Cumnock v Auchinleck 4th Round Scottish Cup

RoketNaeTeam

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goal Machine was the type o striker who bagged a double in a 6/7 nil victory , stats at the end of the season showed he had bagged 25 for the season but his goals were against bottom half sides, in the big games his bottle crashed and has very rarely bagged a goal of significance

Talbot were getting it tight last season for not scoring enough goals. Now they're scoring more than anyone but they're not pleasing enough on the eye. 

Let's be having some examples of Junior sides playing Guardiola style fitba from the critics please because I'm obviously not going to the right matches. 

17 minutes ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Think it was the talbot "fans" themselves giving it tight, some of you need to look in before looking out!

Never said they weren't. 

To clarify my point for you -  there are clearly people who would rather have their teeth extracted than  give modicum credit to certain sides. That's the petty nature of football supporters pretty much universally. In P&B terms I suspect Talbot are quite high up that list for a few. 

I could understand it to an extent last season as they were making heavy weather of things , albeit while challenging for the big prizes, but I just find it surprising that same dreary bitterness manifests after what has to be considered a fairly emphatic pumping.  I honestly can't think of many times a team has done that at the home of their biggest rivals and had their performance dissected for artistic merit, particularly on a cold blustery day on a plastic pitch. Still I doubt any significant fucks will be given by anyone outside the internet goldfish bowl. Just highlighting how bizarre I find it all really. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Never said they weren't. 

To clarify my point for you -  there are clearly people who would rather have their teeth extracted than  give modicum credit to certain sides. That's the petty nature of football supporters pretty much universally. In P&B terms I suspect Talbot are quite high up that list for a few. 

I could understand it to an extent last season as they were making heavy weather of things , albeit while challenging for the big prizes, but I just find it surprising that same dreary bitterness manifests after what has to be considered a fairly emphatic pumping.  I honestly can't think of many times a team has done that at the home of their biggest rivals and had their performance dissected for artistic merit, particularly on a cold blustery day on a plastic pitch. Still I doubt any significant fucks will be given by anyone outside the internet goldfish bowl. Just highlighting how bizarre I find it all really. 

Think youve made the best point,shanner. the conditions yesterday were difficult  to play in with strong wind plus an unforgiving surface which can catch players out, so i can understand how  some would say it wasnt the purist game of football they  have ever saw,however Talbot did create their goals with play on the deck and in Shankland and Glasgow have two skillfull players that play the game correctly,thats not to detract anything from the rest of the team who were brilliant, but to the poster to claim there was no decent football at times is wrong.I especially enjoyed Jamies nutmeg in the second half,clean as a whistle,chooo chooo.

The criticism last season was mostly due to the fact that we weren't scoring enough goals.Aye,we all want to see our team stroke the 24th pass into the back of the net but this is junior fitba we are talking about. A lot of Talbot fans knew we were slightly lacking in the playing staff department to win a major trophy.

22 hours ago, Appraisal said:

Early goal put Cumnock in the back foot, Talbot were dominating the game but the second was a howler from Semple, 5 mins prior to the break it went nuts, Talbot should have went 3 up (header) but then seconds later it was 2-1 and could have been 2-2, why the Cumnock lad didn’t pull the trigger when he cut in beggars belief, anyhow for Talbots dominance Cumnock go in at half time with their tails up, you would have expected Cumnock to go at Talbot from the restart but it didn’t happen and when Shankland made it 3 the game was over, in fairness Cumnock were lucky to get out of there at 5-1, Cumnock were poor, Talbot were brilliant but what I will say Cumnock have a good honest Manager in Peter Leonard who giving time will right a lot of the wrongs on the playing side,

Manager made a mistake not playing Paul Burns and Ray Montgomerie yesterday.

Archived