Scotland Centre Backs

Well I guess we have our new CB now celtic have signed Henry. I do not know much about him at all but if he plays in there starting 11 he's a shoe in to start for us.

Yeah you'd have to think so. Good age too - hope he steps up quickly.

If he does - him an Lindsay in for the next squad plz.

Overall if we had an under 24 team much stronger than 5 or 6 years ago - most of them getting 1st team football to. Prob missed a few of the list below but not to bad a team

Archer

Tierney
Mckenna
Lindsay
Robertson

Mcginn
McCrorie

Burke
Fraser
Mcgregor

Mcburnie

Subs
Patterson
Cummings
Kingsley
Gauld
Ralston
Cochrane
Morgan
Hendry
Mallan
Docherty

• 1 month later...
Guest Bob Mahelp

I don't believe I've seen any player progress so quickly as Scott McKenna.

18 months ago virtually out of the game, and even 7 months ago few Dons fans had even heard of him. Now a first team regular and looking like he could well have an accomplished international career.

Given that he's still only 21, it's remarkable. 

Thing I love most about McKenna is that he's a learner. He takes every single experience, good and bad, and uses it to make himself a better footballer. You  can see him grow in virtually every game he plays for the Dons, and I'm delighted that Alex McLeish seems to recognise a kindred spirit in big Scott.

Well done son on grasping your chance.

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I don't believe I've seen any player progress so quickly as Scott McKenna.

18 months ago virtually out of the game, and even 7 months ago few Dons fans had even heard of him. Now a first team regular and looking like he could well have an accomplished international career.

Given that he's still only 21, it's remarkable. 

Thing I love most about McKenna is that he's a learner. He takes every single experience, good and bad, and uses it to make himself a better footballer. You  can see him grow in virtually every game he plays for the Dons, and I'm delighted that Alex McLeish seems to recognise a kindred spirit in big Scott.

Well done son on grasping your chance.

Good post. With him, Tierney, Robertson,  Lindsay and Hendry it should hopefully limit the time that Hanley gets in our future squads.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:03, RandomGuy. said:

See Aberdeen fans frantically fawning over Scott McKenna. The boy will never play for Scotland because he's absolutely dreadful, not because he plays for Aberdeen.

14 hours ago, red23 said:

This can be closed now.

Not before mentioning that McKenna now has twice the caps that Stevie May has achieved, some achievement for a boy  that is "absolutely dreadful".

Looking much more promising with McKenna(21) and Hendry's(22) performance last night. Liam Lindsay(22), Angus McDonald(25), Ross McCrorie(20), John Souttar(21) and Liam Cooper(26).

Surely this spells the end for Russell Martin, Christophe Berra, Charlie Mulgrew. Berra probably the best out of the 3 of these more experienced players.

Mckenna has been a revelation in his 2 caps with 2 mom to boot. With another 3 friendly games before the serious stuff hopefully him and hendry can form a solid cb partnership. Going from having nobody of note in the CB area we could be about to have very good pairing for the next decade.

Edited by kenny131

17 minutes ago, ekfootball said:

Looking much more promising with McKenna(21) and Hendry's(22) performance last night. Liam Lindsay(22), Angus McDonald(25), Ross McCrorie(20), John Souttar(21) and Liam Cooper(26).

Surely this spells the end for Russell Martin, Christophe Berra, Charlie Mulgrew. Berra probably the best out of the 3 of these more experienced players.

McKenna,Hendry,Lindsay,Souttar,Cooper and Berra would be the 6 to keep in the squad going forward for me.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

McKenna,Hendry,Lindsay,Souttar,Cooper and Berra would be the 6 to keep in the squad going forward for me.

if we play a back three McRorie should be in that list.