Stay Classy Sinn Fein

1 hour ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

So far he's pretty much got away with it then, 3 months off with pay.... poor show from Sinn Fein, 

Their core following will have no problem whatsoever with what he did, so they were always going to be reluctant to do any more than they felt they absolutely had to for PR reasons. To paraphrase Newton Emerson on the Portadown News website many years ago, After first wiping off most of the blood, Gerry Adams extended the hand of friendship to NI's Unionist community...

23 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Verge of tears because your children and grandchildren will live in a united Ireland

#unlucky

My daughter resides in Northern Ireland  thanks, as does my granddaughter. :thumsup2

By the way, Viking Ton rang - he wants to know when he can have his absolutely tragic patter back.

3 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

My daughter resides in Northern Ireland  thanks, as does my granddaughter. :thumsup2

Good for them, I'm delighted that they will be enjoying the benefits of living in the Republic of Ireland in short order.

You guys really need to get passed this "Troubles" pish. Increasingly no one gives a shit who did what decades ago.

We all see you desperately trying to flag it up at every opportunity as a United Ireland becomes mainstream opinion in the republic, in the north and in London.

It's absolutely inevitable now that it happens within the next few years and it would be better now for you to begin to deal with this by looking forward not back.

Good for them, I'm delighted that they will be enjoying the benefits of living in the Republic of Ireland in short order.
You guys really need to get passed this "Troubles" pish. Increasingly no one gives a shit who did what decades ago.
We all see you desperately trying to flag it up at every opportunity as a United Ireland becomes mainstream opinion in the republic, in the north and in London.
It's absolutely inevitable now that it happens within the next few years and it would be better now for you to begin to deal with this by looking forward not back.

Have to agree with this. No one outside NI or parts of West of Scotland gives a shite about the place. Just see it as part of Ireland. People from NI residing in Britain are referred to as Irish. And quite right too.

32 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Have to agree with this. No one outside NI or parts of West of Scotland gives a shite about the place. Just see it as part of Ireland. People from NI residing in Britain are referred to as Irish. And quite right too.

But we know what's best for them.

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

After 400 years I'd say they've got the right to have an equal say.

Are you suggesting they don't?

I don't think anyone on here or even Sinn Fein themselves advocate a united Ireland without a democratic vote .

The people of Ireland know what's best for them and increasingly they realise that is a an agreed, united Ireland.

Those who want to fight the battles of the past are increasingly marginalised and rightly so.

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

...It's absolutely inevitable now that it happens within the next few years...

Dream on. You must be at the wind up with this as you seem too intelligent to really believe that. No way it happens in a timeline of under 20 years and even after that it's no sure thing. There have been numbers as low as 3% support in NI for UI happening straight away in surveys on the subject this decade and a soft Brexit as Theresa May now appears to have pledged will happen could easily create an environment again where it stays a long term aspiration for a lot of people that they never quite get around to actually doing with NI stumbling on out of force of habit Belgium style. Beyond that the Tim Pat Coogan types always neglect to mention how migration in and out of NI cancels out much of the demographic effect of differences in birth rates, so Ulster isn't quite as doomed as some bloggers would like you to believe.

. A UI has always been mainstream opinion in the republic although, when I lived in Dublin in the 1990's, the folks there appeared not to give an airborne intercourse in general.

Would agree with this tbh. My cousins in the Republic couldn't really care, think it would be a massive financial and sectarian burden. In fact if there was an all Ireland referendum some might vote against it for economic reasons. I would like to see it and Brexit does give it a greater sense of inevitability.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42657458

A bit of honesty - from both O'Dowd and then Poots (regarding getting the Executive going).

ETA: I didn't know that John O'Dowd was related to the O'Dowds murdered just prior to the Kingsmill massacre.

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 10 January 2018 at 19:49, LongTimeLurker said:

Dream on. You must be at the wind up with this as you seem too intelligent to really believe that. No way it happens in a timeline of under 20 years and even after that it's no sure thing. There have been numbers as low as 3% support in NI for UI happening straight away in surveys on the subject this decade and a soft Brexit as Theresa May now appears to have pledged will happen could easily create an environment again where it stays a long term aspiration for a lot of people that they never quite get around to actually doing with NI stumbling on out of force of habit Belgium style. Beyond that the Tim Pat Coogan types always neglect to mention how migration in and out of NI cancels out much of the demographic effect of differences in birth rates, so Ulster isn't quite as doomed as some bloggers would like you to believe.

ffs LLL, just write No Surrender.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42657458
A bit of honesty - from both O'Dowd and then Poots (regarding getting the Executive going).
ETA: I didn't know that John O'Dowd was related to the O'Dowds murdered just prior to the Kingsmill massacre.

Are they related to Boy George (né O’Dowd)?

On 10/01/2018 at 16:03, invergowrie arab said:

Think you'll find it's "a fleg"