Dunfermline v Dundee Utd. Sat. 13th Jan '18

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hopefully we lose and can subsequently call off the search party for All Star Par. By sheer coincidence he's dropped off the face of the earth at the same time we've won three consecutive games.

Will be a tough game. Falkirk result looks a bit of a freak on paper and we're usually rotten against United. Definitely due a win though and another three points would see our top four hopes very much on track. Would also set up a tasty Friday night on the tele against the Midden. 

Really wasn't a freak. 

Utd have been atrocious on both visits to TFS this season easily the worst team that we have seen there (including ourselves!)

20 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Really wasn't a freak. 

Utd have been atrocious on both visits to TFS this season easily the worst team that we have seen there (including ourselves!)

Under AJ, our record against truly shite teams and part-timers is excellent. Even Ayr beat Hibs last year but we couldn't beat them, Falkirk or Utd yet still finished 5th. Hopefully that 6-1 will be this season's equivalent to Ayr winning at Easter Road last year. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Really wasn't a freak. 

Falkirk winning wasn't bizarre but scoring six and turning into world beaters certainly was. Especially considering you'd only scored six home goals all season before Saturday.

I do believe that Saturday was a blip that hopefully the lads and Csaba will have learned from.

I think that Csaba changed his team to try to shoehorn in the new faces, clearly, none of which were fit to play, nor were up to speed with how we play.

Hopefully a week of ball breaking (nothing less will do) training to get them fitter and more integrated into the team, and playing everyone in their correct positions will bring back a performance more like we would expect.

I am nervous tbf, as losing this game and going potentially 9 points behind Saints (who have an on paper easier tie at Dumbarton)  would be a real concern, even at this early stage, so hopefully the boys will do their best to make up for last week, and do what we usually do against Dunfermline which is win.

0-1 will do me fine.  

After Saints game this is the scoreline I'll be checking to see if last Saturday was just one of those days for United.

Obviously a Dunfermline win suits us best and although it's pretty tasteless I hope United injury problems continue to hamper them.

I do believe that Saturday was a blip that hopefully the lads and Csaba will have learned from.
I think that Csaba changed his team to try to shoehorn in the new faces, clearly, none of which were fit to play, nor were up to speed with how we play.
Hopefully a week of ball breaking (nothing less will do) training to get them fitter and more integrated into the team, and playing everyone in their correct positions will bring back a performance more like we would expect.
I am nervous tbf, as losing this game and going potentially 9 points behind Saints (who have an on paper easier tie at Dumbarton)  would be a real concern, even at this early stage, so hopefully the boys will do their best to make up for last week, and do what we usually do against Dunfermline which is win.
0-1 will do me fine.  

Genuine question for United fans...

Having watched our lot getting pumped 4-1 tonight, after Saturdays 6-1 win, and also watching Lazlo after the game, do you think there may be an issue behind the scenes with the new manager?

Seemed strange at times how easy it was for us to bully our way to victory after seeing us look as bad as ever again tonight.

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Genuine question for United fans...

Having watched our lot getting pumped 4-1 tonight, after Saturdays 6-1 win, and also watching Lazlo after the game, do you think there may be an issue behind the scenes with the new manager?

Seemed strange at times how easy it was for us to bully our way to victory after seeing us look as bad as ever again tonight.

Our team is full of wee flowers and someones told our goalie if he touches the ball his family will be murdered.

If you get in about our team they fall to bits instantly. About as mentally tough as watery custard.

Without our 3 best players (Yes, we are so poor that Durnan is one of our best now) its no wonder we more or less threw the towel in after we lost the second goal. We havent come back from a goal down for what feels like years now.

I think the interview showed the reality of our shortcomings smacking Csaba full on in the face for the first time.

Hopefully this week hes roasted them and we get a thunderous reaction from the team.

Archived