Stay Classy Sinn Fein

2 hours ago, sjc said:

With which foot though?.....

Obviously the left foot  considering who won the seats.

I heard a vox pop from Ardoyne on the radio yesterday getting the reaction to Finucan's win, cringeworthy stuff "They had somebody sticking up for them, now we've somebody for us" was one of the highlights.

Dodds, to the best of my knowledge, worked for any member of his constituency who asked him, and Finucane's not going to be taking his seat.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

Obviously the left foot  considering who won the seats.
I heard a vox pop from Ardoyne on the radio yesterday getting the reaction to Finucan's win, cringeworthy stuff "They had somebody sticking up for them, now we've somebody for us" was one of the highlights.
Dodds, to the best of my knowledge, worked for any member of his constituency who asked him, and Finucane's not going to be taking his seat.
It's why they lost in Foyle - nationalists realising that you still need to be instead the tent.

Utter humping there and SF deserved it.

Great result for the Pan Nationalist Front in North Down. Probably even more historic than North Belfast. Lady Hermon was elected in the first place as the widow of the top dog in the RUC rather than some dodgy liberal Remainer snowflake Lady Lundy she turned out to be. Admit i never saw Alliance winning that.

Less than 2000 votes in it in East Belfast. The Fat Lady was close to singing. To my knowledge Gavin Robinson DUP didn't thank God or sing a hymn after the count. He might need to be watched.

What was going on up in East Londonderry? Our Gregory and co with just under 50% of the vote. Coleraine will be a border town at this rate.

Sore one for Nigel in North Belfast but he know it was coming one day. Plenty of time now to learn the old language sitting on his erse.

Is this future arriving just as the Protestant Parliament for a Protestant People celebrates it's 100 years centenary?

What date again did that Stat Trek episode mention?

10 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Great result for the Pan Nationalist Front in North Down. Probably even more historic than North Belfast. Lady Hermon was elected in the first place as the widow of the top dog in the RUC rather than some dodgy liberal Remainer snowflake Lady Lundy she turned out to be. Admit i never saw Alliance winning that.

Less than 2000 votes in it in East Belfast. The Fat Lady was close to singing. To my knowledge Gavin Robinson DUP didn't thank God or sing a hymn after the count. He might need to be watched.

What was going on up in East Londonderry? Our Gregory and co with just under 50% of the vote. Coleraine will be a border town at this rate.

Sore one for Nigel in North Belfast but he know it was coming one day. Plenty of time now to learn the old language sitting on his erse.

Is this future arriving just as the Protestant Parliament for a Protestant People celebrates it's 100 years centenary?

What date again did that Stat Trek episode mention?

"Stop Brexit, Stop Boris", Shirley?

That would explain why she got elected 5 times.

Union's safe for a wee while yet, then...

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"Stop Brexit, Stop Boris", Shirley?

That would explain why she got elected 5 times.

Union's safe for a wee while yet, then...

Union is safe even with the Brexiteers falling over backwards to sell out the place faster than the North of England working class turning Tory. More likely the place will become more and more Irish in time rather than looking like an Ayrshire theme park. 

Linfield for the Sam?

Edited by Tutankhamen
Laughter

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You are aware that the Alliance Party is basically the pro-Sunningdale faction of the UUP in historical terms?

Could go back further and say the Ulster Liberals and the New Ireland Movement. Or go forward and see the son of an ex INLA commander elected as an Belfast Alliance councillor.

Pan Nationalist Front probably isn't too far fetched if seen through the eyes of Arlene Foster.

Btw, if Arlene was a football manager she should be starting to look out her contract. You can only lose so often.

9 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Btw, if Arlene was a football manager she should be starting to look out her contract. You can only lose so often.

Knives out.

The botched handling of the party’s unprecedented and unlikely-to-be-repeated influence at Westminster stands out and is the root of the current predicament. Seemingly more interested in engaging in ritual humiliation of Theresa May over the Brexit backstop, the party passed up the opportunity for a UK-wide customs union and regulatory alignment for photo opportunities on the Commons terrace with Arron Banks.Now they have been furnished with the dreaded “border down the sea” and are powerless to stop it. 

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/constitution/analysis/108564/analysis-dups-disappointing-election-night-means-its-time

31 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:
Union is safe even with the Brexiteers falling over backwards to sell out the place faster than the North of England working class turning Tory. More likely the place will become more and more Irish in time rather than looking like an Ayrshire theme park. 
Linfield for the Sam?

Sam McGuire?

Better that than a Sam Brown, don't you think?