Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Div

Downtime Tonight

Recommended Posts

There seems to have been an influx of new aliases over the past week or so, which in my view is unquestionably* causing this issue

*

Ok, perhaps somewhat questionably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 15:57, Div said:

It's a strange one as we didn't really have many issues at all throughout 2017 and then in the last few days we've had quite a few issues.

Sounds familiar.  Many Sellick fans placing small bets on P&B going into admin is causing this IMO.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to this place being down when Rangers die again, it'll never get back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm looking forward to this place being down when Rangers die again, it'll never get back up.

I don't think you thought this sentence through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are sorry to hear about Pie and Bovril's financial problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't think you thought this sentence through.

True. I'm dreading not being able to sate my ohbsession when the inevitable bites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Tonight the site has been and up and down more than a Greenock burd's knickers.

I've been in the pub all night but aware of the problems.

Totally on top of it :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I pay my platinum membership to P&B 5088 by installments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Can I pay my platinum membership to P&B 5088 by installments?

We only accept original recipe full fat 9 sugar Irn Bru I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Tonight the site has been and up and down more than a Greenock burd's knickers.

They must be doing it for outsiders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

Maybe put P&B on a load balance and have two dedicated servers rather than the one?

We have previously split database and web services across two servers, it didn't really make a whole lot of difference, albeit our database back then caused us a lot of issues that have all now been resolved. Load Balancing the front end web services is something I've looked at but it is further complicated by the forum attachments/uploads that would then need to be synchronised across the boxes or to a shared storage area using rsync.

The server itself never goes down, it's just Apache that is stalling, and there is no obvious reason why it happens. Error logs are fairly inconclusive and it doesn't matter what mode we are running Apache in.

I've got a call with an Apache guy today so will see how that goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Div said:

We have previously split database and web services across two servers, it didn't really make a whole lot of difference, albeit our database back then caused us a lot of issues that have all now been resolved. Load Balancing the front end web services is something I've looked at but it is further complicated by the forum attachments/uploads that would then need to be synchronised across the boxes or to a shared storage area using rsync.

The server itself never goes down, it's just Apache that is stalling, and there is no obvious reason why it happens. Error logs are fairly inconclusive and it doesn't matter what mode we are running Apache in.

I've got a call with an Apache guy today so will see how that goes.

If they put you on hold, and this isn't the hold music, they should all lose their jobs immediately. Fucking great song, by the way.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as well no-one has been winding up Dumbarton fans about how successful they are running a football message board. Would be embarrassing for the board to go to shit round about the same time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Just as well no-one has been winding up Dumbarton fans about how successful they are running a football message board. Would be embarrassing for the board to go to shit round about the same time...

I'm happy to offer full refunds to any member who is unhappy with the performance of the site :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Div said:

I'm happy to offer full refunds to any member who is unhappy with the performance of the site :P

Mullarkey will be submitting all his billable hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've hired a geek to review this all. My level of geekness is not sufficient to fix this and I feel like I'm making things worse.

Hopefully some movement on this later today.

#PrayForTheGeek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Probably Dumbartons fault.

Bore off mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×