Inverness v Queens

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/01/2018 at 22:03, Monkey Tennis said:

It means that our circumstances aren't great, but we can't do a great deal to alter them.

I'm not thrilled about it, but I'd imagine he's right.

But to say that and bar a couple of injuries he's created the situation, not to have a decent back up keeper backfired looking at the highlights at least 2 of this goals should have been saved.

He's also let experienced players leave ,surely there's experienced defenders that could be brought in on loan.

I've a sneaking fancy Dom Thomas will be returning soon 

29 minutes ago, Besty said:

But to say that and bar a couple of injuries he's created the situation, not to have a decent back up keeper backfired looking at the highlights at least 2 of this goals should have been saved.

He's also let experienced players leave ,surely there's experienced defenders that could be brought in on loan.

I've a sneaking fancy Dom Thomas will be returning soon 

Why are you bothered? You’re not a Queens fan, so can only assume your anti-Naysmith agenda is fuelled by personal reasons. Is it not about time you changed “My team” to Dunfermline? Once you have done that, you will be free to comment. Whilst you are still pretending to be a Queens fan, nobody is remotely interested in your comments or helping you with your campaign.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Jeezo.

Keeper should definitely have saved the second one. The last player the ball passed was about 7 yards out and it was hardly a thunderbolt. Third, not so sure, but again it wasn’t that hard a shot. Looks like Kane was all over the shop for the first.

Aye that's right lets blame young Leighfield.

Irrespective of whether or not you blame the young keeper, all three ICT goals were quite soft.  Interesting to see the ICT 14, Oakley, standing on the line and blocking/putting pressure on  Leighfield at corners.  Fairly sure,  ICT would be primed to use all the old pro tricks on a young GKer and defence. 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Why are you bothered? You’re not a Queens fan, so can only assume your anti-Naysmith agenda is fuelled by personal reasons. Is it not about time you changed “My team” to Dunfermline? Once you have done that, you will be free to comment. Whilst you are still pretending to be a Queens fan, nobody is remotely interested in your comments or helping you with your campaign.

Oooh who got out the wrong side of the bed today? "Mr not so flash"but lots of brash.

Who said I'm bothered just simply stating an opinion and giving you some possible transfer news,

Personally I think Naysmith is doing a great job with what he has at the club,unfortunately it's self inflicted 

If it makes you angry don't read my posts 

41 minutes ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Irrespective of whether or not you blame the young keeper, all three ICT goals were quite soft.  Interesting to see the ICT 14, Oakley, standing on the line and blocking/putting pressure on  Leighfield at corners.  Fairly sure,  ICT would be primed to use all the old pro tricks on a young GKer and defence. 

That's exactly what I'd say to the players with a young keeper in goals.

2 goals conceded via a corner and the other via a cross. That's a REAL shock.

The first one Kane loses his man.

The second one. Well as DD says above, had Martin been in goal he'd be getting absolutely slaughtered for it. That's all I'll say on that goal.

The third it's unlucky on Mercer. These things happen. We should have been able to deal with it after that anyway. No one picks up the runner unfortunately.

Our goal Mercer does really well. That's a superb cross and Bell gets up well.

I would love to know the stats on how many goals we've conceded from corners and crosses since GN has come in. It really is ridiculously laughable how poor we are at dealing with them.

17 minutes ago, Besty said:

Oooh who got out the wrong side of the bed today? "Mr not so flash"but lots of brash.

Who said I'm bothered just simply stating an opinion and giving you some possible transfer news,

Personally I think Naysmith is doing a great job with what he has at the club,unfortunately it's self inflicted 

If it makes you angry don't read my posts 

Your comments mean absolutely nothing to me. 

Why are you still pretending to be a Queens fan? We established last season that you aren’t. You follow whoever Robinson is playing for. So, change “My team” to “Other” or “Dunfermline” and there will be no issue.

We really dominated the first half and deserved to be ahead by two goals although Queens came back into it at the start of the second we thankfully managed to keep them out and bag the killer third goal.

Connor Bell who yet again put in a tremendous shift across the front line yesterday. Doran and Bell seem to be permitted to switch sides seemingly at random and float all across the forward line supporting Oakley and when you see our third goal it all stems from some incredibly tenacious hold up play from Bell who works hard to get the ball, retain possession before he plays in Polworth to set up Doran. People slag off Baird so much because of his finishing, justified to an extent, but the work rate from Baird and Bell has been so important to the team as we defend from the front. With Doran still working his way up to full fitness again and Baird out of the side at present it's great to see Bell not shirk the additional work he may have to do. Really hope a contract extension is in the minds of the ICT higher ups for the kid. Speaking of Baird why do Queens fans hate him so much?

One minor concern from yesterday was that Gary Warren on three separate occasions was caught on the ball when trying to dribble out of defence and on each occasion Queens had an excellent chance to score a goal with Dobbie missing two sitters.

Archived