Dunfermline v Dundee Utd. Sat. 13th Jan '18

The 6-1 means fek all going into to this game. Twice Falkirk have come to East End this season and twice Nat Wedderburn, the man many Utd fans cite as the worst player they've seen, has bossed and bullied them. Proper men v boys stuff. Incredible to think the team we saw just a few days ago could beat anyone 6-1, such was their lack of potency and their painfully slow build-up.

The last meeting between the sides up at Tannadice was one of the earliest signs AJ was prepared to deviate from his rigid 4-4-2. We've stumbled on this sort of 4-3-3 (and I'd only half-jokingly call it a 7-0-3) and it has brought 9 points from the last 9. Successive clean sheets and goals from all of the forwards in the last couple of games could mean the same again from Pars. It suits the players we have available and gives us probably 4 decent options from the bench too. 

United are the only team we've not beaten since getting back into this league. Could be a huge lift for us if we can grind something out here. Joe Cardle looks like he's getting into one of his unplayable (rather than anonymous) spells.  Everyone knows what he's going to do - stopping him doing it is another matter. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought I'd say this, but I can't see any reason for dropping M'Voto for Morris. Though that's harsh on the latter. Get Shiels and Paton to play like they did in the first half yesterday and let Wedderburn take care of that arse-faced weasel Flood. We just need someone staying out wider on the right when Williamson has the ball, he needs help in attack. 

Probably the most optimistic I've felt leading up to a Dundee United game, but we'll need to put in a decent shift to take anything from this, got a feeling the Arabs will say otherwise though. 

0-3 DUFC. 

Taking nothing away from an obviously good performance from falkirk, I think Utd had a seriously off day yesterday and, we will likely  suffer the backlash from this. 

A draw would be a great result imo. 

We're hopeless against the Arabs. We always make them look like world beaters when we're more than capable of giving them a game. 

Probably a 2-0 defeat here. 

Will we be seeing a right back Flood again? 

Never thought I'd say this but quite looking forward to seeing Robinson & M'Voto in action. We never do well against this mob though but think the luck might be on our side this time. I'll go 2-0 Pars. Goals from Cardle & McManus. 

Hopefully we lose and can subsequently call off the search party for All Star Par. By sheer coincidence he's dropped off the face of the earth at the same time we've won three consecutive games.

Will be a tough game. Falkirk result looks a bit of a freak on paper and we're usually rotten against United. Definitely due a win though and another three points would see our top four hopes very much on track. Would also set up a tasty Friday night on the tele against the Midden. 

15 hours ago, Young gun said:

When is the Queen of South game being played?

Won’t be until after the 4th round of the Cup on 20 Jan. If both teams knocked out, it’ll most likely be played on Sat 10 Feb. Otherwise it’ll depend on replay dates. So possibly 30 Jan at the earliest.

20th of August 2011 last time we beat Utd in any competition, 11 matches since then. Atrocious, a win is clearly long overdue and they are actually not that good... fingers crossed.

Archived