Inverness v Queens

Very hard away game there won't be many teams who win in Inverness  .

Hope we get a few of our injured players back for this as we just about had 11 fit players against Livi.

Will probably be Kerr and Kane last game before going back to St Johnstone would be great to end there time with a win but I think best we can get is a draw 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Very hard away game there won't be many teams who win in Inverness  .

Hope we get a few of our injured players back for this as we just about had 11 fit players against Livi.

Will probably be Kerr and Kane last game before going back to St Johnstone would be great to end there time with a win but I think best we can get is a draw 

Yep but our away form is better than our home, have faith. 2-1 Queens.

A third 0-0 PLEASE anything but!!! I've never seen as many in one season - I even recall my first at Palmerston in the mid 60s and that was the first In Dumfries that decade!! Also followed by our first home defeat by Stranraer - is this factually correct OR is it an urban myth/Trump false news. One things for certain: it'll get the factos working it out. Save me the bother!!!

Back in the Paterson days when we were good we went 160 games without a 0-0. This was over nearly 3 years from April 98 to December 2001. When we were in the old Div 2 we scored in all 36 League games in the promotion season 98-99.

Will be interesting to see on Saturday, after Inverness winning 4-1 vs. Falkirk last night, whether the no goals in 180 minutes so far will be broken when Queens travel to the Highlands this weekend.   

Can anyone who was there last night confirm how we lined up defensively?  Saw someone say that Brad Mckay went to right back, where he played to a decent level last season, with Warren and Donaldson in the middle.  Tremarco was at left-back although he was subbed injured in the first half, hopefully nothing serious.  Mulraney was also withdrawn early after a storming game, finally scoring a goal and setting up two others.  

I don't see why we'd change anything for this game - only difference will be if Austin comes back onto the bench following his tweak.  I've not been a huge fan of Oakely but he's scored three times in the last three games so has to stay.  

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Can anyone who was there last night confirm how we lined up defensively?  Saw someone say that Brad Mckay went to right back, where he played to a decent level last season, with Warren and Donaldson in the middle.  Tremarco was at left-back although he was subbed injured in the first half, hopefully nothing serious.  Mulraney was also withdrawn early after a storming game, finally scoring a goal and setting up two others.  

I don't see why we'd change anything for this game - only difference will be if Austin comes back onto the bench following his tweak.  I've not been a huge fan of Oakely but he's scored three times in the last three games so has to stay.  

Aye it was Brad at RB, Donaldson and Warren at CB and Tremarco at LB.  No idea how bad Tremarcos injury is but Mulraneys was just a kick and he was only taken off as a precaution.

Austin may take Daniel Mackays place on the bench, but I wouldn't be surprised if we stick with the same squad as Tuesday. Oakley was the best player on the pitch last night. Played his role perfectly mainly due to his hold up play improving significantly.  His positional sense is off at times but it didn't really detract from his performance IMO.

Tremarco went down on his own and was holding the back of his leg. Asked to be subbed straight away even before the physio came on. Calder who I’m not a huge fan of actually did really well to be fair if he can play like that on Saturday if Carlos is missing it should be ok

I would leave Oakley up front and keep bell and Baird as subs. Hopefully Mulraney is back to get that pace on the wing.  Hoping Oakley can continue his scoring streak make it 4 in 5 games.

19 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I am also not a big fan of Oakely but he really should be starting. Not for he goals he has scored recently but his hold up play and build up play was generally excellent on Tuesday.

I think it works very well as we have willing runners from Midfield in Polworth and Vigurs so he will always have options to lay the ball off to and then get himself in the box.

Not convinced he his a goalscorer as all of his goals have been tap ins that you couldn't miss (not complaining about this)

I am a big fan of George Oakley's, or I was when he was at AFCW.  Joined the club at 11 and has a great attitude and willingness to work hard and improve. Sadly, the rise of AFC Wimbledon meant that he was never going to be a regular and League 1 is well beyond him IMO, but I'm glad he has found things slightly easier in the Scottish Championship.  

He's a strong lad who holds the ball up well and brings others into play.  He's not the quickest or a natural goal scorer but he always puts in a strong shift when I've seen him in the past, mainly at youth and reserve level to be fair. 

Hoping he draws a blank on Saturday though! 

Archived