Stay Classy Sinn Fein

Good to see Barry McElduff representing ALL of his constituents. A hate filled James Hunt of a man.

5a51f72ca5b9b_Noclass.png.c73995407d834b1bf5d186fb7d02fa83.png

For anyone wondering what the Kingsmill connection is,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsmill_massacre

I think the fact that he is claiming he didn't intend any offence is more insulting than his actions. Then again, my expectations of this utter g0bshite of a man are pretty low, so I'm not particularly surprised.

Rather than start another "whataboutery" thread, I'd already posted this in the DUP thread - surprisingly enough, no reaction.

If Sammy Wilson had sauntered down the Ormeau Road waving a can of Five Alive as he  went by Sean Graham's,on the anniversary of that heinous crime, all the while tweeting it, it would have been highlighted here immediately.

Barry McElduff used to be the Stephen NolanShow 's go to republican mouthpiece, he prefaced ever remark/answer with "As an Irish Republican..."

I always took him as a bit of a clown -"playing the class clown", as the SDLP MLA is quoted in the article - but he's obviously a horrible little shit on a par with Gerry Kelly and others.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:26, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Nothing to do with whataboutery here - just the cold hard facts pointing to Barry being a hate filled chunt who thinks it is appropriate to mock one of NI's worst sectarian killings.

I wasn't accusing you of whataboutery, I was pre-empting the usual republican fan boys.  

I can remember Kingsmill (unfortunately I can remember nearly all the atrocities) and it was another dreadful, dreadful day.

Edited by Jacksgranda

21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I wasn't accusing you of whataboutery, I was pre-empting the usual republican fan boys.  

I can remember Kingsmills (unfortunately I can remember nearly all the atrocities) and it was another dreadful, dreadful day.

I wasn't accusing you of accusing me, I was merely setting the ground before the aforementioned rebel fanboys appeared.

How's that for whataboutery?

I too can remember these  atrocities clearly, and they were ALL wrong, no matter who did them, but some were particularly heinous, and Kingsmill was one that falls into that category.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Absolutely sickening, but not in the least surprising. None of the usual suspects on here will condemn it as it doesn't fit their simplistic Union Jack Red Hand bad Tricolour Saltire good mindset.

On ILF, people from all sides/teams/backgrounds are condemning it.

Absolutely sickening, but not in the least surprising. None of the usual suspects on here will condemn it as it doesn't fit their simplistic Union Jack Red Hand bad Tricolour Saltire good mindset.

What a load of shite. This stuff happens on both sides, and rightly should be condemned. You realise your writing above actually promotes a them vs us culture. Disappointing

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Rather than start another "whataboutery" thread

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What a load of shite. This stuff happens on both sides, and rightly should be condemned. You realise your writing above actually promotes a them vs us culture. Disappointing

When was the last time a  unionist MP came out with something similar?

May have left an open goal here...

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

When was the last time a  unionist MP came out with something similar?

May have left an open goal here...

I wouldn't know if a Unionist MP had ever or would ever come out celebrating the murder of people allegedly as a result of their faith. The open goal is that such a scenario is coming closer as people move ever more readily to the election of anti-Islamist representatives. It's a move away from Protestant and Catholic but with similar extreme motivation. 

There are a lot of independence supporters on here - many (most) are focused on Scotland and will let Ireland manage its own arguments. There is now an inbuilt link between Scotland and Ireland because of the border and Brexit. Few of us are minded to forget Miliband ranting about soldiers manning the border at Gretna - some way removed from the language being used now for Ireland. Some of us - me anyway - are maybe a tad pissed off that the language is different because of what's happened in the past in Ireland. Implication - it's ok to come out with bollocks  on Scotland because they've not kicked off and bombed the shite out each other in the last 45 years. 

For the avoidance of doubt, the boy in the article is a moron. For the further avoidance of doubt, using "rebel" terminology to describe people on here is pish patter.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Bit of a shiter when your two realistic options are voting for terrorist lovers who think gay people are equal or dinosaurs who think gay people are as conceptually valid as, erm, the dinosaurs.

There's plenty of other parties to vote for, we just don't vote for them.

I doubt many people's first thoughts when they go to mark their X/1,2,3, is "Which of the DUP/SF are gay rights' advocates. 

']]'http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42596332,,

1 hour ago, HTG said:

I wouldn't know if a Unionist MP had ever or would ever come out celebrating the murder of people allegedly as a result of their faith. The open goal is that such a scenario is coming closer as people move ever more readily to the election of anti-Islamist representatives. It's a move away from Protestant and Catholic but with similar extreme motivation. 

There are a lot of independence supporters on here - many (most) are focused on Scotland and will let Ireland manage its own arguments. There is now an inbuilt link between Scotland and Ireland because of the border and Brexit. Few of us are minded to forget Miliband ranting about soldiers manning the border at Gretna - some way removed from the language being used now for Ireland. Some of us - me anyway - are maybe a tad pissed off that the language is different because of what's happened in the past in Ireland. Implication - it's ok to come out with bollocks  on Scotland because they've not kicked off and bombed the shite out each other in the last 45 years. 

For the avoidance of doubt, the boy in the article is a moron. For the further avoidance of doubt, using "rebel" terminology to describe people on here is pish patter.

I used it to specifically describe SF/IRA apologists, not people on here in general.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There's plenty of other parties to vote for, we just don't vote for them.

I doubt many people's first thoughts when they go to mark their X/1,2,3, is "Which of the DUP/SF are gay rights' advocates. 

']]'http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42596332,,

Why does nobody vote for them? Why was Sinn Fein making gay marriage a red line for negotiations last year that big a deal?

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Why does nobody vote for them? Why was Sinn Fein making gay marriage a red line for negotiations last year that big a deal?

Fear of themmuns getting in largely. That doesn't make it right, but it is the major reason. Gay marriage is no big deal as far as I am concerned. Incidentally, this is a huge red herring as subsequent break downs in talks have proven. SF do not appear to want to return to government just yet.

Back to the topic of the thread now.

Edited by Audaces Fortuna Juvat

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Maybe Gerry Adams is ready to come out? SF had a whole pile of "red lines" none of which were a problem during the course of the previous administration.

5 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Fear of themmuns getting in largely. That doesn't make it right, but it is the major reason. Gay marriage is no big deal as far as I am concerned. Incidentally, this is a huge red herring as subsequent break downs in talks have proven. SF do not appear to want to return to government just yet.

Back to the topic of the thread now.

The man's 99% chance a total c**t, and everyone agrees. Not much of a topic. I thought the main sticking block in negotiations was the Irish language issue. Have I been misled by the anti Unionist MSM? Genuine question from an ignorant onlooker.