Stay Classy Sinn Fein

19 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Nobody was buying the lame apology so now his fellow balaclava wearers belatedly throw him under the bus. Guess he'll be standing as an Independent Republican candidate next time around. 

It's quite possible he'll ride this out - after all, if IRA men can be elected despite commiting murder, someone who "only" mocks murder shouldn't have much to worry about 

However, if he is deselected, I can't see him running as an independent for the Westminster seat, maybe at council/Stormont level.

Mr McElduff is set to meet Sinn Féin leaders on Monday afternoon.

Mr Kearney said the meeting would be an opportunity for the party leadership to record its "very serious disapproval" of the situation and discuss the "serious fall-out".

He'd better hope they don't send Gary Donnelly round for a "chat" 

copyright Donaldson family Image caption Denis Donaldson was shot dead in April 2006

A well-known dissident republican and Derry City and Strabane district councillor has been arrested over the murder of ex-Sinn Féin member turned British agent Denis Donaldson.

Gary Donnelly, an independent councillor, was arrested in County Donegal on Sunday afternoon.

20 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

When was the last time a  unionist MP came out with something similar?

May have left an open goal here...

I think both sides tend to do the atrocity levelling up thing, 

"Kingsmill was dreadful"

"Ah yes but what about Bloody Sunday"

And so on.

No doubt part of the Shinners response in all this will be a mention of some mass murderer suffered by the Nationalist community which hasn't been fully recognised  by the British government.

To be fair I can't remember any Unionist or in all honesty any republican mocking something in this manner before,not openly anyway, how properly upset they are is what I would question and certainly I think  they'll be far more selective in which ones they are truly upset about... your average Unionist politician is  likely to be more upset about kingsmill than Sean Graham and vice versa with republicans .maybe I'm being cynical here .

On 1/7/2018 at 10:59, Jacksgranda said:

Rather than start another "whataboutery" thread, I'd already posted this in the DUP thread - surprisingly enough, no reaction.

If Sammy Wilson had sauntered down the Ormeau Road waving a can of Five Alive as he  went by Sean Graham's,on the anniversary of that heinous crime, all the while tweeting it, it would have been highlighted here immediately.

Barry McElduff used to be the Stephen NolanShow 's go to republican mouthpiece, he prefaced ever remark/answer with "As an Irish Republican..."

I always took him as a bit of a clown -"playing the class clown", as the SDLP MLA is quoted in the article - but he's obviously a horrible little shit on a par with Gerry Kelly and others.

I've started listening to Talkback  - stumbled upon it by accident and quite enjoy it ; one of the best political programs, IMO and the presenter is very good - so I'm starting to get to know go-to's from political parties. Who would you say is half decent in SF? John O'Dowd to me always comes across pretty well, albeit in the very little snippets I've heard from him.

I like Claire Hanna, Nicola Mallon too from the SDLP. Nesbitt in the UUP seems reasonable as well, a shame that more people didn't see through the bollocks in last year's election and didn't vote a SDLP/UUP/Green/Alliance government?

Nelson McAusland, Gregory Campbell, Jeffrey Donaldson all seem about 40 years behind the times of their beloved United Kingdom.

Edited by Kejan

3 minutes ago, Kejan said:

I've started listening to Talkback  - stumbled upon it by accident and quite enjoy it ; one of the best political programs, IMO and the presenter is very good - so I'm starting to get to know go-to's from political parties. Who would you say is half decent in SF? John O'Dowd to me always comes across pretty well, albeit in the very little snippets I've heard from him.

I like Claire Hanna, Nicola Mallon too from the SDLP. Nesbitt in the UUP seems reasonable as well, a shame that more people didn't see through the bollocks in last year's election and didn't vote a SDLP/UUP/Green/Alliance government?

Nelson McAusland, Gregory Campbell, Jeffrey Donaldson all seem about 40 years behind the times of their beloved United Kingdom.

1/ William Crawley talks too much and plays a ridiculous amount of music - he's not the one that's supposed to be talking back, it's the guests/audience.

2/ I wouldn't say any of them are half decent, particularly after this weekend's carryon, but I suppose you mean which ones I can listen too without wanting to throw up? I suppose John O'Dowd would get the nod.

The 2 SDLP women come across well, but what have they actually achieved? I don't think the UUP have a decent speaker other than Mike Nesbitt, but I think they try to keep him off air in case he undermines current leader Robin Swann

Nelson McCausland must have the dirt on the BBC political department, he's wheeled out at every opportunity, he's not even a councillor any more, far less an MLA

I think both sides tend to do the atrocity levelling up thing, 

"Kingsmill was dreadful"

"Ah yes but what about Bloody Sunday"

And so on.

No doubt part of the Shinners response in all this will be a mention of some mass murderer suffered by the Nationalist community which hasn't been fully recognised  by the British government.

To be fair I can't remember any Unionist or in all honesty any republican mocking something in this manner before,not openly anyway, how properly upset they are is what I would question and certainly I think  they'll be far more selective in which ones they are truly upset about... your average Unionist politician is  likely to be more upset about kingsmill than Sean Graham and vice versa with republicans .maybe I'm being cynical here .

Pearce Doherty is ok

29 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Radio Ulster isn't a bad listen for many things,as I rapidly descend into auld c**t territory I've found myself listening to it more and more...

In all honesty I'd struggle to name a politician from either SinnFein or the DUP that I'd listen to for any great period,there used to be a young  SF guy called Cahal something who although had a highly slappable coupon was almost bearable to listen to,I've had the misfortune of meeting Gregory Campbell through work and may I say his public persona is believe it or not more likeable than off camera, total cock of a man.

The Alliance party mob are a reasonable type but seem to end every point they make with the phrase equality  for all members of our community which after a while becomes a little bland in all honesty.

Absolutely sickening, but not in the least surprising. None of the usual suspects on here will condemn it as it doesn't fit their simplistic Union Jack Red Hand bad Tricolour Saltire good mindset.

This was a good post.