Scotland Centre Backs

Just now, gannonball said:

Cant be out injured again if your already injured

image.gif.e09bee02fd64144dd3863fe1914fd655.gif

It's mad.

In that time frame he's had 4 separate injuries that had him out for at least 3 months. Your man Pep is comparing that to your average player turning their ankle and getting the cold twice a season 😂

It's actually a worse record than Jack Wilshere, renowned as one of the biggest crocks around.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's mad.

In that time frame he's had 4 separate injuries that had him out for at least 3 months. Your man Pep is comparing that to your average player turning their ankle and getting the cold twice a season 😂

It's actually a worse record than Jack Wilshere, renowned as one of the biggest crocks around.

Willing to bet you haven't even looked at it. 

If you did you'd notice he had 10 injuries in six years, 3 of them 'knocks' that kept him out for a combined total of 25 days.

Which, as we've established, is below average for a professional footballer. That's how he's racked up over 200 games aged 24.

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

Willing to bet you haven't even looked at it. 

If you did you'd notice he had 10 injuries in six years, 3 of them 'knocks' that kept him out for a combined total of 25 days.

Which, as we've established, is below average for a professional footballer. That's how he's racked up over 200 games aged 24.

Yes m8, I didn't look at his injury record, I just plucked a couple of numbers out the air.

He's a crock who's missed more than half of the past 3 seasons with multiple recurring injuries. He's clearly not playing through the next 3 seasons without it happening again.

He'll become a Scottish football myth after he's forced to retire in 3 years after yet another achilles pops. Some Beckenbauer-esque figure who was cruelly stolen from the Scottish game through some darned bad luck with injuries.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes m8, I didn't look at his injury record, I just plucked a couple of numbers out the air.

He's a crock who's missed more than half of the past 3 seasons with multiple recurring injuries. He's clearly not playing through the next 3 seasons without it happening again.

He'll become a Scottish football myth after he's forced to retire in 3 years after yet another achilles pops. Some Beckenbauer-esque figure who was cruelly stolen from the Scottish game through some darned bad luck with injuries.

Yeah that's drivel mate not even worthy of serious consideration.

I think you lot are weird. We're on a Scotland team forum discussing the Scotland team. A Scottish international has finally recovered from long term injury. I post to say this is good news and pleases me.

You lot react gleefully labeling him a crock who's shite anyway. With no basis in reality for either of those claims. You're weird.

I'm not sure what we're even debating at this point, I think you lot could do with having a wee look at yourselves.

I think you lot are weird. We're on a Scotland team forum discussing the Scotland team. A Scottish international has finally recovered from long term injury. I post to say this is good news and pleases me.

You lot react gleefully labeling him a crock who's shite anyway. With no basis in reality for either of those claims. You're weird.

I'm not sure what we're even debating at this point, I think you lot could do with having a wee look at yourselves.

Your trolling is getting worse as you're getting older m8, won't be long until you're on here trying to have serious conversations.

End of an era 😭

5 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I rated Souttar above McKenna tbh years ago but the horrible injuries he’s had would affect anybody’s trajectory significantly.I think him just staying relatively fit for a season would be his current aim.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've never understood how some football fans seem to blame certain players for their injuries, like it's some flaw in their character. 

Its part of their profession. Like Tierney, he comes back from long-term injury plays a pile of games then gets one impact injury. Which just comes with the territory. Straight away people are on here screaming crock.

Also desperation to label players shite. As if that gives them some sort of insight. Its probably the only thing they can think of to say about a player.

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've never understood how some football fans seem to blame certain players for their injuries, like it's some flaw in their character. 

Who's done that?

Folk are just saying Souttar is injury prone so is never likely to reach his "potential", which in turn means its unlikely he'll play regularly for Scotland.

It's the utter weirdo's who seem to take that as some personal insult who turn it all into something it's not.

11 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Wow, I didn't know his doctor and his consultant posted here.

I'm forecasting him as being one of the best CB's in the country next season as that's what he was before he got injured, and now he's not injured, so that's what he's likely to be again.

Nothing to do with Alloa.

As for not showing it for any sustained period, its remarkable after over two years of injury he's still got over 200 games under his belt aged 24. f**k knows what a sustained period would look like then.

He's class and will be fine and get many more Scotland caps. Him and Jamie Hamilton are our best bet of releasing McTominay to play in midfield for the WC qualifiers.

Are you actually Souttar? what a ridiculous load of nonsense you are spouting

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who's done that?

Folk are just saying Souttar is injury prone so is never likely to reach his "potential", which in turn means its unlikely he'll play regularly for Scotland.

It's the utter weirdo's who seem to take that as some personal insult who turn it all into something it's not.

Tbf there seems to be over reactions on both sides of this argument.

And as usual one "ireland" fan talking exclusively about other posters.

Obviously John Soutter is injury prone, its strange to argue otherwise.

But there is people desperate to put the boot in and call him shite. Which is equally strange.

Hopefully he can stay injury free and build himself back up. If he can for a couple of years then he maybe can push on get a decent move and get back in the scotland team.

I unfortunately doubt he will, but hopefully he can.

I rate Souttar and hope he comes back better after his series of injuries but for people to say he isn't injury prone is a wild take, hoping that's all in the past as the guy is still young and he kicks on. Also think he's too slow to play at a much higher level but would love to be proven wrong.

45 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I rate Souttar and hope he comes back better after his series of injuries but for people to say he isn't injury prone is a wild take, hoping that's all in the past as the guy is still young and he kicks on. Also think he's too slow to play at a much higher level but would love to be proven wrong.

Its one injury that has reoccurred twice. Injury prone would mean lots of different injuries regularly, just having the type of body that breaks down easily. There's no evidence of that at any time in his career, as has been shown he's actually someone who would getting injured less than the average player before this happened. 

Anyway I'm done with a pointless argument.

Its one injury that has reoccurred twice. Injury prone would mean lots of different injuries regularly, just having the type of body that breaks down easily. There's no evidence of that at any time in his career, as has been shown he's actually someone who would getting injured less than the average player before this happened. 

Anyway I'm done with a pointless argument.

Injury prone just means someone who is likely or prone to get injured. Its irrelevant whether its the same injury or lots of different injuries.

I still expect McTominay to be in the defence - the only other player with a half chance of being there instead is Cooper, and the fact he's left-footed probably works against him a bit. Hendry is nowhere near ready as a defender and none of the rest of them are good enough on the ball.

Was actually quite impressed by Welsh today, he's perhaps growing into the role a bit at Celtic now. The Euros will come too soon for him, but he might have a chance as a Scotland player if he can keep improving the way he has recently.

16 minutes ago, It's my pancreas, John. said:

What's the reason why the majority prefer Hanley to Gallagher?   

Hanley's been fine but Gallagher has been tremendous for Scotland.  We look less commanding without him.  

Better, younger, more experienced, less likely to skelp old men with baseball bats.