Stay Classy Sinn Fein

28 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

How are the "pacts" likely to affect the voting here and in north belfast?

On 27/11/2019 at 08:16, Jacksgranda said:

I don't know but here's what I think - 1/ North Belfast: I think Dodds will hang on

2/ Foyle: SF hold

3/ East Belfast: Naomi Long's in with a shout, but I think Robimson might just edge it.

4/ South Belfast' The remainers will maybe split their vote and Emma Little-Pengelly will keep her seat, otherwise an SDLP gain

5/Fermanagh and South TYrone: I think the Sinn Fein machine will get their vote out and hold on

and 6/ North Down: DUP gain

We'll see how Mystic Granda fares out in a fortnight or so!

Talking to a mate of mine tonight and this is what he thinks

I don't know but here's what I think - 1/ North Belfast: I think Dodds will hang on

2/ Foyle: SF hold SDLP gain

3/ East Belfast: Naomi Long's in with a shout, but I think Robimson might just edge it.

4/ South Belfast' The remainers will maybe split their vote and Emma Little-Pengelly will keep her seat, otherwise an SDLP gain SDLP gain

5/Fermanagh and South TYrone: I think the Sinn Fein machine will get their vote out and hold on

and 6/ North Down: DUP gain

Paisley's still there and ready for more expenses paid holidays from Sri Lanka. It was Emma Little Pengelly that also went around the u-bend in electoral terms. Surprising how efficiently the pro-Remain electorate in North Down were at getting behind Alliance rather than the UUP and good to see Alliance get into Westminster again to provide a voice of sanity amongst all the various flavours of nationalism/unionism.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I don't know but here's what I think - 1/ North Belfast: I think Dodds will hang on WRONG 

2/ Foyle: SF hold WRONG

3/ East Belfast: Naomi Long's in with a shout, but I think Robimson might just edge it. RIGHT

4/ South Belfast' The remainers will maybe split their vote and Emma Little-Pengelly will keep her seat, otherwise an SDLP gain RIGHT

5/Fermanagh and South TYrone: I think the Sinn Fein machine will get their vote out and hold on RIGHT (by 57 votes!)

and 6/ North Down: DUP gain WRONG

50% - not that great.

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Conor Murphy not sounding too confident on Radio Ulster about North Belfast and Foyle. Maybe just playing it canny. All will be revealed in due course.

He was right about that...