Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goal out of nowhere. Davidson can't make a slide tackle stick. McKay moves across to the top take up a central position but Thomson doesn't move in and Shankland has loads of space to move onto a lofted pass.

I would've said we've been marginally the better side, but Matthews wide left isn't working, as you'd expect. Herron too pedestrian on the right, too. He's relatively tidy on the ball, but makes nothing happen.

Tough ask for that back line today.  Mckay has done well this season but really tough one up against Shankland.

Scrappy game and not much in it, we gave arguably been the better side but Ayr look sharp up front.

We're back to where we were a month or so ago. Spence and Buchanan have maybe had three touches inside the box between them. Without any natural wide players, we can't get far enough up the park to bring them into the game. We've been chipping the ball up to them, but they can't do it all.

My immediate temptation would be to swap Matthews and Vaughan. Robertson and Vaughan are getting their feet on the bell, but when they push it wide we break down.

I'd rather at least have Vaughan cutting inside and out, running at the defence.

Archived