Cumnock v Auchinleck 4th Round Scottish Cup

RoketNaeTeam

As a keen follower of Junior Fitba I have always been interested in derby's.  None more so than Cumnock and Auchinleck. I plan to travel from Fife on 20th Jan and wondered if anybody can help with info about weather, game off etc around that time.  Saw the two ties several years back and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RoketNaeTeam said:

As a keen follower of Junior Fitba I have always been interested in derby's.  None more so than Cumnock and Auchinleck. I plan to travel from Fife on 20th Jan and wondered if anybody can help with info about weather, game off etc around that time.  Saw the two ties several years back and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

who do you want to win roket? and what did you like about the game,last time out.always interested how non natives view the derby even though its not as fierce as it once was.

As it's a Townhead (cumnock) fixture the game ups its edge a bit more in my opinion. Talbot usually bring a decent away support of 500-700 with nock drawing about 350-400.
The down side nowadays is the all weather park. Whilst it gives a positive the game will be on its outweighed by the negatives still viewed by most that the surface is terrible to play on.

But it still should be a decent encounter.

As it's a Townhead (cumnock) fixture the game ups its edge a bit more in my opinion. Talbot usually bring a decent away support of 500-700 with nock drawing about 350-400.
The down side nowadays is the all weather park. Whilst it gives a positive the game will be on its outweighed by the negatives still viewed by most that the surface is terrible to play on.

Have to disagree with you harry, I’ve been to a lot of junior parks over the last few seasons and some of the playing surfaces are atrocious, at least at townhead teams can knock the ball about on the surface and play some decent football

Have to disagree with you harry, I’ve been to a lot of junior parks over the last few seasons and some of the playing surfaces are atrocious, at least at townhead teams can knock the ball about on the surface and play some decent football
Yes sorry maybe came across too negative. Kind of meant it's a different style of football played in this type of grass. Not the best to watch in my honest opinion

Yes sorry maybe came across too negative. Kind of meant it's a different style of football played in this type of grass. Not the best to watch in my honest opinion

Yes your entitled to your opinion pal and it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve seen more good games at townhead over the last year than I did the previous 5 before the 3G was down.

the 3G pitch shows who are footballers and who are the runners in any  teams.youve got to be able to control the ball or youre next touch will most certainly be a tackle,the ball moves a lot quicker than on grass and benefits players with good vision and who can read the game.what it will produce is plenty of meaty challenges as the second touch is a tackle will probably win out,due to the nature of this game.a 1-1 draw then talbot to finish job at beechwood 2-0

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

the 3G pitch shows who are footballers and who are the runners in any  teams.youve got to be able to control the ball or youre next touch will most certainly be a tackle,the ball moves a lot quicker than on grass and benefits players with good vision and who can read the game.what it will produce is plenty of meaty challenges as the second touch is a tackle will probably win out,due to the nature of this game.a 1-1 draw then talbot to finish job at beechwood 2-0

Without doubt the team playing on it regularly has an advantage. The example you give of a footballer with a good touch and vision is probably accurate. But if that player is not on that surface regularly he will struggle first half hour or so. The ball comes off the surface fast and does create the situation you describe of second touch a tackle. This will be a hard tie for Talbot taking all things into account, massive derby, plastic pitch. I would be happy with a draw and back to the bowling green surface of Beechwood.

Yes your entitled to your opinion pal and it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve seen more good games at townhead over the last year than I did the previous 5 before the 3G was down.
I find that hard to believe that you've saw more good games in the last year than the previous 5 , I've saw loads of games on 3g / astro and can't really remember one good game on it , that's including loads of neutral games , I think you're trying to maybe convince yourself that it's good .

I find that hard to believe that you've saw more good games in the last year than the previous 5 , I've saw loads of games on 3g / astro and can't really remember one good game on it , that's including loads of neutral games , I think you're trying to maybe convince yourself that it's good .

Not at all! You look at the scores at townhead park over the last year and there’s been a lot of high scoring entertaining games, I would rather watch that than watch a game being played on a mudbath with very little or no football being played

Not at all! You look at the scores at townhead park over the last year and there’s been a lot of high scoring entertaining games

Cumnock's defence might be the reason for that!

Astro isn't ideal but is better than no football at all. In 30 years people will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Not at all! You look at the scores at townhead park over the last year and there’s been a lot of high scoring entertaining games, I would rather watch that than watch a game being played on a mudbath with very little or no football being played
Yeah I look at the scores and kind of getting you now buddy , the astro pitch has gave you a record all time defeat of 0-6 against us so I'm kind of with you now ????[emoji39]entertaining stuff ????

Cumnock's defence might be the reason for that!

Astro isn't ideal but is better than no football at all. In 30 years people will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Yes your maybe right but they also play good attacking football and try and get the ball on the deck which I don’t think you would be able to do on some junior pitches. Some may like it and some may not but I believe 3G is the future for junior football.

Yeah I look at the scores and kind of getting you now buddy , the astro pitch has gave you a record all time defeat of 0-6 against us so I'm kind of with you now ????[emoji39]entertaining stuff ????

Yes very good ???? got what we deserved that day and ultimately ended John mckeown’s reign as manager but the 2 games before that I believe ended 2-2 in the league and the west and were very close entertaining games if I remember correctly.

On 08/01/2018 at 07:28, Harry's Corner said:

Talbot have more of a support than Cumnock even though it's Cumnocks home tie ? Thought it would be 50-50 or slightly in Cumnocks favour.

Surprised at that

Talbot have more of a support than Cumnock even though it's Cumnocks home tie ? Thought it would be 50-50 or slightly in Cumnocks favour.
Surprised at that
Cumnock support has been awful for the past few years probably due to the success of their two neighbouring villages also including the big Glasgow 2, Xbox and PlayStation hobbyist aka the snowflake generation

Archived