Cumnock v Auchinleck 4th Round Scottish Cup

RoketNaeTeam

34 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Why do you call "a like" a greeny?

Because it's green! And it's better than a riddy! Lol

Personally I would have on a football forum. A red card  -2. A yellow card  -1 .  And a greeny  +2 .  ☺

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumnock 1-5 Auchinleck Talbot.

Mark Shankland put Talbot in front when Cumnock lost possession in the midfield area, the ball found its way to Mark running free on the left edge of the box from where he lashed the ball home.
Talbot went two in front,when a long range free kick from Gordon Pope,
went underneath Cumnock goalie Ally Semple’s body & into the net.
Cumnock got a goal back, when striker Scott Anson cleverly headed home from 6yds.

Mark Shankland put Talbot further in front early in the 2nd half,when he netted a similar effort to his opener.
Talbot were in total control & the classy Jamie Glasgow put them 1-4 up.
MOM William Lyle finished off a fine afternoon hour his team,when he shot home from close range.

Comfortable win for Talbot, Cumnock’s best spell came in the later stages of the 1st half when they had a couple of decent shouts for a penalty, & their best player Keir Sampson ran through the Talbot defence, but he was unable to get a shot in.

As a neutral I found the game a tad disappointing as it was never really a contest. Had hoped Cumnock would come out fighting after getting a goal just before half time, but it just wasn't to be.

Townhead Park is a very impressive ground though.

Because it's green! And it's better than a riddy! Lol
Personally I would have on a football forum. A red card  -2. A yellow card  -1 .  And a greeny  +2 .  [emoji5]

I thought the green dot indicated that the poster was online, and the red dot meant offline.

Like the red/yellow card idea though.

Cumnock 1-5 Auchinleck Talbot. Mark Shankland put Talbot in front when Cumnock lost possession in the midfield area, the ball found its way to Mark running free on the left edge of the box from where he lashed the ball home.Talbot went two in front,when a long range free kick from Gordon Pope,

went underneath Cumnock goalie Ally Semple’s body & into the net.

Cumnock got a goal back, when striker Scott Anson cleverly headed home from 6yds.

Mark Shankland put Talbot further in front early in the 2nd half,when he netted a similar effort to his opener.

Talbot were in total control & the classy Jamie Glasgow put them 1-4 up.

MOM William Lyle finished off a fine afternoon hour his team,when he shot home from close range.

Comfortable win for Talbot, Cumnock’s best spell came in the later stages of the 1st half when they had a couple of decent shouts for a penalty, & their best player Keir Sampson ran through the Talbot defence, but he was unable to get a shot in.

Excellent post Larky55. I was surprised how comfortable we won. I was expecting a strong cumnock side to come out the block blazing but they just never turned up. Talbot hardly looked threatened till Anson scored which was more of Talbot defence sleeping than them coming into the game. Thought the Talbot team as a whole are working as a unit. Good passing and holding of the ball. The players look as if they have each others back and that's good to see. Tbh I was worried when I heard Gormley was signing for a junior team. Albeit a good player he had a knack of being a bit selfish and a Prima-Donna glow about him which unsettled the team at the time. Pollok will probably fit his outlook.  

Excellent post Larky55. I was surprised how comfortable we won. I was expecting a strong cumnock side to come out the block blazing but they just never turned up. Talbot hardly looked threatened till Anson scored which was more of Talbot defence sleeping than them coming into the game. Thought the Talbot team as a whole are working as a unit. Good passing and holding of the ball. The players look as if they have each others back and that's good to see. Tbh I was worried when I heard Gormley was signing for a junior team. Albeit a good player he had a knack of being a bit selfish and a Prima-Donna glow about him which unsettled the team at the time. Pollok will probably fit his outlook.   

Big game next Saturday, H. You going?

Big game next Saturday, H. You going?
Not at all surprised by the score today , the derby is falling away as cumnock can't compete any longer with Talbot , it maybe sounds harsh but that's the facts .
L55 yes I'll be there [emoji106]

"Shed" got to agree it's sad because I love playing against this mob but honestly look forward to playing Beith more than cumnock nowadays as the passion from the Talbot/Beith players and the fans are always buzzing on both sides.

L55 yes I'll be there [emoji106]

"Shed" got to agree it's sad because I love playing against this mob but honestly look forward to playing Beith more than cumnock nowadays as the passion from the Talbot/Beith players and the fans are always buzzing on both sides.
Yeah I can see where you're coming from , it must one helluva tough gig being a nock fan seeing all Talbot's success plus getting caned lots in these derbies , we got caned verbally to a lesser extent from the ladeside lads as we couldn't get our hands on the Scottish until that was put right of course [emoji2]; but beith and ladeside both have about equal bragging rights success wise , if a cumnock persuasion it must be torture looking at Talbot .

I wonder how many times since the Tucker Slogan era began have Cumnock won the head to heads over a season. It's a Derby match that's been living on it's past a wee bit. 

Talbot have replaced it with whoever is chasing the trophies at any particular time so the decline has probably been caused mainly by Cumnock going downhill in the same time. 

Yeah I can see where you're coming from , it must one helluva tough gig being a nock fan seeing all Talbot's success plus getting caned lots in these derbies , we got caned verbally to a lesser extent from the ladeside lads as we couldn't get our hands on the Scottish until that was put right of course [emoji2]; but beith and ladeside both have about equal bragging rights success wise , if a cumnock persuasion it must be torture looking at Talbot .
Can't put my finger on how sad they have fallen. Even the big support that came for them today were lacklustre.
They have a great park and set up so there shouldn't be many hurdles for them to clear. Sad for them but thankfully I don't support them.

Early goal put Cumnock in the back foot, Talbot were dominating the game but the second was a howler from Semple, 5 mins prior to the break it went nuts, Talbot should have went 3 up (header) but then seconds later it was 2-1 and could have been 2-2, why the Cumnock lad didn’t pull the trigger when he cut in beggars belief, anyhow for Talbots dominance Cumnock go in at half time with their tails up, you would have expected Cumnock to go at Talbot from the restart but it didn’t happen and when Shankland made it 3 the game was over, in fairness Cumnock were lucky to get out of there at 5-1, Cumnock were poor, Talbot were brilliant but what I will say Cumnock have a good honest Manager in Peter Leonard who giving time will right a lot of the wrongs on the playing side,

Archived