help out here and yet no apology from mud-slingers like Div.

Archived