Stay Classy Sinn Fein

16 hours ago, gannonball said:

I think they target those who have been registered with the GAA do they not? Bit of a nothing article really as I could imagine him being even more pissed off if they were asking every young player going to pledge their allegiance to them. Can’t really blame anyone for wanting to play for an actual proper country.*

*Joking**

**Not really joking.

What a surprise you're a plastic Paddy.  Astonishing.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

What a surprise you're a plastic Paddy.  Astonishing.

Well Despite spending most my life in Scotland I was born in Ireland so not that plastic really. Not massively fussed about international football although after the referendum Scotland can equally be seen as as much of a bullshit country as N.Ireland. 

38 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Well Despite spending most my life in Scotland I was born in Ireland so not that plastic really. Not massively fussed about international football although after the referendum Scotland can equally be seen as as much of a bullshit country as N.Ireland. 

Bullshit.  Plastic. And Celtic are a bullshit team, as plastic as it gets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

From Northern Ireland in the United Kingdom under what is effectively direct rule with a hard border potentially imminent, so all the murder and mayhem he helped unleash achieved what exactly?

Gerry Adams is a millionaire and Martin McGuiness got to go to Buckingham Palace.

On 12/06/2019 at 20:28, Detournement said:

Gerry Adams is a millionaire and Martin McGuiness got to go to Buckingham Palace.

Did he?

Meanwhile our Seamus lies in Milltown Cemetery, but at least he's on the roll of honour.

• 2 months later...

This might be interesting - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49534762

O'Dowd is one of the few Sinn Fein spokesmen that doesn't make me want to throw up/switch off the radio/change tv channels

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

23 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

This might be interesting - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49534762

O'Dowd is one of the few Sinn Fein spokesmen that doesn't make me want to throw up/switch off the radio/change tv channels

The bits I've heard/seen of him, he comes across very well especially regarding the Kingsmill stuff. Could be a good candidate to ''mature'' SF.

There's a very decent podcast called Shared Ireland - interviews with a wide section of Irish (north and south) people regarding the future etc. It's not just a SF talking-shop and the likes of David Norris, Mike Nesbit, Jeffrey ''crystal clear'' Donaldson have been on it. Notice the most recent episode is O'Dowd - so will give it a go.

What's the latest again? If no, power-sharing by end of Sept? Then gay marriage and abortion will be legal in NI thanks to Westminister?

12 minutes ago, Kejan said:

The bits I've heard/seen of him, he comes across very well especially regarding the Kingsmill stuff. Could be a good candidate to ''mature'' SF.

There's a very decent podcast called Shared Ireland - interviews with a wide section of Irish (north and south) people regarding the future etc. It's not just a SF talking-shop and the likes of David Norris, Mike Nesbit, Jeffrey ''crystal clear'' Donaldson have been on it. Notice the most recent episode is O'Dowd - so will give it a go.

What's the latest again? If no, power-sharing by end of Sept? Then gay marriage and abortion will be legal in NI thanks to Westminister?

That's my understanding of it.

31 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

@Kejan You might want to listen to Radio Ulster's Talkback from today - the bit after 1.00 pm discusses O'Dowd's candidature. The old guard are rattled, according to one of the contributors.

Cheers, JG ; I'll give it a listen.

• 2 weeks later...

Most people would laugh at somebody arguing that Marisa Tomei deserved an oscar for My Cousin Vinny or that the Russian Army did not intervene directly in the Donbass back in 2014, so why do they still need a former Provo to convince them on something as blindingly obvious as Gerry Adams...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-49718168

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Most people would laugh at somebody arguing that Marisa Tomei deserved an oscar for My Cousin Vinny or that the Russian Army did not intervene directly in the Donbass back in 2014, so why do they still need a former Provo to convince them on something as blindingly obvious as Gerry Adams...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-49718168

It's of neither side's interests that the blindingly obvious becomes undeniable, it would put the British side who negotiated with him in an awkward position, who knew full well what he was.