Stay Classy Sinn Fein

How are the latest talks going? Did the new NI sec (Bradley, isn't it?) set a deadline or just playing it by ear?

Surely, they will have another an election rather than go to direct rule - if nothing can be agreed? It'll be about a year or so now since the election, isn't it?

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Kejan said:

How are the latest talks going? Did the new NI sec (Bradley, isn't it?) set a deadline or just playing it by ear?

Surely, they will have another an election rather than go to direct rule - if nothing can be agreed? It'll be about a year or so now since the election, isn't it?

Cheers.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment do you really think that the views are really any less intrenched?  Another election would be an exercise in futility.

Haven't been following closely, but I suspect Stormont is a goner until the dust settles on Brexit and the DUP are no longerpropping up the Tories at Westminster. Suspect SF will be happy to wait a few years with an eye to having Jeremy Corbyn doing the negotiating with them especially if they keep getting paid to do nothing.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment do you really think that the views are really any less intrenched?  Another election would be an exercise in futility.

I guess not, and I think if there was an election, it would probably mirror last year's one (results wise). 

Just seems the British government have been willing to give this  situation a lot more time than expected. Weren't many in NI expecting direct rule by autumn last year, if no deal agreed? 

29 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Cheers.

She set a "milestone", next Tuesday I think. (Or maybe the Tuesday after.)

12 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Doesn’t everyone JG? I never go anywhere without mine in the boot!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42948310

So that's allright, then.

I wonder if he would have coughed up had he not been recorded? Although I'm sure there is some way that the clamping company knows what car is clamped, so if they land back and find a clamp but no car attached to it, they'll know where to go. Or maybe where not to go, in Kelly's case.