Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

Probably as fair a draw as you’ll ever see.

First half undoubtedly belonged to Ayr. Shankland was tremendous and how Adams missed that header from 6 yards I’ll never know.

Still really don’t know how that equaliser went in so couldn’t really put anyone at fault if indeed there was any to hand out. The timing for me was crucial, had we kept a clean sheet for the first 15 mins of the second half, I’d have fancied us to win the game. No doubt Barr offered far more on the right than Herron.

McCall had absolutely no choice but to bring off Adams, his first booking was harsh and left him walking a tightrope from around the 15th minute onwards.

First look at Bell and thought he was solid and Paddy at left back put in a cracking shift.

As has been pointed out elsewhere on this thread, I’d fancy us all day long to get a result against Raith but unfortunately we have a troubling tendency to drop points without warning and Raith don’t.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Herron and Barr were considered fit enough to play today (as Rose was for us after being rated 50/50 in the lead up).  McGuffie was also rated doubtful. He made the bench but didn't play.

Lennox has been back in your match day squad since before Christmas has he not?  He's not your managers first choice, Smith is.  Cuthbert hasn't played a first team game since Methuselah was a boy and I'm pretty sure you didn't go into this season expecting him to play in goals most weeks? Benedictus and McHattie it is then, and if we're being extremely kind, Cuthbert.  Two maybe three players?

Ayr have had at least five first team squad players missing on both trips to Starks this season. We win the game of injury Top Trumps!

It's not like we have had both first choice keepers out for months until recently and our first choice centre half, losing our captain to Hearts etc...

5 minutes ago, Parkhouse said:

So Herron and Barr were considered fit enough to play today (as Rose was for us after being rated 50/50 in the lead up).  McGuffie was also rated doubtful. He made the bench but didn't play.

Lennox has been back in your match day squad since before Christmas has he not?  He's not your managers first choice, Smith is.  Cuthbert hasn't played a first team game since Methuselah was a boy and I'm pretty sure you didn't go into this season expecting him to play in goals most weeks? Benedictus and McHattie it is then, and if we're being extremely kind, Cuthbert.  Two maybe three players?

Ayr have had at least five first team squad players missing on both trips to Starks this season. We win the game of injury Top Trumps!

Who have Ayr even been missing? Saw Higgins got injured and is out for the rest of the season, and that Geggan was missing too, but other than that I don't know too many other players . If they're similar to jobbers like Adams, then you're not missing much. 

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Firstly going out his way to run past the away support after he scored, I hate that! But the main thing was standing in front of our keeper at free kicks trying to stop him communicating with the wall, childish and unprofessional. Guy is a total moron.

My love for Spence has reached new levels. Tbf, there's not much better than seeing players celebrating in front of opposition fans, and watching middle age men turn into frothing wrecks. Good lad, Spencey. 

My love for Spence has reached new levels. Tbf, there's not much better than seeing players celebrating in front of opposition fans, and watching middle age men turn into frothing wrecks. Good lad, Spencey. 

That must be his only qualities, he’s actually not a very good footballer.

13 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Probably as fair a draw as you’ll ever see.

First half undoubtedly belonged to Ayr. Shankland was tremendous and how Adams missed that header from 6 yards I’ll never know.

Still really don’t know how that equaliser went in so couldn’t really put anyone at fault if indeed there was any to hand out. The timing for me was crucial, had we kept a clean sheet for the first 15 mins of the second half, I’d have fancied us to win the game. No doubt Barr offered far more on the right than Herron.

McCall had absolutely no choice but to bring off Adams, his first booking was harsh and left him walking a tightrope from around the 15th minute onwards.

First look at Bell and thought he was solid and Paddy at left back put in a cracking shift.

As has been pointed out elsewhere on this thread, I’d fancy us all day long to get a result against Raith but unfortunately we have a troubling tendency to drop points without warning and Raith don’t.

Never really thought of tightrope walking as a contact sport myself :)

13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Firstly going out his way to run past the away support after he scored, I hate that! But the main thing was standing in front of our keeper at free kicks trying to stop him communicating with the wall, childish and unprofessional. Guy is a total moron.

Dry your eyes for f**k sake. 

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

hahhaha first of all when Shankland scored against us in the first game at Starks park this season he went out of his way to celebrate in front of us, and secondly ur managers tactics and post match interview was childish and unprofessional. we have 1 p***k, Ayr have multiple p***ks

hahhaha first of all when Shankland scored against us in the first game at Starks park this season he went out of his way to celebrate in front of us, and secondly ur managers tactics and post match interview was childish and unprofessional. we have 1 p***k, Ayr have multiple p***ks

Fair enough, touché

Before today I wasn’t a massive fan of him. Because of this though, he’s my Player of the Year.

Top Lad.

6 minutes ago, Parkhouse said:

As already mentioned, the jobbers we were missing today include Crawford, Geggan and Docherty. If you'd been to Somerset earlier in the season you may have noticed the first of them score when we played you off the park?  

Papering over cracks...your form has been gash for weeks. All of this injury stuff is deflection from the real issue...an "off course" team with a tosser of a manager.

Archived