Downtime Tonight

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/8/2018 at 15:57, Div said:

It's a strange one as we didn't really have many issues at all throughout 2017 and then in the last few days we've had quite a few issues.

Sounds familiar.  Many Sellick fans placing small bets on P&B going into admin is causing this IMO.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Tonight the site has been and up and down more than a Greenock burd's knickers.

I've been in the pub all night but aware of the problems.

Totally on top of it :blink:

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Can I pay my platinum membership to P&B 5088 by installments?

We only accept original recipe full fat 9 sugar Irn Bru I'm afraid.

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Tonight the site has been and up and down more than a Greenock burd's knickers.

They must be doing it for outsiders.

48 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

Maybe put P&B on a load balance and have two dedicated servers rather than the one?

We have previously split database and web services across two servers, it didn't really make a whole lot of difference, albeit our database back then caused us a lot of issues that have all now been resolved. Load Balancing the front end web services is something I've looked at but it is further complicated by the forum attachments/uploads that would then need to be synchronised across the boxes or to a shared storage area using rsync.

The server itself never goes down, it's just Apache that is stalling, and there is no obvious reason why it happens. Error logs are fairly inconclusive and it doesn't matter what mode we are running Apache in.

I've got a call with an Apache guy today so will see how that goes.

29 minutes ago, Div said:

We have previously split database and web services across two servers, it didn't really make a whole lot of difference, albeit our database back then caused us a lot of issues that have all now been resolved. Load Balancing the front end web services is something I've looked at but it is further complicated by the forum attachments/uploads that would then need to be synchronised across the boxes or to a shared storage area using rsync.

The server itself never goes down, it's just Apache that is stalling, and there is no obvious reason why it happens. Error logs are fairly inconclusive and it doesn't matter what mode we are running Apache in.

I've got a call with an Apache guy today so will see how that goes.

If they put you on hold, and this isn't the hold music, they should all lose their jobs immediately. Fucking great song, by the way.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Just as well no-one has been winding up Dumbarton fans about how successful they are running a football message board. Would be embarrassing for the board to go to shit round about the same time...

I'm happy to offer full refunds to any member who is unhappy with the performance of the site :P

I've hired a geek to review this all. My level of geekness is not sufficient to fix this and I feel like I'm making things worse.

Hopefully some movement on this later today.

#PrayForTheGeek

Archived