Dunfermline v Dundee Utd. Sat. 13th Jan '18

17 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I thought it was also quite funny that the small section of fans giving homophobic abuse to Scott McDonald also went mental when Stanton stayed on the park after receiving treatment (despite this being in the rules). Something quite ironic about morons clearly not grasping the actual rules of the game. 

Can honestly say I can't remember ever seeing a guy receiving treatment and not having to go over to the touchline.

I'll bow to your knowledge of the rules though as I have no clue.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Madden was particularly awful yesterday, from watching highlights of the Celtic v Rangers games he does he seems to be far less picky and lets play flow as much as possible yesterday he didn't do that at all. I still have no idea what went on when he went over to the Unt player who was lying on the ground after the ball went out for a throw-in, booked Nat then awarded a goal kick is beyond me. Also booking Mvoto was laughable and the foul straight after it in the same place was just the two United players coming together and the linesman had the perfect view. I don't think United went down so easy the last time we played them is this a new thing the manager has brought in? it worked but there was no effective set pieces so it was a bit pointless. Has Scott McDonald always been so sour just running about moaning at the ref and the rest of the players on the pitch. There is no way Dundee United will go up and instead of spending even more money on January if I was the fans and the board I would be urging caution so that you still have football to watch next season. The Pars know a thing or two about having a rich blinkered owner who throws money at everything and trust us it won't work :(

We didn't quite click today but I was impressed with AJs tactics and by not pressing Unt they look awful just lumping the ball about and we counter once they made a mistake which they did time and time again, more of that please but Talbot look exposed and was even worse when Joe came off. Our squad is looking really thin now with we couldn't even make a full bench and had a 17-year-old who has never played at this level, so a CM soon is a must.

As for the folk who sit at the other end of the NW from me I can't comprehend the chant and I did have a word with them but as you would expect it made no difference. I hope action is taken by the club against the individuals. 

45 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye? It's been a rule now for a couple of seasons at least where they stay on the park if they are receiving treatment due to being fouled. 

It’s only if the foul results in the perpetrator being given a yellow or red card.

56 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

But is it not only when the perpetrator gets booked ??

It's at the discretion of the referee.

Happened to us last season with Craig Thomson v Livingston.

Stelios was fouled and the Livingston player was booked.

Stelios was then asked to leave the field after being treated.

Everyone, including our management team, was going ape shit, but it was later pointed out to them by Thomson that they were in the wrong.

I'd like to see some action against the group in the NW that sing the "up the arse chant," but I'm not sure what. Chairman statements will start to lose effect if they're released at every incident, and I'd rather not see them immediately banned because they're generally good for an atmosphere but they need to be told that that chant is piss-poor and in no way funny so passing it off as some kind of banter doesn't bode well at all.

Cue "sticking up for homophobes" comments.

Can't say I know what should have been done about the injured player staying on debate, but I want another look at the back-pass early in the second half. It was a pass, though maybe not intended for the 'keeper, wasn't anything other than a pass. 

1 hour ago, LuoAnLai said:

Have to agree in general with dismay about homophobic chanting, however I think an exception should be made for the Jimmy Hill song at Scotland games. It should be excluded on the grounds of being too random to condemn.

I always thought we were condemning Jimmy Hill because of his standoffish and superior demeanour.  “We hate Jimmy Hill, he’s aloof, he’s aloof”.

Was a really good game yesterday despite it being 0-0. I thought a draw was probably fair in the end. 

Dunfermline, IMO, had the better chances and Harry Lewis made 2 or 3 good stops. 

Declan McManus was the best player om the park for me and was very unlucky not to score. 

Michael Paton had another good game I thought while it was good to get another clean sheet. 

Fraser Aird seemed to cause Flood issues but we didn't get the ball to him enough in the 20 mins he was on, I would say. 

For United, I felt they looked like a team shot of confidence. 

For me, Durnan was the key man defensively - he made a few decisive blocks and challenges, particularly one in the first-half where he put his head on the line to deny McManus who hit a fierce shot which was goal-bound. 

McMullan and to a lesser extent King were good and were the only real creative outlet in the match for Laszlo's side IMO. Williamson done well after his early booking to contain King and really nullify his threat in the second half. 

McMullan's pace was too good for Talbot but Robinson stood up to his efforts to keep us level. 

Emil Lyng looked OK: he was strong and powerful and tried to bustle with Morris and M'Voto but missed a couple of good chances. 

In the end, I would say Dunfermline will be the happier of the two teams. 4 unbeaten in the league with 3 clean sheets in a row is good going considering the run we were on pre-Christmas. 

A big couple of weeks for DU; a win over Alloa might just kick them into gear again but a defeat in the Scottish Cup may ensue disaster at Tannadice. 

My match report can be found, here.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Aye? It's been a rule now for a couple of seasons at least where they stay on the park if they are receiving treatment due to being fouled. 

Isn't that only if the player is booked?  Can't be arsed checking.

Best 0-0 I've been at in some time.

McManus absolutely outstanding, would have scored a hatrick on another day.

Wedderburn, Mvoto, Paton & Robsinson all very good. Aird should have came on much earlier.

Archived