Dunfermline v Dundee Utd. Sat. 13th Jan '18

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

It about sums the game up that the biggest cheers from both sets of fans were when the Ref gave them a decision.
I feel that Utd were there for the taking today.

I think both sets of fans probably feel as though either team could have been taken today. I thought we were incredibly soft in possession and made life easy for Dunfermline but there were also a few occasions where it looked like we could have capitalised on some errors at the back. In the end Dunfermline probably had more clear cut chances and would be disappointed not to score. 

The referee had a bit of a mare (with Slater's ridiculously deflected shot being given as a goal kick a real zinger)

I thought it was also quite funny that the small section of fans giving homophobic abuse to Scott McDonald also went mental when Stanton stayed on the park after receiving treatment (despite this being in the rules). Something quite ironic about morons clearly not grasping the actual rules of the game. 

McManus probably will feel he should of had a goal had the ball squirm under the keeper(where I felt the defender was abit cute in tripping him and preventing him getting to follow it up) and one just before full time hitting the outside of post.

Otherwise neither team created a heck of a lot and a draw is a fair result.

Madden had an absolute nightmare in what should have been an easy afternoon for him

Should have won that. Plenty of chances and only some good saves and poor finishing denied us the three points. McManus was excellent, just missing a goal or two. Hardly any failures in our team though. It wasn't a terrific performance but they all worked their socks off. We now have 10/12 points from the last four matches and that's three straight clean sheets.

Still wish AJ would make subs quicker. Why even bother bringing on Ryan and Higgy with five mins left?

First time all season I've thought United wouldn't win the league. They were really poor, although they clearly came to nick a 1-0 so they won't be too disappointed.

Chuck everyone singing that "up the arse" song. It's not clever or funny, just makes us look awful.

The first half was pretty even though not great, but I think the Pars were the better side in the second half and were a bit unlucky not to win. We certainly had the better of the chances, though a winner at the other end wouldn't have been a travesty either as the gap between the sides on the day wasn't massive.

It's a bit frustrating that we still can't beat Dundee Utd but it's not too bad a point, coming after 3 wins so continuing a reasonable run.

Wonder what those guys were filming throughout the half. At least they've got evidence of 50 or so reprobates shouting Scott McDonald takes it up the arse. Shit game as usual but for a change it's actually quite enjoyable.
Are you POTM? He usually likes to chastise fellow "fans"

Thought AJ got the tactics correct today by sitting off the United central defence and just waiting for them to lump it to us. Really should have won given the chances we created. Is he now realising we need to set ourselves up differently for different teams rather than putting the same style and players out week on week. First sub was correct and tbf to him he wanted the next two on quicker but we were defending corners.

United were awful and started shitting the bed with about ten minutes to go, really don't look like a side with the bottle for a promotion push, big January window for them in my opinion cos that team won't take them up via playoffs by a long stretch.

For any of my regular readers, the turnstiles again seemed sporadic in allowing entry. MUST BE ADDRESSED I SAY!

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The fans in the NW are great at building an atmosphere. They follow the club most weeks, provide great support and tend to be quite funny.

"Takes it up the arse" is rancid. So is calling a guy a "fairy" or a "poof" 

Aye anyone taking part in such chants is an absolute fanny and really need to have a word with themselves. Aside from homophobic stuff being horrible shit and only practised by utter scum, such chat is absolutely terrible 'banter'

Really disappointing to see the majority of home fans in East End Park chanting homophobic abuse today. It's particularly shocking considering how disgusted many of them were regarding eyeball-gate. Their next home match should be behind closed doors.

As for United, we're awful but the Maureens will still bottle it and we will scrape over the line.

Really disappointing to see the majority of home fans in East End Park chanting homophobic abuse today. It's particularly shocking considering how disgusted many of them were regarding eyeball-gate. Their next home match should be behind closed doors.
As for United, we're awful but the Maureens will still bottle it and we will scrape over the line.
"Majority"?
Yep, with you there. I'm sure I heard around 5000 home fans (or near enough) engaging in homophobic abuse!

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Nurse, can i have the same pills please!!

M'Voto won every header today, looking forward to seeing more of him. Talbot was run ragged by McMullan, who looked like the only one who could create anything for United with McDonald.

Cardle and Clark looked fairly dangerous but MOM for McManus today imo. Looked most lively, and put loads of energy into tracking back and helping the midfield.

All in all though, poor game, and wouldn't surprise me if St Mirren ran away with this league after seeing how poor United were today compared to the start of the season.

Wasn’t impressed by how easily United players went to ground yesterday, and the referee would give a foul. How often they were they pulling on M’Voto’s shirt? At one point he should have had a penalty, yet M’Voto got booked after he gets fouled and the ref gives it the other way?!

#justiceformvoto

United are an absolute shitfest of a team.  It’s as if they deliberately play badly to lower the standard of the opposition in a ploy then take advantage! Nearly worked again yesterday.  

Ive seen them three times this season and three times they’ve been awful but still get something out the game.

they remind me of Hibs last year....  St Mirren should not get too carried away, United might yet win this.

Archived