Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

Most teams have come to Starks Park and enjoyed decent spells of possession whilst looking tidy on the ball.

So far, we've been able to defend very well an be very clinical in front of goal. Not much more to it than that.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

So who is likely all to be out for us:

Geggan, Rose, Higgins, Docherty, Crawford, Gilmour, McGuffie. Missing anyone? Easy home victory.

Yous still have Shankland, Moffat, Forrest etc.  Think this will be a tight game especially with Zannatta now away who has been our main attacking threat the last couple games.

4 games after this are just as important for us. By then we will have played 3 away games in a row and both our games in hand.

We could easily win on Sat and struggle in those games and vice versa.

So who is likely all to be out for us:
Geggan, Rose, Higgins, Docherty, Crawford, Gilmour, McGuffie. Missing anyone? Easy home victory.

Geggan Higgins Docherty Crawford and Gilmour all defo out based on the Ayrshire Post. It said Rose and McGuffie might be OK, but I heard from someone else that they were both missing too so who knows.

Rose is the important one IMO. If he is OK and no other new ones have materialised then we can still play a normal looking team,albeit an understrengh one. If he misses out you are then putting Adams or more likely Bell back to CB and having someone out of position in CM.

If he is back i'd expect same as last week but Rose in for Higgins. If not, Bell at CB with Moffat in CM and Moore in up front.

While it's not ideal, at this level you can get away with playing a centre midfield in defence a lot of the time.  Scott Robertson has probably played as many, or more, games in defence as a make shift centre back. A lot of the time, teams sat off us so much it was completely irrelevant.

Aye, having Bell or Adams in centre defence wouldnt bother me as such - its more the fact it would leave only one centre midfielder. Which coupled with both wide midfielders being very attacking and offering very little protection to the defence would give me a bit of the fear what with Rovers attacking options

Geggan, Docherty, Crawford, Gilmour and Higgins all defo our for us with Rose and McGuffie both doubts. 

Worse case scenario id line up:

Ruddy/Hart

Ferguson

Reid

Bell

Boyle

McDaid

Faulds

Adams

Forrest

Moffat

Shankland

If Rose is fit then I’d play him centre back and move Bell in to midfield beside Jamie Adams. 

We simply must win or the title race is over. 

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We're apparently in a race against time to get a Wolves goalie signed up on time for Saturday, could be a saving grace.

You're not the first team to take Ruddy on loan this season. He was at Oldham for 5 games where he conceded 14 goals before he was sent back. Might be better sticking with Hart. 

Despite the 14  in 5 at Oldham,  Wolves seemed pleased with his loan spell and gave him a contract extension after he came back.  Seems a promising goalie, but very young and inexperienced.  I would imagine he's getting some good coaching at Wolves.

Since Hart chucked 2 in at Starks in the first game, I suppose he couldn't do much worse. 

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Could you not have just stuck with Hart for just one more game?!

It depends on 3 three things. 1.. have ayr got him.  2... will his registration be in on time. and  3.... would he need international clearance being english or signed with a english club.

4 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

It depends on 3 three things. 1.. have ayr got him.  2... will his registration be in on time. and  3.... would he need international clearance being english or signed with a english club.

Don't think he is even signing

16 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

According to the Daily Rangers we're waiting on international clearance for him and it's a race against time for him to be able to play on Saturday.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

According to the Daily Rangers we're waiting on international clearance for him and it's a race against time for him to be able to play on Saturday.

Hopefully it doesn't come through, Jordan has a great game and we use the money from this to get a defender 

Archived