Off yer (Dumbarton)Rockers! V League Leaders

What's the crack with the pricing for this, specifically the free U12 deal?  Div's having a tear-stained rant on Twitter, and blame seems to be swinging between DFC and SMFC, based on the way I'm reading the comments.

He pointed the finger at us (que many tears and tweets about how terrible we are), then DFC told his mate that St Mirren can sell the free kids tickets if they want but are choosing not to. He's not edited or removed the initial blame tweets therefore the tears and rants from others continue, including the usual regurgitated patter about how cheap Bundesliga tickets are (comparable eh?) That's what I took from it anyway.

Either way it's a fuckin palava over nothing. If you don't like the prices then don't pay them, it's really that simple, whining like a bitch about it on Twitter is pointless if you still cough up the money. It's 2 quid more than St Mirren charge so to single us out every time they come to visit is fairly pathetic. Prices at this level in general are horribly OTT but for some reason we get the most flack for it, mostly from St Mirren supporters. It's probably because people are of the opinion a part time team with a smaller stadium should be charging less. Folk also seem to think that if we half our prices we double our crowd, I can only assume these deluded fools have been ingesting a cocktail of acid and ketamine for breakfast.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole free kids initiative is a difficult issue in this context anyway. I understand why the Championship group were keen to have a joint promotion over the whole League when the Premiership is closed but I'm not convinced it will have any tangible effect other than to save some money for those who would go anyway. 

And thats fine if grounds are sitting empty but given Dumbartons stadium size and St Mirren's support this game will sell out (at least at the away end) without it. If I had been Dumbarton I wouldnt have agreed to it but it would have been poor pr I suppose.

Administratively its a pest too but fortunately as we are away for both weeks of the promotion, not a hurdle we've needed to cross.

The specific seethe here is over £14 per child though........

There are underlying tones of seethe about the prices in general as well. There were some similarly bitchy Twitter rants before the first game about how we were trying to fleece St Mirren fans because we charge 2 quid extra for all ticket matches. Something that was outlined before a ball was kicked.

Either way it's unfair to single us out for criticism IMO, especially when you have such a wide reach on Twitter. It's not like we're fighting off the punters as it is.

2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Yet ironically we are over stocked in the defensive line, including Buchanan who came from you and isn't even getting a game.

Image result for sarcastic thumbs up gif

1 hour ago, McG said:

Wonder if we will have a couple of new signings for this game ;)

Image result for eye rolling gif

Div thinks he's got it tough, I've just looked at Sunday only tickets for the Silverstone Classic this year and the early bird (!) prices are £52 for adults, £46.80 for concessions and £12 for kids. 

I'm away to complain about them on Twitter, before trying to work out how I can justify going.

1 hour ago, McG said:

Wonder if we will have a couple of new signings for this game ;)

Interesting.

My experience of McG's posts on here is that you have to delete the first two words to get to the truth

Div thinks he's got it tough, I've just looked at Sunday only tickets for the Silverstone Classic this year and the early bird (!) prices are £52 for adults, £46.80 for concessions and £12 for kids. 
I'm away to complain about them on Twitter, before trying to work out how I can justify going.

£2 cheaper for kids than Dumbarton [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

27 minutes ago, AllyM said:

Interesting.

My experience of McG's posts on here is that you have to delete the first two words to get to the truth

Ross was asked this question directly in the post match comment video and said as much. I've alluded to it in my previous post too.

Don’t have any issue with the price. More just how brutal a football match with Dumbarton is to watch. Granted they seem to be a bit more watchable at their place.

Need a win to keep up the pressure on United and to make up for the terrible performance at Love St in December.

Don’t have any issue with the price. More just how brutal a football match with Dumbarton is to watch. Granted they seem to be a bit more watchable at their place.

Need a win to keep up the pressure on United and to make up for the terrible performance at Love St in December.

If by ‘more watchable’ you mean worse then, yeh, I guess we are ‘more watchable’ at home.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Div now bitching that our office is only open 3 days a week.

Someone get that guy his hole f**k sake.

It was getting my hole that led to me having to spend £14 on a kids ticket.

Archived